»mY 97 bLuE tJ« - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > »mY 97 bLuE tJ«

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 03-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
MisterO

So yesterday I did my second oil change since i got this (first was before i drove it) and this morning i changed the trans fluid with Redline MT-90, i hope it shifts smoother now and allows me to go in to first after a long drive.. sometimes it kinda locks me out.. very annoying. oh and this stuff is not cheap at all plus i finally got one of those suction gun thingys which i would not have been able to do the job without!

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #32
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

looks good, you need to address that rear corner with some armor or something, another cheap mod is paint your headlight bezels blue or black and spray paint your mirrors up and she'll look good for about 10 bucks and 2 cans later. i did a lot of my trim on mine gunmetal in color, came out fairly well except my grill inserts need to be touched up this spring. im slowly still working on mine, i want to get some m/t bead locks and a jks body lift soon, everything is all about money sheeeze can never have enough. if your not gonna lift it some nice 31" bf km 2's would look sweet on her.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #33
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport44 View Post
looks good, you need to address that rear corner with some armor or something, another cheap mod is paint your headlight bezels blue or black and spray paint your mirrors up and she'll look good for about 10 bucks and 2 cans later. i did a lot of my trim on mine gunmetal in color, came out fairly well except my grill inserts need to be touched up this spring. im slowly still working on mine, i want to get some m/t bead locks and a jks body lift soon, everything is all about money sheeeze can never have enough. if your not gonna lift it some nice 31" bf km 2's would look sweet on her.
so first the rear corner.. I'm planing on doing that this summer, i just gotta figure out the best way to pull it out and enough that i can fit a steel corner over it. the plan is for romken corners.
Next is the headlight bezels and mirrors.. its getting warm out and its easier to paint while its warm so now I'm just debating if i should go black or blue, so i think I'm doin black to keep with the black and blue theme.. and the mirrors ill probably do satin black..
oh and i saw your gun metal painting streak, i like it very much. whatever you painted gun metal I'm planning on painting black . i don't know what to do about my handles on my doors tho because i cant sand inside and they are slightly rusted. maybe ill buy new ones unless you have an idea how i should paint them.
and about lifting and tires and what not.. so money is really tight now and i cant spend it all on the jeep and I'm getting married soon so i gotta save up a bit now. but slowly I'm climbing the modding ladder and its progressing. ummm but i found a guy selling 4cyl axles which hopefully ill be buying real soon then as money comes in i will get a 2.5" lift and 32's . but right now I'm fantasizing.. so I'm doin small stuff in the meantime lol
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #34
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

yea i was tired of everyone and the back bezel color. so i did something all together different. im slowly climbing the ladder to, takes a while that's why im not getting married anytime soon lol unless shes a jeep chick lol. i like your ideas tooo sounds good, on the door handle note i scrape mine with a putty knife and took light sand paper to em enough to scuff em up and then gave them three light coats of paint and they are holding up quite well. i taped off the door so i didn't get over spray. any ideas what you would do to mine, i need small ideas lol.

Unread 03-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #35
MisterO

Well you can become a member and possibly win something like a winch. That would be nice no?
And then also you'd get a JeepForum.com sticker...
Lol
Ummm actually I can't really follow your threads and buildup as far as your jeep to give you ideas since I'm on my blackberry and its kinda very annoying to jump around and wait for pages to load.. So my ideas are small but from what I remember your jeep is pretty built up already.
Oh but one thing you gotta do and everyone who does it loves it, that's the LED's in the gauge cluster! Its awesome and such a simple and cheap mod.
And another one I did was the dome light defeat switch which will come in handy as soon as it gets real nice.
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

looking good! I like it a lot...

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #37
MisterO

Much thanks to you for your compliments.

