My 92 YJ Build - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 92 YJ Build

Halloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #376
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrolinguist
It looks awesome. You have done a great job. I wish I had a welder here so I could fab my own stuff. Buying crap is so freaking expensive. BTW where did you get the fluid holders?
Thanks! I actually hijacked my dads welder up until a few months ago. It is definitely worth saving up for. Fluid holders were from TG (Trail Gear) they were a worthy investment as I was originally carrying extra fluid in a plastic crate before those which bounced around a lot. The TG ones can be bolted down. I bought in a set but you can buy them individually as well.

trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #377
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got any free weekends between now and September? I may come down while Sylvia studies. She is pretty hardcore right now so I can only imagine how it will be when test time comes. Let me know.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #378
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Got any free weekends between now and September? I may come down while Sylvia studies. She is pretty hardcore right now so I can only imagine how it will be when test time comes. Let me know.
Sweet! No plans on the weekends of August 9th, 16th, and 23rd. We have a room for ya.
Unread 07-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #379
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787
Sweet! No plans on the weekends of August 9th, 16th, and 23rd. We have a room for ya.
We'll discuss the details.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #380
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
I'm planning to be there the weekend of the 16th, so maybe we can get a proper party going!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #381
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave
I'm planning to be there the weekend of the 16th, so maybe we can get a proper party going!
Sounds good to me. Fenders are ready for pick up.
Unread 08-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #382
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Finally ordered my new driveshaft from Tom woods. They talked me out of the output style disk parking break. So now I have to figure that out.

Goals for this weekend is to get rocker guards mounted, front fenders painted and mounted. If I'm really good I'll get the rear bump stops welded in.
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #383
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like fun... I have a new set of 35 KM2's planned for the daily driver, as well as swapping the family bar out for a sport bar. That's presuming the thing survives the 2 hour drive down to Tampa...

My Build Thread:
Unread 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #384
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Finally ordered my new driveshaft from Tom woods. They talked me out of the output style disk parking break. So now I have to figure that out. Goals for this weekend is to get rocker guards mounted, front fenders painted and mounted. If I'm really good I'll get the rear bump stops welded in.
Why did they change your mind on the disc parking brake?

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #385
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave
Sounds like fun... I have a new set of 35 KM2's planned for the daily driver, as well as swapping the family bar out for a sport bar. That's presuming the thing survives the 2 hour drive down to Tampa...
Sweet can't wait to see pics of those KM2's. Had a friend with some and they were sick. I'm actually a fan of a hybrid roll cage, something between the sports bar and the family bar, like a rollback. Saw one in Crawl mag on a TJ that it would love to build.
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #386
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Why did they change your mind on the disc parking brake?
They guy I spoke with said they stopped carrying as many of them as they were not selling. He said that he saw a fair amount of returns on them and that he just wasn't convinced. He did tell me he was not one way or the other, but I could tell he didn't really feel they worked for most folks. I'll continue to do more research before I make that call.

I'm not one of those that believes everything I hear, but I would like to do some more research and to be honest I had made that call prematurely without any research cause I hate the parking brake setup on the 8.8.
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #387
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
Sweet can't wait to see pics of those KM2's. Had a friend with some and they were sick. I'm actually a fan of a hybrid roll cage, something between the sports bar and the family bar, like a rollback. Saw one in Crawl mag on a TJ that it would love to build.
I'm looking forward to getting them on as well. They were backordered for months, so I was a bit surprised when they said they had a set in stock.

I wanted to swap the bars out because I'm just not a fan of the family bar... never have been. I don't run a back seat, so really just don't need/want the bulk back there. The hotrod, of course, has a very serious roll cage, that is actually functional.

My Build Thread:
Unread 08-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #388
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They guy I spoke with said they stopped carrying as many of them as they were not selling. He said that he saw a fair amount of returns on them and that he just wasn't convinced. He did tell me he was not one way or the other, but I could tell he didn't really feel they worked for most folks. I'll continue to do more research before I make that call. I'm not one of those that believes everything I hear, but I would like to do some more research and to be honest I had made that call prematurely without any research cause I hate the parking brake setup on the 8.8.
I am in agreement. I'm actually thinking about putting drum brakes on my 8.8 just for the parking brake. I never had a problem with drums and compared to the D35 (in size) they will be a big improvement.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #389
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well house work got in the way of working on the jeep. I did however get the rockers mounted 95%. I still need to tie the rear corner guards, rockers, and fender flares with the supplied hardware.

Started fitting the front fenders. I'm going to have to modify the front part of the rocker to compensate for the flair on the front fender. Shouldn't be to hard, just a little bit of 4 1/2" angle grinder work to do.

Driveshaft comes this week on Thursday. If I can get front fenders complete before weekend it will be drivable.
Unread 08-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #390
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

It better be driveable when I get there.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.