»mY 97 bLuE tJ« - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > »mY 97 bLuE tJ«

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #46
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsaharatj View Post
looking good! I like the warn bumper... I'm going to be back in Rockland most of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we should meet up and snap a few pics !!
Thank you, i like the warn bumper too, just gotta get d-rings for it... and my damn daylighters are causing me issues and i cant even remove them since their stuckk real annoying...
I guess ill let ya know when im around.. sounds like an idea..

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #47
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Slow and steady wins the race! My Jeep is by no means coming along quickly. We'll see if I can change that this summer. I like how yours is coming so far. Eventually I'd like to change every light on my Jeep except the headlights to LEDs, I think I'm going to follow suit with you and do my dash first, it's probably cheapest.

Nice Jeep!

My build
joet7287 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #48
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet7287 View Post
Slow and steady wins the race! My Jeep is by no means coming along quickly. We'll see if I can change that this summer. I like how yours is coming so far. Eventually I'd like to change every light on my Jeep except the headlights to LEDs, I think I'm going to follow suit with you and do my dash first, it's probably cheapest.

Nice Jeep!
Thanx for the compliments.
And you stole my line, slow and steady wins the race.. Lol everytime I think about buildin up my jeep I say to myself slow down it'll all come together nicely and in due time. With that I do things slowly and move forward without just dumping so much money in at a time and it feels like I'm not blowing to much$$$$...

Anywho.. About the LEDs I just redid my gauge cluster LEDS because I was havin problems.. But they are really not to expensive and its a really nice mod.. I also put two LEDs into the a/c-Heat control today. And I threw in an LED bulb into the dome light... So I'm pretty much covered and all for a few dollars and I like it.

I too am hoping for some progress in the summer months.

Good Luck and btw post pix of your jeep I wanna see new pix..
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #49
smithtime09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
and picture doesn't do justice, but i put in this little LED bulb in the dome light.. its a different light it gives off being that its LED but doesn't give me enough light up front, more or less better for the back but i like the color.
now i need to find something for the front so the fiancé will be able to see when she looks in the mirror lol
Is there a write-up on this? My dome light is absolute crap and I want to upgrade it (preferably cheap)
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #50
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtime09 View Post
Is there a write-up on this? My dome light is absolute crap and I want to upgrade it (preferably cheap)
well i used a small bulb and didnt really change anything.. so its a brighter and different color light now , but it doesnt give any light to the two front seats.. so it didnt do much for me. if you read HERE youll see there is a way to do it and i plan on doing this in the near future...

Good luck, seems simple enough.
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #51
smithtime09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
well i used a small bulb and didnt really change anything.. so its a brighter and different color light now , but it doesnt give any light to the two front seats.. so it didnt do much for me. if you read HERE youll see there is a way to do it and i plan on doing this in the near future...

Good luck, seems simple enough.
alright cool thanks for the link
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #52
xjtroudt
1999 XJ Cherokee 

like how your jeep is coming along!!!! The led dash lights are sweet!!!! Do you think the ultraviolet ones work good?
xjtroudt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #53
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtroudt View Post
like how your jeep is coming along!!!! The led dash lights are sweet!!!! Do you think the ultraviolet ones work good?
Thank you for you compliment! ummm i dont know how the ultra violet ones will look being that ive never seen it , but if you do it make sure to post pix!!
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #54
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i like the led dome light... looks interesting everytime i add a mod..i miss it with just tires and everything else stock...haha
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #55
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVIIonster04 View Post
i like the led dome light... looks interesting everytime i add a mod..i miss it with just tires and everything else stock...haha
Lol. I'm sure ya don't miss it to much eh??
I really like mine and I'm happy with it. I'm doin small stuff first and then slowly will move on to big stuff.
I also have a lot to do before I lift and add lift and stuff.. My frame rails and tub need to be por15 this summer or I can forget about the jeep.. And then I need to repair my exhaust hanger since it broke and is now rubbing on my DS.... And a few other things.. Lol
Hey its a jeep I'm sure ya know how it is haha.
But yours is newer so I hope it doesn't look like mine.
Unread 04-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #56
MisterO

havent been here in a bit and decided to update..
havent done much but if you read here in this Thread you will see i got stuck and after all said and done my rear spider gears are now toast.. not sure how but its happend and now time to repair.
Hope to have it back on the road atleast by monday! i miss it already and its only one day..haha
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #57
MisterO

Well last week not only did i brake my rear axle spider gears, i also got my jeep so so muddy underneath was like mud cake and it didn't easily come off..
Being that today was gorgeous and my jeep couldn't be driven topless or driven at all for that matter.. i had some time to hang out outside and clean the jeep a bit.. now Ive never done this before that i had to clean out mud cake from everything underneath so i didn't know what i was in for. So i got a pressure washer and started blasting underneath trying to loosen what i can and remove as much as possible,, it took many hours but i got alot of it out and cleaned up and remove but not all i have no more patience.,...
Well while i was out there i decided to do a few more things, i removed the dry rotted spare (not to mention the tire never touched the pavement, Bummer..) and removed the stock carrier and brake light so that in a couple weeks when i fix the back of the tub and the rust, ill be able to pint it all. and i like the look too..
Then before i ended the day i pulled out the heat gun and heated up my flares to make them a little darker, it turned out pretty good!
Then while i had the heat gun out i took off the sport emblem for the helluvit...
thats all for now, pics below..

Notice all the mudd and rocks on the ground.. they were in the bottom of my jeep!

Flare half done..

Sport Gone..

Thats all for now, hopefully this week ill be getting my spider gears and ill pop em in and be back on the road (with no issues hopefully)
Unread 04-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #58
MisterO

Jeep is still sitting on stands and waiting patiently for new spiders...
in the mean time i tried to get a few things done since i cant drive it anyhow,,,

yesterday i pulled the rear seat, add-a-Trunk, and rear carpet.. i plan to herc it some time soon. The back looks great and the paint is perfect.. the problem is the front foot wells which i must address asap!!
Whats the best tool for the rust removal in the foot well???
then today i decided ill paint my headlight bezels black because i didn't like the chrome.. well pix below..
i really hate how the paint came out close up (i think because i don't know how to paint) but ill probably pull them off and sand them and repaint.. they look awful up close.. and from far you can barely tell their black, they look like body color i think in my pix.
Thats all ..

In this picture you can see my flares after they were blackened with a heat gun.. i really like how that came out..

Next is the mirror brackets, and interior herc..
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #59
MisterO

Well nobody really checkin my build thread but its okay because i do and it helps me keep track..
So this evening i received my new to me spider gears from a forum member (Durango-Bob) and they were way better then mine even with a little pitting in some of the teeth..
The second i saw them i got to work,, i put them in and refilled the diff with synthetic blend and took it for a spin. Yaaaay!!! it was awesome and its nice to have it back on the road..

Thats not all i accomplished today tho.. i also removed my mirrors this morning for a fresh coat of paint.. wire brushed the corrosion down and painted them black.. they look way better, ill get pix in the morning.

Last thing i did was tie up my exhaust so it doesnt scrape my DS, i guess ill havta see if that holds up. (temporary for now)

Thats all fellas..
heres my old gears,, as you can see the teeth all broke off and o nthe side i have two that stayed whole and the rest got ground up..

and heres the new ones installed!!!
Unread 04-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #60
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

what caused your spider gears to get that badly chewed up? mirrors will look good black i did mine not to long ago. where do you get a heat gun and hows did you use it i don't want to melt my flares. im going to claybar my jeep this weekend too.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.