Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My 93 2.5 low output build

315K views 2K replies 116 participants last post by  zte87 
#1 ·
So I got My 93 2.5 yj a couple month ago and want to try to start a build thread on it so here it goes!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

When I first got my yj it came to me with a busted up 4 inch rc lift (Wich had broken springs in it) a 2 inch bl (that was missing a couple pucks) and lots of gay chrome (grill and tube bumper) the first thing I did when I got it home was take the top off and removed the chrome kill cover!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Car

Next I took the rear chrome bumper and the little spare 31 off!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Next I took the unglued front bumper of in favor of a Tj stock bumper and painted the headlight bezels!

sorry the pics are out of order I am doing this on my phone

Sent from my iPhone because I can!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So when I bought it the po said it had 4.10 gear and what he thought was a lock right in the rear 35 scary I know. So I took the cover off to find I had 4.88 and a superior super 35 kit in the rear! I guess the po was wrong! Also when I got it it had a really nasty exhaust manifold leak (in fact it was missing to studs and it was cracked) So I fixed that and since the exhaust was banged to hell the held up with baling wire I decide it was time for a manifold back exhaust! I had a new high flow cat and a fm super 40 installed with all new 2.25 pipe (old exhaust was catless and a cheap turbo muffler dump and was all hanging by baling wire)

Attachments

#3 ·
So I decide I want to mount my high lift to my hood and this is how it turned out I like it! about the same time I threw a set of black steal wheels on it and painted my door hinges black to help contrast all the red! then I hurculined my tub!

Attachments

#4 ·
my first time wheeling it and with no doors at that!

Attachments

#5 ·
So I decided it was time to replace the worn out sagging broken rc spring So I picked up some 3.5 fabtech springs it was nice not sagging in the rr any more! (also dumped the front and rear track bars) I then had vacj5 on here make me a mount for my cb attena it turned out asome oh yeah I also replace that 2 inch bl with a rc 1.25!

Attachments

#6 ·
So then I paint the grill black I really like the look and also got some roll bar padding! I was really digging the new springs but with them be military wrapped and time I hit a bump or tried to flex the leaf would kit the frame......... So I have vacj5 make me some 5/8 boom shackles to fix that problem solved!

Attachments

#7 ·
well with my new found flex I was rubbing pretty bad in the rear so guess what time for rear tj flares this made a huge difference in room and now more rubbing!

Attachments

#8 ·
bought and installed mce 3.5 flat fenders these things are great! the only down side and now my 33s look really small. I will be stepping up to 35s next year!

Attachments

#9 ·
So I went wheeling up at walker valley orv he in WA had a great time hear are a couple pics! I know I missed alot in this thread but it is kinda hard making one on my phone but if you have any question about anything I have done shoot for it!

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks you guys! So this last week I ordered a new driver side mirror to replace the broken one that's on there now and also threw my jf.com sticker on my gas tank skid! I know it nothing cool but just wanted to keep my thread up to date! Oh yah I forgot I should be buying my buddy's bumper/tire carrier soon for 300 here's a couple pics

Attachments

#17 ·
well next up is going to be little stuff like rear bumper, tow hooks, hand throttle. This spring (when I get my work bonus) I am going to be stepping up to 35's, converting to power steering, locking the front axle along with posi lock, I will be also getting a winch and either rebuilding my tranny or look into doing the ax15 swap, and doing a sye at least thats my plan! I also plan on begging my wife for a soft top when we get I tax money! :2thumbsup:

#21 ·
Just a quick update I took my dad out wheeling for the first time ever and made him a little nervous by getting it tipsy, sorry I did't have any pics of me acting wheeling but all I had was my iphone for pic, Oh yeah I also replaced the burnt out dash bulbs so I can see my gauges at night now! And thanks for the compliments.

Attachments

#24 ·
Hghgrad said:
Did your fabtech springs come with bushings or did you have to order them separately? I just got my rears but need to figure out some bushings now.
I ordered the bushing kit from fabtech when I first bought my rear springs the kit has enough bushings for the fronts and rears!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.