my 98 Sport 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > my 98 Sport 4.0

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-26-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
jeffk1975
1998 TJ Wrangler 

my 98 Sport 4.0

Picked up my Jeep a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a pic from the day I got it.

After some cleaning under the hood.

Had a 2" body lift, 33" BFG AT's and some dust in the spring perches that was at one point 2" coil spacers.

New plugs, wires, cap and rotor which was needed since 2 of the plugs were platinum II's

Came with a hard top and a half soft top.

jeffk1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
jeffk1975
1998 TJ Wrangler 

coming from the Mustang, I've always gotten great service and pricing from American Muscle so when I found out that Extreme Terrain was also a Turn5 company I decided to get in touch with them for some stuff that I was lusting after.

MBRP Catback was the first on the list.

Then I noticed all the cool stuff offered under the Barricade brand. Since I'm going to be using my Jeep for mostly on-road with some trail riding and Uwharrie trips, I wanted to be prepared for whatever.

I also picked up a 4" rough country lift from a friend of mine and installed that along with a Terraflex adjustable front track bar.

Barricade Trail force HD front bumper and rock sliders added. These seem like really solid pieces. Winch and rear bumper are on the way.

Next is an SYE and Olivers custom driveshaft.

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
jeffk1975
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed some Raxiom lights today.

Size on the windshield ones is about perfect. Can't hardly see them from inside.

I also installed the Barricade rear bumper and tire carrier and their 12k winch. Both really solid pieces.
Unread 09-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
jeffk1975
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New wheels/tires.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...rrain-2734738/
Unread 09-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
jeffk1975
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just wrapped up the SYE, DC shaft, Advance adapters TC shift bracket and Rock Krawler upper adjustable Control arms install this weekend. Man, it's like a new Jeep. No more vibrations under acceleration and I swear it actually rides and handles better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.