My '98 Cherokee Chili Pepper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My '98 Cherokee Chili Pepper

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-18-2001, 10:29 PM   #1
Shiner

My '98 Cherokee Chili Pepper

http://members.home.net/dwaltz1/Jeep.html

Shiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2001, 09:11 AM   #2
TJGrrl

Ooooooooh, shiny!
Unread 11-19-2001, 01:36 PM   #3
Bathor

Neeeed dirt!
</A>
Bathor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bathor,

You might want to check your link in your .sig there .. it doesn't open properly. There is a "line BReak" in the code.

Cool site .. not enough pics of your pretty missus, and too many pics of you

Anyways .. enough of that
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2001, 07:13 PM   #5
xjnation

looks too nice need a few scratches and nicks on that thing...she sure is purty!
89 MJ water hauler

[B]LIFE IS AN OBSTACLE...........[/B] [COLOR=red]GET OVER IT!!!![/COLOR]
xjnation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2001, 08:14 PM   #6
CB89XJ

Edited, to stop the crying. I like your Jeep, just not the TypeR sticker. That's all I meant by my previous comment. You guys make sure you stay away from JU. Later

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2001, 08:40 PM   #7
Shiner

Wow, I feel so unwelcome here. I really thought that this was a Jeep forum, not a burley woodsman forum. I happen to have used my Cherokee almost everyday since I bought it to pick up and deliver products for my business. I'm proud of how my vehicle looks and how it presents my business to the public. I say "to each his own". Sorry to vent, but yes, I am somewhat offended and dissappointed in the kind of responses I have received. Thanks for letting me visit, it was interesting to say the least.
Shiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2001, 09:01 PM   #8
Alex D

I know shiner ! I agree with you. Why are people so envious and critical. I am a member here just since today and am not familiar with this flaming. Some real jerkoffs here in this thread....would like to know if they would like to be welcomed like this......

I'm founding member of the LS1.com and corvetteforum.com and in general we rejoice in our common interest.
For my part....I LOVE Zaino...use it on all my vehicles.....Stick around......great red machine !!!
Unread 12-05-2001, 06:52 AM   #9
Jeepers Ron

I like going off-road but still like to keep my vehicle looking good. I donít know why some people think that a Jeep has to be dirty and bent up to look good?

[url="http://www.ronsplace/jeep.htm"]My Jeep page[/url]
Jeepers Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2001, 09:26 AM   #10
k_b_stephens

Shiner, just take flamers with a grain of salt, no biggy. Most people on the board are very helpful and may joke with you a bit. But all in all, a very good board. Just don't post your Jeep on Pirate4x4.com.....thats asking to be burned to a crisp.
There's nothing wrong with a clean Jeep. Personally, I like to keep my Jeep clean and always give it a good scrub after wheeling. Kinda like cleaning your tools after using them. Take you Jeep offroad, if you haven't, to learn what it can do. Would you buy a mountain bike to ride on the street?

I think the rice comment was aimed at the R-Type badging....hehe...not to flame you, but gotta ask why?

Anyway, Nice Jeep! I've lways been a fan of Cherokees.
Keith

'03 Rubicon
k_b_stephens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2001, 11:54 AM   #11
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey,

Quote:
CB89XJ said:
No offense, but why don't you just get a rice burner? It would make more sense for you. Jeeps are supposed to be taken offroad, they're not made to see how shiny you can get them. Not trying to start a flame war, just curious. My .02
CB89XJ, not everyone believes that Jeeps are for Off-Road. Not even AMC or Willys believed that .. hence the 2 wheel drive models (and even the XJ and MJ had a 2 wheel drive option).

The J-Series of trucks had 2 and 4 wheel models, DJ's were all 2 wheel drive and even the CJ's had a 2wheel model (The CJ10).

Now, I can hear the flames sizzling, but if you check into your history of the Jeep, they are built as utility vehicles, tools of a sort. Each one was designed specifically for a function, whether as a TowTruck, a Pickup, an ambulance or personal carrier, or a toy .. or ..

I will defend everyone's desire to own a Jeep. I may not agree with each ones use of their Jeep (mud running, rock crawling, snow running, tree bashing, street posing .. ) but its their Jeep, and they can do with it as their budget dictates!

Monday to Friday, I own a sexy, shiny street Jeep .. on Saturday, it becomes my toy to play with.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2001, 11:16 PM   #12
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally posted by CB89XJ:
No offense, but why don't you just get a rice burner? It would make more sense for you. Jeeps are supposed to be taken offroad, they're not made to see how shiny you can get them. Not trying to start a flame war, just curious. My .02
Here's a shiny one that gets used offroad.

Unread 12-28-2001, 08:55 AM   #13
fReAkY_dIvEr

Ya - I own a 98 ZJ that honestly doesn't have any real noticable scratches on it yet and its been on some of the toughest trails in CO and UT... Thank god its black so one can't see the Rocky Mountain pinstriping thats goin on...
fReAkY_dIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2002, 05:57 AM   #14
JIM79CJ7

I'M NOT ASHAMED OF MY SHINE !!!! CHECK OUT WHAT THE TENACIOUS JEEP LOKED LIKE BEFORE ! IT GET'S USED AND IT GETS WASHED . CHICKS DIG IT ! GOTTA GO MY WIFES COMING !

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #15
Grand Cherokee

I think the "Type R" sticker/badge got to them along with the fact that your Jeep is clean. This isn't a pic of mine but I thought of it when I saw this topic. A Jeep with a Type R sicker and some mud. The best of both worlds. I think they originally put that on his Jeep as a joke but he liked it and kept it.
BTW, this is just after he was pulled from a big mud hole. Find the video at www.biggrandcherokee.com
Mods: 20% tint on front windows, Ventvisors, locking gas cap, Kidde fire extinguisher, UC+Anthony's 2" BB with XL IAS Edelbrocks, OME SD40, RE 4130 tie rod, ORGS trackbar, Kolak 70 catback-minus the tip right now. To be continued...
Next:-get JKS adjustable trackbars installed, new tie rod
Then: 31x10.50 GY MT/Rs, skids, and I still gotta get that tip welded on.

ZJ pics that really need to be updated
Grand Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.