My 93 2.5 low output build - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 93 2.5 low output build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #631
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Didn't you just get those 35's not too long ago? Haha.
Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Stop it! Of course he did, but if we live vicariously through him we will not have to purchase another set ourselves. Besides, Pitbulls and Iroks were made by Chuck Norris to be extremely badass

Unread 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #632
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

I see you got your TeraFlex shock bar installed, I just got mine installed to. From what people told me a out putting the shocks on an angle it seems the jeep should ride better due to less valving in my stiff white shocks, my jeep actually seems to ride a bit firmer. Did you notice any ride quality difference with the shock bar installed and your shocks on a angle?

:EDIT: Oh, what shocks are you running?
Yeah I have only had the 35s for maybe a month and a half lol I sell tires for a living so its hard to say no when you only pay 10% over store cost! And with my shock setup out back my ride is actually a bit softer (which was welcome) and not only that I gain a good amount of droop for the shock bar. What Setting do you have yours set at? I have my on the middle hole!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #633
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivergreenCJ7

Stop it! Of course he did, but if we live vicariously through him we will not have to purchase another set ourselves. Besides, Pitbulls and Iroks were made by Chuck Norris to be extremely badass

Unread 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #634
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
So toady I had a a tail pipe installed I didt run it all the way out the back since I almost always smash my tail pipe when I am out wheeling it is now up and out if the way and it sounds great yet again IMO! One more small update I got be cage all primed up, now It's ready to burn in.
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my trail pipe, my shackles always hit it when I flex out enough.

Hey compared to when you didn't have lockers how much better is your Jeep when offroading? I'm asking because this past weekend I was wheeling with some guys, one guy in a cherokee had a rear locker and another was fully locked YJ with 35s. I have no lockers and I was considerably more capable then the cherokee and I did everything the the fully locked YJ could do, rocks, mud, and sands climbs. I'm thinking now that a locker really isn't worth the money to me. Thanks for any input man!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #635
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my trail pipe, my shackles always hit it when I flex out enough.

Hey compared to when you didn't have lockers how much better is your Jeep when offroading? I'm asking because this past weekend I was wheeling with some guys, one guy in a cherokee had a rear locker and another was fully locked YJ with 35s. I have no lockers and I was considerably more capable then the cherokee and I did everything the the fully locked YJ could do, rocks, mud, and sands climbs. I'm thinking now that a locker really isn't worth the money to me. Thanks for any input man!
It all comes down to where you wheel really, I would't trade my locker for anything! Sure you where going the same place the locked Yj was going but I am guessing you had to have a lot more wheel speed and momentum the bye did? Out here in the PNW you constantly have a tire in the air which is where it is really nice to have lockers! Plus they allow you to do stuff like this!
image-3637746687.jpg   image-327361939.jpg  

Unread 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #636
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

Yeah I have only had the 35s for maybe a month and a half lol I sell tires for a living so its hard to say no when you only pay 10% over store cost! And with my shock setup out back my ride is actually a bit softer (which was welcome) and not only that I gain a good amount of droop for the shock bar. What Setting do you have yours set at? I have my on the middle hole!
Haha I hear ya on the tires! I have it on the third hole, (all the way to the middle) maybe I should move them in to the second hole???

Unread 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #637
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I wheel the same terrain you do, (we both live in Michigan) and I have a CJ that is fully locked on 35's and my Yj that is open/open on 33's, I'll tell ya, lockers are worth the money! My Cj will go places my YJ won't even think about going. I plan on front/rear lockers for my YJ here soon!

Unread 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #638
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It all comes down to where you wheel really, I would't trade my locker for anything! Sure you where going the same place the locked Yj was going but I am guessing you had to have a lot more wheel speed and momentum the bye did? Out here in the PNW you constantly have a tire in the air which is where it is really nice to have lockers! Plus they allow you to do stuff like this!
Haha you've got me there. Climbing up a vertical pole like that would really show my uncle. He thinks his pretty 2012 f250 is better then my Jeep.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #639
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

Haha I hear ya on the tires! I have it on the third hole, (all the way to the middle) maybe I should move them in to the second hole???

