My 94 YJ.....Hemi...... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-12-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
chasmosis1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My 94 YJ.....Hemi......

My latest project/build. Started with my running/driving 1994 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 6-cylinder, manual 5-speed. 7 weeks later it now has a 2005 5.7 Hemi and 5-speed automatic (545RFE) and the stock 231J. I had previously installed a SYE, CV joint shaft, and Explorer 8.8. Though there are many Hemi Jeep kits there are no kits built or sold to install one into a YJ. I have only found 2 YJ's with hemis on the internet! I built my own custom motor mounts, transmission mount, air intake, exhaust, t-case shifter mounts, etc. etc. etc.... I was able to position the motor so that I could use an engine driven fan. I used a Lokar shifter and both shifters come up in the stock position and are actually covered by the factory boot. I even have all of the factory gauges working including the tachometer. Though it ran fine with the stock fuel pump it was bleeding back and I had to cycle the key 3 times before it would start. I installed a Walbro 255lph pump and now it fires immediately when you turn the key.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes.......I have a Jeep addiction.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Rookie17
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Man thats wreckless! So cool... I'd love to put a HEMI in but not my cup of tea... actually looking into the 350 ! Starting it this Spring very excited! Like the photos seeing those make me excited and look forward to the project of mine. I have a TJ 2001 putting a GM HO 350 small block in... Curious what tranny did you use? (prob automatic eh?) and what axles do you have (differentials).
post #3 of 6 Old 02-13-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
chasmosis1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie17 View Post
Man thats wreckless! So cool... I'd love to put a HEMI in but not my cup of tea... actually looking into the 350 ! Starting it this Spring very excited! Like the photos seeing those make me excited and look forward to the project of mine. I have a TJ 2001 putting a GM HO 350 small block in... Curious what tranny did you use? (prob automatic eh?) and what axles do you have (differentials).
I had an AX-15 all set up behind it and decided to take the advice of practically everybody that it wouldn't stand up. I ended up using a 545RFE automatic. the transfer case bolted right up to it as well. I had previously installed an Explorer 8.8 with 4.10's and posi. The front axle is still the Dana 30 (4.10) at this point. I originally had a Chevrolet 5.3 & AX-15 setup to go into it but I decided I wanted more of a challenge so I sold it to a friend and went with the Hemi instead. If you're not dead set on the 350 I would highly suggest you research using an LS series (4.8, 5.3, or 6.0) instead. You will have a much better setup......
post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2016, 02:48 AM
Rookie17
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I already have the engine GM HO 350 sb mint condition basically a steal out of a car in Toronto guy was giving up his show days.... got it cheap. I still wondering what to use for an axle.. for the rear. I was told DANA 44 or F8.8 ... and I can keep my front axle (stock) I'm running the manual tranny nv4500. Will see how it goes but thanks for the response I greatly appreciate it!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 PM
AZdEvilYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow nice work!

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2016, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
chasmosis1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Wow nice work!
Thank you!

Yes.......I have a Jeep addiction.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.