My 92 YJ Build - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 92 YJ Build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #211
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Subscribed looking good!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #212
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Silently following this thread! Looking good!
responder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #213
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoveguy01
cant tell from the pics but please tell me those bungs have a section that inserts into the tube? And not just a nut welded to the ends?
Yeah they have an insert section. I'll try and get a better picture. It would be scary if it was just a nut.
trailrider787 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #214
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks to everyone who subscribed or follows. I don't ever know if many read my build thread. Thanks for all the posts.

I'm taking off Monday and will try and get the steering finished up. I've been in Alabama working all last week and didn't have any time to work on the jeep. I did make some extra cash so I may buy something, don't know what yet. My wife is ready to go for a ride in it so I need to get it back on the road.

Any recommendation on how to break in a set of gears on the front? I know how to beak in a set for the rear, but they have power supplied 100% of the time.
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #215
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
Thanks to everyone who subscribed or follows. I don't ever know if many read my build thread. Thanks for all the posts.

I'm taking off Monday and will try and get the steering finished up. I've been in Alabama working all last week and didn't have any time to work on the jeep. I did make some extra cash so I may buy something, don't know what yet. My wife is ready to go for a ride in it so I need to get it back on the road.

Any recommendation on how to break in a set of gears on the front? I know how to beak in a set for the rear, but they have power supplied 100% of the time.
I was wondering why you haven't quite finished that steering yet.

As far as the gears go, I just drove mine around on short (30 min) trips. My driveshaft was spinning due to the locker all the time so the gears were moving but no load. I occasionally put it in 4wd to put some load on it. I recommend just driving it around in 4wd a little (maybe in Royston) then wheeling it and changing the fluid after the first wheeling trip with the new gears.

I should have my body mounts fixed by next weekend. Did I tell you I have dialed the welder in?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #216
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4

I was wondering why you haven't quite finished that steering yet.

As far as the gears go, I just drove mine around on short (30 min) trips. My driveshaft was spinning due to the locker all the time so the gears were moving but no load. I occasionally put it in 4wd to put some load on it. I recommend just driving it around in 4wd a little (maybe in Royston) then wheeling it and changing the fluid after the first wheeling trip with the new gears.

I should have my body mounts fixed by next weekend. Did I tell you I have dialed the welder in?
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

I saw in your thread where you said you changed the speed and it started to lay down some better welds. I'm still dialing in mine, depends on what your welding, but every time I do something different, I change the setting.
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #217
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post

I saw in your thread where you said you changed the speed and it started to lay down some better welds. I'm still dialing in mine, depends on what your welding, but every time I do something different, I change the setting.
I'm about to put a new wire spool on it so I'm going to check the settings while I'm in there and make sure everything is good. I may need to swap the roller for the wire to the bigger size if it hasn't already been done. The wire seem to intermittently stop while I'm welding. I think if it was continuous it would work a lot better.

Any updates since this was your jeep day?

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #218
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No updates, ended up do house work like hanging a new chandelier, recycling, and putting together a new mtn bike carrier for the Wifes jeep. Also had to go birthday shopping for the wife. Also to windy and cold to paint which is where I'm at right now.

I did get my MORE sector shaft support. Pretty nice, and came powder coated. Will get pictures and post. Also, got a few other things, T&T fluid holders, outdoor carpet set, and I should get a new console tomorrow. Just a few interior upgrades. Have class Tuesday and Thursday, so hoping I get some time Wednesday and Friday.
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #219
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So here is what I got done in an hour or so. Finished painting the tie rod, so it's ready to put in now. In wrapped my presents to myself, they are T&T fluid holders. Also bolted in the MORE steering sector support. Some progress finally.
image-2422524204.jpg   image-3130056654.jpg   image-372708660.jpg   image-4168431376.jpg   image-544658610.jpg  

image-2640290438.jpg   image-2810496046.jpg  
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #220
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787
So here is what I got done in an hour or so. Finished painting the tie rod, so it's ready to put in now. In wrapped my presents to myself, they are T&T fluid holders. Also bolted in the MORE steering sector support. Some progress finally.
Did you have trouble installing the steering brace?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #221
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yes and no. The bar bolted up fine. But since I moved my steering box with the relocation bracket I couldn't mount it as designed. Basically had to mount the clamp to one side of the bar rather than sandwich the bar with the clamp as designed. There is a flange on the steering box, that if I ground it down a little I could mount it as it is supposed to. I will probably go back and do that.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #222
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

Did you have trouble installing the steering brace?
I just noticed you did installed one as well, did yours bolt up easily? How do you like the MORE shock extension towers?
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #223
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice progress. I have the body mounts fixed on my jeep on the drivers side. I should have the pass. side done in a couple days. I will post pics tomorrow.

I didn't know you got the steering box brace. Nice addition.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #224
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Nice progress. I have the body mounts fixed on my jeep on the drivers side. I should have the pass. side done in a couple days. I will post pics tomorrow.

I didn't know you got the steering box brace. Nice addition.
Good! We need atleast one of ours complete. Brace was an afterthought and from the tax return. Came out nice. Hopefully steering shouldn't be a weak link now.
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #225
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine should be at wheeling status in a few days. Yours will be done shortly no doubt.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.