Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My 93 2.5 low output build

315K views 2K replies 116 participants last post by  zte87 
#1 ·
So I got My 93 2.5 yj a couple month ago and want to try to start a build thread on it so here it goes!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

When I first got my yj it came to me with a busted up 4 inch rc lift (Wich had broken springs in it) a 2 inch bl (that was missing a couple pucks) and lots of gay chrome (grill and tube bumper) the first thing I did when I got it home was take the top off and removed the chrome kill cover!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Car

Next I took the rear chrome bumper and the little spare 31 off!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Next I took the unglued front bumper of in favor of a Tj stock bumper and painted the headlight bezels!

sorry the pics are out of order I am doing this on my phone

Sent from my iPhone because I can!

Attachments

See less See more
#1,666 ·
jschulz1720 said:
Why are you going to the 5" springs? What issues were you having with the set up you have now. Kinda thinking of doing the same set up, that's why I'm asking.
I have broken two fabtech springs and bent one other so it's just time for new springs, I am going with bds for the no fine print warranty! To answer the why 5 inch question I am thinking a head about a v8 swap and such I figure once it's all said and done it won't sit any where near 5 inches of lift! If I hate it I can always French the springs!

#1,668 ·
So on lunch I cut my cage down and clean the welds off the windshield plates and should have the windshield pulled back the half inch I need to seal my doors

.........and looked what showed up today......

#1,672 ·
Much better on the alignment!

Why didn't you do another frameless top? I've been debating going that route vs. replacing my super top. My super top is well over 10yrs old and is just now starting to leak at the bow seams. So the quality is hard to beat, but the frameless tops looks so cool!

#1,674 ·
AZdEvilYJ said:
Much better on the alignment!

Why didn't you do another frameless top? I've been debating going that route vs. replacing my super top. My super top is well over 10yrs old and is just now starting to leak at the bow seams. So the quality is hard to beat, but the frameless tops looks so cool!
I plan on adding to the rear of my cage so the frameless top won't work for me, since it needs the stock cage to support it!

#1,681 ·
OlivergreenCJ7 said:
I see no difference :) maybe it would be more noticeable with a different BL and new tires?...lol

When's your next wheeling trip?
Soon I hope.....I am moving to mt Vernon next week so I will be busy with that. Let me know when you want to go to walker Sundays works best for me.

I almost forgot what size bl/ tire combo would you recommend? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.