My 93 2.5 low output build - Page 56 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #826 of 2401 Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post

Well sorrrrrrrrry! I don't live on this site!
Lol I work third shift with amazing wifi and I'm at school during the day with good wifi, nothing better to do lol



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ashland82391 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #827 of 2401 Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
Have you ordered your Metalcloak **** yet??
I sure did cant wait for the armor to show up!

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #828 of 2401 Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
I got my new beefier/longer/serviceable woody shaft and installed it! That is all!
Attached Thumbnails
image-2094299965.jpg   image-2745992555.jpg   image-833002535.jpg   image-1188456138.jpg  

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #829 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
I got the Yukon ultimate 8.8 kit installed to day and I must say I am digging the new rear track width I gained from it! . On a side note I decided to check the ring gear bolts and every one of them was hand tight I got them all torqued down to spec along with the bearing caps glad I caught that now before I toasted toasted a r&p. can't complane tho since I didn't pay my buddy that set them up! On a side note I bought to new unit bearing to go with the new front shaft that way my trail spares have there on set of bearings on them which will make changing them a piece of cake on the trail! I plan on ordering axle tube seals for up front tonight!
Attached Thumbnails
image-1524070766.jpg   image-4204371718.jpg   image-4039890362.jpg   image-824884927.jpg   image-1620749681.jpg  

image-2089565133.jpg  

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #830 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
I think you should leave the Jeep the way it sits. Just go wheel the crap out of it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #831 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
I think you should leave the Jeep the way it sits. Just go wheel the crap out of it.
No thanks lol Ii would to at least have my 35s back on before I hit the dirt lol! Does 3.5 lift and 35s count as a lcog build?

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #832 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87
I got the Yukon ultimate 8.8 kit installed to day and I must say I am digging the new rear track width I gained from it! . On a side note I decided to check the ring gear bolts and every one of them was hand tight I got them all torqued down to spec along with the bearing caps glad I caught that now before I toasted toasted a r&p. can't complane tho since I didn't pay my buddy that set them up! On a side note I bought to new unit bearing to go with the new front shaft that way my trail spares have there on set of bearings on them which will make changing them a piece of cake on the trail! I plan on ordering axle tube seals for up front tonight!
Looks good! How did you gain track width? Are those shafts longer?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #833 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

Looks good! How did you gain track width? Are those shafts longer?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
The c-clip eliminators add 1 inch per side according to there web site! It a pretty noticeable difference none the less!

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #834 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
No thanks lol Ii would to at least have my 35s back on before I hit the dirt lol! Does 3.5 lift and 35s count as a lcog build?
I'll accept it


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #835 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

No thanks lol Ii would to at least have my 35s back on before I hit the dirt lol! Does 3.5 lift and 35s count as a lcog build?
LCG is a dumb term. It's better to go off the hight of the top windshield frame rather then lift hight. I you can have the lowest overall hight measured from the highest point of the jeep (aka top of the windshield frame) on the biggest tire possible you should have a good CG.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #836 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

LCG is a dumb term. It's better to go off the hight of the top windshield frame rather then lift hight. I you can have the lowest overall hight measured from the highest point of the jeep (aka top of the windshield frame) on the biggest tire possible you should have a good CG.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
So confused......I thought the whole lcog was about stuffing the largest tire possible with the lowest amount of lift possible?

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
post #837 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
So confused......I thought the whole lcog was about stuffing the largest tire possible with the lowest amount of lift possible?
Technically....yes. You are keeping the Jeep closer to the ground. That means keeping the weight down there as well. Most true LCG run full width axles so they can run bigger tires while keeping the weight closer to the ground.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #838 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
I could go into the physics and math of everything, but thats too much to worry about with a couple beers in my system. Full widths give you a wider stance, reducing the risk of tipping.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #839 of 2401 Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

So confused......I thought the whole lcog was about stuffing the largest tire possible with the lowest amount of lift possible?
I was just saying you don't have to limit yourself to the common 3" of lift to have a good stable LCG rig. If you have a decent track width, wheelbase and good weight down low you should have a very stable rig.

Anyway, your rig should be very stable with 3.5" of lift and the track width you have now. I just wouldn't worry to much about the term LCG...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #840 of 2401 Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 6,020
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

I was just saying you don't have to limit yourself to the common 3" of lift to have a good stable LCG rig. If you have a decent track width, wheelbase and good weight down low you should have a very stable rig.

Anyway, your rig should be very stable with 3.5" of lift and the track width you have now. I just wouldn't worry to much about the term LCG...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I am thinking side hilling should be a lot easier now any ways! So I sold my old 35s today so I order my front seats/and rear seat cover a long with some 303 aerospace spray (uv protector) ! I also have alloy USA axle tubes seals on the way now for the front! On a side note my revolvers should be here tomorrow!

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome