»mY 97 bLuE tJ« - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > »mY 97 bLuE tJ«

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 04-30-2009, 06:08 AM   #61
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport44 View Post
what caused your spider gears to get that badly chewed up? mirrors will look good black i did mine not to long ago. where do you get a heat gun and hows did you use it i don't want to melt my flares. im going to claybar my jeep this weekend too.
I gotta be honest I'm not sure why they got so chewed up, I think they look pretty beat!
I'm assuming when I got stuck one wheel was spinning so it just ground it up... But it happened and I needed to replaced them..

I'm gonna try to get pix this morning of the mirrors, I like how they came out (except the middle of bracket didn't get enough paint but to bad) I gotta clean off the pollen, looks almost like I have a green jeep..

The heat gun I have already since I use it for work, but you can get them really anywhere. (Home depot,Harbor Freight, lowes ) they have like cheap ten fifteen dollar ones sometimes..
Now you won't melt it because its pretty tough plastic so you just move along and watch it turn black. Really doesn't take long either.

Btw what's claybar compared to regular turtle wax??

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #62
MisterO

heres the pictures of my newly painted mirror brackets..
forgot to do the screw heads.. oopsyy..

Unread 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #63
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

those look pretty nice.
also seeking a soundbar and gps.
lilbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #64
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluetj View Post
those look pretty nice.
hehe thanks.. just teachin myself how to paint a little bit.. came out pretty good i think. (except the part where i hung them up)
Unread 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #65
MisterO

last night was on craigslist and saw a guy had an 04 soft top for sale for 25$ so i emailed him and went there today.. i figured twenty five bucks i couldn't go wrong!
picked it up and he said the frame is tweaked a wee bit (the reason he giving it up) and it doesnt close.. the windows are in perfect condition so i took it..
i brought it home thinking i can just use the skin for my frame which was fine but after about an hour it all turned in to a big mess and i had no top and it was starting to rain..
well a bit later i got the frame on and the soft top is on.. its great (has a few small holes, but better then my big holes..) i like it very much but when its nice i gotta take a look at the frame and fix it up!
but for now its on and way better then my last one. although it is a slightly different color i still like.

Unread 05-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #66
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

looks alot like mine, we have very similar models with just about the same mods.
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #67
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

i have the same top on mine from an 05 but i just a bought a new one in black with tinted windows and i am real excited my h3 Xenon bulbs came in tonight and i installed them in my fog lights it looks sick at night. ohh and claybar takes off all the old grim and old wax down to the clear coat and man is it smooth i used meguair's from autozone and was 20 for the claybar but it was so worth it. i did it tonight and my paint is like new.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55

Last edited by SOLIDJP44; 05-01-2009 at 08:15 PM..
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #68
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

i personally like the tire carrier on , i had mine off for a while but it only looks ok on some lifted jeeps depending i didn't care for the look after awhile it took away from it, just my two cents. and your going to create rust with hat license plate agaisnt the tub all the junk it will hold, you better keep it flushed often

Unread 05-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #69
MisterO

Quote:
i personally like the tire carrier on , i had mine off for a while but it only looks ok on some lifted jeeps depending i didn't care for the look after awhile it took away from it, just my two cents. and your going to create rust with hat license plate agaisnt the tub all the junk it will hold, you better keep it flushed often
well well well about the tire carrier im not such a fan of it off but i took it off for a few reasons..
im gonna be sanding and repainting the rim this week i hope, and also the carrier is rusted out so i wanna fix that up too.. next i gotta repair the damage to the rear and figured it might be easier with it all off.. (i dunno, makes sense to me lol) about the license plate, i actually just got the bracket in the mail and as soon as i fix that corner that was busted up, i will be putting the plate back on where its supposed to be!
thats pretty much all..
Unread 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #70
MisterO

well it was yesterday, i hit the lucky 7's...

Then today after having some spare time and some paint, i sanded down the spare tires wheel and painted it with semi flat black to see how it would look.. not sure if i like it really but i gotta see what to do because all the wheels are chipping and look crappy..

also along with that i repainted the tire carrier and put it back on..

then the last thing i did today was install my rear defog switch and relay (even though i have the soft top on)
thats all for today...
gotsta save moneys now since im gettin married soon.
Unread 05-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #71
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

id paint the wheels with autozone metallic wheel paint in the silver gun metal color just my opinion i don't like the gamblers black, but thats just me i think they would look better in a metallic finish, other wise get to work on the body..hehe

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #72
MisterO

Quote:
id paint the wheels with autozone metallic wheel paint in the silver gun metal color just my opinion i don't like the gamblers black, but thats just me i think they would look better in a metallic finish, other wise get to work on the body..hehe
what type of metallic wheel paint?? lemme know im probably changing them because i dont like gamblers black wither..
and the body need like a whole week to do lol but its on my list..
Unread 05-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #73
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Its Like 7 Bucks A Can But I Heard Great Things About It There Is A Good Slection On Wheel Paint You Just Have To Go And Look You Probably Need At Least 2 Cans And Some Clear To Do It Right THEY HAD A CHARCOAL LIKE SILVER IT WAS VERY NICE LOOKING

Unread 05-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #74
MisterO

Quote:
Its Like 7 Bucks A Can But I Heard Great Things About It There Is A Good Slection On Wheel Paint You Just Have To Go And Look You Probably Need At Least 2 Cans And Some Clear To Do It Right THEY HAD A CHARCOAL LIKE SILVER IT WAS VERY NICE LOOKING
im trying not to spend any money these days due to getting married in a few months.. but ill take a look. anyway i have like 45$ rewards stacked up there for times like these
Unread 05-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #75
MisterO

Really i havent spent any money on my jeep in the past week except for today.. i put in gas again..
but being that it was so gorgeous out, i took the top down and doors off.
im not sure if its legal to take doors off over here but i put on mirrors in case that is a problem.. and also i like having mirrors. I bought these Harley mirrors off ebay and they are really great!!

drivers side

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.