My 94 yj build. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 94 yj build.

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My 94 yj build.

I did some intense looking around and found a mint condition 94 yj with 99k on a bone stock 2.5.

I had to call in a few favors to seal the deal. Its hard to look at vehicles from Afghanistan. Ended up having my step father and uncle go do the final inspection before the sale. My mother was wonderful at letting me store it there until i returned home. Parked next to her TJ my little YJ looked tiny.

I've been home two months and have done quite a bit off maintenance to it.

From front to back.

Radiator
31" Cooper discover mtt
Shocks
New fluids front to rear
Rough country 1.25 body lift
Rough country 1.25 heavy duty shackles
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Plugs
New idler pulleys
Charged a.c.
Herculiner the interior tub
New exhaust from manifold back
Out put shaft seal
New radio
Removed some wires the PO left.
New rampage Soft top

Pictures to come. To large to post from my phone.

Fjbesaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are a few shots of my YJ. Its looking better. Next big step is a regear. If anyone has any suggestions on gear ratio with a 2.5 and 31" tires, with the hopes of going 35's with a 3 inch suspension lift I would greatly appreciate it. I have been putting off the suspension lift due to the lack of umph with stock gears. My step father has a TJ with the same 2.5, however he has had his regeared. I like the way it drives, esp sitting on 35's haha.
jeep-photo-2.jpg

jeep-photo.jpg

Unread 03-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
DpDave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, first off, welcome home, and thanks for being there.
Nextly, looks like a nice YJ you found. I didn't have much luck, or love, with the 2.5 that was in mine when I bought it, but I don't recommend the drastic steps I've gone to. I would suggest having a good look at the tons of build threads on this forum. With the 31's, if the stock 4.11's aren't spunky enough for you, swapping to 4.88's will perk things up.

That being said, if you plan to go to 35's, you won't want to drop that cash in the stock axles. They just won't survive even moderate wheeling with that big a tire. I have met that Louisiana gumbo mud, and it won. Before you bolt a set of 35's up, you really need to find a set of Dana 44 axles, or the equivalent to hold the extra torque and wieght involved with them. Good luck, and feel free to PM if you have any questions.

My Build Thread:
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/third-monkey-yj-overbuild-1521567/#post15416939"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/third-monkey-yj-overbuild-1521567/#post15416939[/URL]
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice. I don't do much hard mudding. I just want to regear for highway and an axle swap might be out of my plan. I'd hate to go through that much effort and never flex it to it's extent. I'd consider a swap if in the area was versed in the swap.
Unread 04-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

*Update*

It's been a while since I have updated JF on my YJ build. So here goes. Since the last update I've done a few minor maintenance things like Exhaust/Intake gasket, Idler pullys, new sun visors and door handles. More of a tinkering here and there. The little 2.5 in it runs like a dream with the new additions and the upgraded throttle body I found from a u-pull-it for 30 bucks. Next big move my Rough Country Suspension lift is on its way. Only a small 2.5 inch lift. Projects will slow down a bit while I locate a shop to have it regeared this summer.
Unread 04-30-2014, 06:16 AM   #6
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A few shots of getting it dirty.
mudding2.jpg

mudding.jpg

Unread 04-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
Danaallen777
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good
Danaallen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I washed it and waxed it last weekend. Got it all clean amd shiny. The wife came home and said she liked it better muddy. Of course I had to keep the wife happy.
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
jeepaulson

Nice yj
jeepaulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #10
lbrunk12

Any updates? Figure out what you want to do gearing wise?
lbrunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not really. I need to find a shop locally first. Any suggestions would be nice.
Unread 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
Fjbesaw1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I spent some money on her these past few weeks. I did the Ford 19# injectors. Just finished the Electric fan upgrade. Went really well. Biggest move was the Rough Country suspension lift. Took it out and flexed a tad. Need some disco's and a couple of brake line extensions for real flex. Here's a peak.
jeeplift.jpg

jeeplift2.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.