My 92 YJ Build - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #601 of 618 Old 05-31-2017, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Side shot of rear axles. Welded in some 2" bump stop cans with some aluminum bump cans from synergy. I'll have to measure after flexing it out for the bump pads on the axle side. Also got the shocks and driveshaft mounted up. I was able to do away with the shock relocation brackets from MORE off-road due to the rear being stretched. I also used an 1310/1350 u-joint to mate my DS to the 60 yoke. Eventually I'm sure I'll have my DS's rebuilt with all 1350's, probably when I do my teralow conversion on the tcase

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 618 Old 05-31-2017, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Started on the front 44. Mocked everything up and tacked on the perches. Removed it and welded up the perches and shock mounts. I ended up re using the cutoff driver sway bar mount and welding it on. I used the existing track bar mount and drilled a hole for the passenger side away bar mount. I left the sway bar mount for a spot to mount the ram assist. Got her painted and ready for install.
Attached Images

post #603 of 618 Old 06-01-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the front bolted up with new ball joints and Reid racing knuckles. Glad I went with these as the stock JK knuckles would have had the tie rod going though the springs.
Attached Images

post #604 of 618 Old 06-01-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a shot with the lockout hubs, shafts, and breaks installed. I used the old driver sway bar mount, ground it down and welded it up to match the location of the passenger sway bar mounting to the track bar bracket. I won't be using a track bar obviously, but the mount will be perfect for mounting the fixed end of the ram. Modified the drag link with a synergy JK adjustable end, better pics to come. Also ordered a new hose kit for then new ram assist as my hoses were not long enough.
Attached Images

post #605 of 618 Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Back on four wheels temporarily again. Just a few items to cover. While I was waiting on the new ram assist hose kit, I mocked and welded up the fixed end side to the track bar bracket. I had to grind down the Reid racing knuckle stops as with them stock the steering throw was 6". A stock JK has 6.75" lock to lock, as was the new ram assist, so I ground them down to where I had 3.5" either direction so 7" lock to lock. PSC says that the ram assist should be the limiting factor and not the stops, or it could damage the axle and then possibly rip off the outer knuckles.
Attached Images

post #606 of 618 Old 06-01-2017, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here is my to-do list. I've broken into days hoping it may encourage me to work some in the evenings after work. Not working so well with the wife and kid though.

Day 5
- setup ram assist
- tighten and grease steering
- paint drag link
Day 6
- replace front DS U Joint
- replace rear wheel studs
Day 7
- hook up brakes
- fill front pumpkin
- check rear pumpkin
- install new axle vent tubes
Day 8
- trim out rear wheel wells
Day 9
- run air lines to axles
Test Drive
- grease everything
- retighten u bolts
- measure for bump stop pads
Day 10
- fab up bump pads
post #607 of 618 Old 06-19-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got a few things done this Father's Day weekend. The night plan hasn't worked out so well. Got the front end all done minus the DS and hooking up the brakes. Also got the rear wheel studs replaced. Keeping my updated to do list here.

YJ To Do List
Day 6
- remove engine skid plate
- replace front DS U Joint
Day 7
- hook up brakes
- check rear pumpkin
Day 8
- trim out rear wheel wells
- trim rear spring perches and retighten u bolts
Day 9
- run air lines to axles
Test Drive
- retighten u bolts
- measure for bump stop pads
Day 10
- fab up bump pads
Day 11
- install teralow kit
post #608 of 618 Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 AM
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Is this the Tera Low kit you've had forever?

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #609 of 618 Old 06-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Toyojay
1979 CJ5 

Garage
VERY nice!! Have read thru all of it! You pulled the factory axles from the JK to build them?

What's going in the JK?

1979 Jeep CJ5
Being un****ed by PO!
4.2 3SPD
post #610 of 618 Old 06-19-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Is this the Tera Low kit you've had forever?
Unfortunately yes...just no time, and never got around to it. Just need to pull the dang trigger and do it. It will probably sit on the list for longer cause I'm going to want to drive it soon once I get the other stuff in order. Plus I want to see what the 4.88's will be like before the change to a 4-1 TC.
post #611 of 618 Old 07-10-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, steering is buttoned up. Rear brake lines are run, air lines, locker solenoids and buttons are all done. I hooked up the front brake lines but they are going to be short and need a 90 on the caliper end, so will have to order those today. Then bleed the brakes and it should be drivable. Then shakedown run, measure for bump stop pads, fab up bump stop pads and retighten everything down. Decided I'm going to look for a spare t case and rebuild entire thing for teralow including 1350 yokes. That way I can drive her a little while but still be working on the t case.
Attached Images

post #612 of 618 Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyojay
VERY nice!! Have read thru all of it! You pulled the factory axles from the JK to build them? What's going in the JK?
I had a proRock 44 and proRock XD60 that was in the JK. I pulled those axles to put under the YJ. I went with a set of full width ProRock 60's for the JK. I plan on loading it down with gear and maybe a camping trailer one day when the son gets older.
post #613 of 618 Old 07-10-2017, 06:32 AM
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice. I'm still looking for a D44. May go with a LP but my driveshaft will most likely hit my skid. Is the JK done?

Did you fill up tires with that small ARB pump you gave me or just run lockers?

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #614 of 618 Old 07-10-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Nice. I'm still looking for a D44. May go with a LP but my driveshaft will most likely hit my skid. Is the JK done? Did you fill up tires with that small ARB pump you gave me or just run lockers?
Just got my steering kit in for the JK. One to two days and it will be done. ARB doesn't say you can't but maybe worth a call to find out. Might be able to run an air tank with that pump to help with tires.
post #615 of 618 Old 07-21-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

New front brake lines are in. Just need to swap them out and bleed the brakes and I should be good to get it out and drive. I will need to do a shakedown run and re tighten all the suspension. The last items will be measuring and fabbing up some bump stop pads and trimming out more of the rear fender wells since the axle moved back an additional 2".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.