I really want to just jump ahead and lift and just build it up, I feel like taking all my money and dropping it into it now. Lol

Next up I'm hoping for some new wheels, tires and lift... I better start saving. (Oh and depending on if I get these 4Cyl axles I may go a drop bigger,otherwise its 31's).
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #38
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

whats that link for the led lights? for the dash cluster and thanks for the comments i love your jeep makes me want to get a hard top more and more
also seeking a soundbar and gps.
lilbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #39
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluetj View Post
whats that link for the led lights? for the dash cluster and thanks for the comments i love your jeep makes me want to get a hard top more and more
i actually don't see the exact ones i got on the site and these are a bit more expensive. But i want you to know that this site is amazing and they have an awesome customer service!!
i ordered 3 pairs, you need only 5 bulbs so i have one sitting aside as a spare. i will look for the others, but for now here is the brighter ones.
BLUE LED's

oh and i love the hard top its really nice, i have a soft top too that i just got, its not in the best condition but i got it for free, so it'll do for the summer months. and i have an electric hoist for the hard top so either way its not to hard to remove.

Edit; Found writeup. LED install/writeup

Last edited by MisterO; 03-31-2009 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: found writeup
Unread 04-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #40
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

dude just the pull the bottom fuse behind the glove box then you wont have to worry about the dome light always being on and draining your battery. i did it and saved a few bucks from those things you can buy. thanks for the idea i should buy a member ship for here and get the sticker. lol

Unread 04-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #41
MisterO

Personally I love having a switch because while working on the jeep or pulling the doors I can just flip the switch and otherwise it stays on. I happen to like the light when you open the door, and on top of that the mod only cost me as much money as a switch ($2.00) I had the wire already and it didn't take very long to do. Its great and gives you yet another option.
Unread 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #42
MisterO

Well i still haven't taken out my real camera to snap pix of the recent upgrades nor have i take any of the jeep with it being that the fiancé took ownership of my camera.. but anyway i have some picture of my Warn bumper and KC daylighters on. I finishes wiring them up and i like were i routes the wires as you can see in the picture it gives it a nice clean look.
Below are pictures and one is where i seafoamed the engine so i got a nice amount of smoke and the other is the bumper and KC's.. I still have not gotten the D-rings yet because they are very expensive (lol what isn't) but hopefully soon ill get them. without them my bumper is bare..
oh and ill put in a picture of a close up where the daylighter is blue over the lens.. sux!
thats about all, and the license plate i had nowhere to mount so temporarily i zip tied it to the center...

Thats all for now.. looks like tis gonna rain today but when it gets nice ill wash it up and take some pix with the real camera, and not the blackberry..
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #43
MisterO

I was home for a bit today and got somewhat bored and it was kinda raining too so had some free time on my hands...
I know its not my own idea and kinda cheesy but i took an 8 ball and drilled a hole in it and guess what... I made a shift knob!!!
lol its exciting for me because its a change and i love changing things up in the jeep!!
so bellow are pictures and also i included pictures of my daylighters switch (the butchered one) and my dome light defeat switch (rectangle blue one) thats about all.
tell me what you think.

Unread 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #44
MisterO

Well haven't really said much lately..
so about a week ago i took the hard top off (with my hoist a-top) so now its hanging securely under my deck behind my house.. i was originally planning on taking it off and putting it back on each time i wanted to go topless but i got a free soft top so i use that now.. it leaks a wee bit but better then no top and was freee. i actually really like it. But anyway I'm gonna post pictures of topless and also my soft top with no windows. Thats pretty much all Ive done its been really rainy...

Was gorgeous that day, Fiancé helped with the top and she loved it off!!

another.

Soft top with no windows..

and another..

and picture doesn't do justice, but i put in this little LED bulb in the dome light.. its a different light it gives off being that its LED but doesn't give me enough light up front, more or less better for the back but i like the color.
now i need to find something for the front so the fiancé will be able to see when she looks in the mirror lol
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #45
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

looking good! I like the warn bumper... I'm going to be back in Rockland most of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we should meet up and snap a few pics !!

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.