That's what they are there for lol fine tuning the shock setup! I have't tried any other setting on the bar because I was so happy with the out come!

Unread 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #640
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Haha you've got me there. Climbing up a vertical pole like that would really show my uncle. He thinks his pretty 2012 f250 is better then my Jeep.
Like I said I would't trade my lockers for anything! The only thing that truck might good for is towing the Yj long distances to new orv parks

Unread 12-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #641
91BoD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure you where going the same place the locked Yj was going but I am guessing you had to have a lot more wheel speed and momentum then he did?

Out here in the PNW you constantly have a tire in the air which is where it is really nice to have lockers!
Hell that's half the fun! Look at Jake: he has more fun then the both of us put together haha! Another bonus is not having a locker makes you think more and pick better lines.

Lol what? Since when? Last time I checked most of the pnw trails are a cakewalk because orv management is ghey...

Tires are to Zte87 what cake or beer is to Zte87 ;P haha

Quote:

I see you got your TeraFlex shock bar installed, I just got mine installed to. From what people told me a out putting the shocks on an angle it seems the jeep should ride better due to less valving in my stiff white shocks, my jeep actually seems to ride a bit firmer. Did you notice any ride quality difference with the shock bar installed and your shocks on a angle?

:EDIT: Oh, what shocks are you running?
Yeah putting the shocks at an angle makes them less effective and softer. Also hotter if you are into going fast.
The only reason I can think that your shocks got stiffer is you have some binding. Are your mounts 90 out? Did you move the mounts further out on the axle?
Is it stiff only over items like speed bumps and soft on potholes?
91BoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #642
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BoD

Hell that's half the fun! Look at Jake: he has more fun then the both of us put together haha! Another bonus is not having a locker makes you think more and pick better lines.

Lol what? Since when? Last time I checked most of the pnw trails are a cakewalk because orv management is ghey...

Tires are to Zte87 what cake or beer is to Zte87
Everything is cake to use because we have ran the trail so many times that we know exactly what line to take and what line not to take, we just need to bit up some new orv parks haha!

I forgot you have been wheeling the tj lately which would explain why you don't remember what it's like have air under you tires but I will give you the tire comment hahaha I am not out alot of money when I buy new tire tho after selling my 33 inch toyo's I acutely had left of money after buying the 35's

Unread 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #643
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BoD
Yeah putting the shocks at an angle makes them less effective and softer. Also hotter if you are into going fast.
The only reason I can think that your shocks got stiffer is you have some binding. Are your mounts 90 out? Did you move the mounts further out on the axle?
Is it stiff only over items like speed bumps and soft on potholes?
Yes I did turn my shocks 90*, but I did not move them from the axle much and yes it is rough over speed bumps. I'll have to play with it more.

Unread 12-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #644
91BoD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Everything is cake to use because we have ran the trail so many times that we know exactly what line to take and what line not to take, we just need to hit up some new orv parks haha! This is true and we sure as hell do! I'm sick of walker

I forgot you have been wheeling the tj lately which would explain why you don't remember what it's like have air under you tires Not even, TJ flexes only a little better then my YJ and for awhile it felt like riding on slinkys.. scary but I will give you the tire comment hahaha Lol I am not out alot of money when I buy new tire tho after selling my 33 inch toyo's I acutely had left of money after buying the 35's Nice! can't argue with that logic then!
Quote:
Yes I did turn my shocks 90*, but I did not move them from the axle much and yes it is rough over speed bumps. I'll have to play with it more.

Yeah try going all the way to the first hole.
Some reading if you want to find out more about setting up shocks: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...lovers/Part_1/
91BoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #645
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing to cool but a small update none the less, I installed a early Christmas present! Hood blackout decal and grab handles!
image-999289023.jpg   image-1439882223.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.