I originally bought this 95 YJ in Pensacola, FL in 2010. It had several issues that had to be taken care of right away. After $1500 in tires,
rear brake repairs, new radiator, tie rod end replacement, it was finally drivable, as the first drive home in pouring rain almost got me killed
in a head on collision.
Found some full steel doors for $150 off CL and began cleaning them up and repainting them. The silver that is on
the jeep is not stock by any means so paint matching took quite some time but I manage to find the right stuff. Also
replaced the chrome handle with new black handles from Quadratec.
Finally got the funds together to get a better lift going. 5" BDS lift with 1" boomerang shackle lift. It was an excellent setup and had
everything I needed for the complete setup with braided brake lines and Fox shocks, etc etc. The old lift was an extreme pain to remove
and even required creating a special tool to remove the old shackles off. Also did the SYE kit, new front and rear driveshaft
(custom built at a local shop).
Currently working on cleaning and repainting the cage and basket of the roof rack. Also had a friend weld on some steel
to mount the jerry can mounts I purchased awhile back. I have 2 mounts, 1 for each side, mounted in the back of the basket.
Still a work in progress.
Was missing a 1 of the 4 bracket mounts for the basket to the cage so i had to make my own since local hardware
shopping yielded no results. Got some donor steel off the old transfer case skid plate drops. Cleaned them up, bent them
to size and painted.
Last edited by Ken3783; 02-25-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Reason: picture editing
Assembled the basket. Mounted the jerry can mounts on the steel in the back that my buddy welded on for me. Attached said
jerry cans. The wife and I installed the basket on to the cage at 8 or 9pm. It was sleeting at the time which made the process enjoyable.
This is the finished setup for time being until more funding becomes available. Getting ready to be re-stationed in Sitka, AK.
Also had some diamond plate rear corner panels laying around so my buddy and I installed those with some 3M double-sided
molding tape and attached the roof rack rear cage mounts through the plating and through the upper section of the tub above
the lights. We also put a steel plate in the inside of the tub attached the rack mount bolts for additional strength and security.
The rear cage mounts also required trimming to work with the flush mounted rear lights.
Wired up the new alternator directly to the battery with 2ga wire and a 150 amp circuit breaker just before the battery terminal. It was mostly a direct bolt on with the exception of the power wire clocking shroud on the back. Had to shave it down in places for the 2ga terminal lug to fit in, but easy enough. Also had to place the belt onto the alternator before placing it in its bolt holes and use a breaker bar as a crow bar to get the bottom adjustment bolt in. Took longer than I initially expected but most of that was due to the weather, 32 degrees, rain/snowing off and on, high winds. It was a bad time to do it but I wanted it done.