My '91 Briarwood XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My '91 Briarwood XJ

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Crusher16
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 206
My '91 Briarwood XJ

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself and my XJ. So here we go.

My grandparents bought it new from a dealership in El Paso, TX. They drove it for sometime then replaced it with a Saturn. My dad flew to Florida and brought it home. He drove it for a while, then got a BMW. Then my mother used it at her cookie store for making deliveries, but it was eating her business alive with gas prices, so it sat for a week or two, and then I got my license.

This is how I got it.



Changed a few things, got some 235/75/R15s and upgraded the stereo.



Drove it like that for a long while, then moved to Dallas from El Paso for school. Some time passed and got some 2" lift spacers and 1 3/4" lift shackles.




Tried on my roommates wheels (31x10.5x15 and less backspacing).


Rubbed like crazy.

Then scored some 30x9.5x15 BFG AT KOs with rims for $280. Didn't use the rims.




Then I got an OEM swing away tire carrier for $20 at a junkyard.



And I got her washed today.






Need to replace the rear springs and use smaller shackles. Otherwise, she'll be sitting like this for a long time. Got a CB Radio on the way.

Crusher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
KrayZ
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 167
Excellent XJ. I like to see the wood paneled XJs built up.
KrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Crusher16
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 206
Thanks. Not sure why it shows the actual images, just the links but oh well. Haha. Can't wait to go bigger, but being a poor college kid that can't go wheeling very often, I have other priorities.
Crusher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
milessthomas
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kill Devil Hills
Posts: 6
No better place to use my first post, I've been lurking looking at all the jeeps for a week or two now.

Had to say of those that I've seen that 91' XJ looks great. Really clean for a 91'

Btw, pics don't show up until after 25 posts I think?
milessthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Crusher16
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by milessthomas View Post
No better place to use my first post, I've been lurking looking at all the jeeps for a week or two now.

Had to say of those that I've seen that 91' XJ looks great. Really clean for a 91'

Btw, pics don't show up until after 25 posts I think?
Thanks. My grandparents garaged it a lot. I want a garage.
Crusher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
bebout
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher16 View Post
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself and my XJ. So here we go.

My grandparents bought it new from a dealership in El Paso, TX. They drove it for sometime then replaced it with a Saturn. My dad flew to Florida and brought it home. He drove it for a while, then got a BMW. Then my mother used it at her cookie store for making deliveries, but it was eating her business alive with gas prices, so it sat for a week or two, and then I got my license.

This is how I got it.



Changed a few things, got some 235/75/R15s and upgraded the stereo.



Drove it like that for a long while, then moved to Dallas from El Paso for school. Some time passed and got some 2" lift spacers and 1 3/4" lift shackles.




Tried on my roommates wheels (31x10.5x15 and less backspacing).


Rubbed like crazy.

Then scored some 30x9.5x15 BFG AT KOs with rims for $280. Didn't use the rims.



Need to replace the rear springs and use smaller shackles. Otherwise, she'll be sitting like this for a long time. Got a CB Radio on the way.
Click free
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
bebout
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher16 View Post
Then I got an OEM swing away tire carrier for $20 at a junkyard.



And I got her washed today.






Need to replace the rear springs and use smaller shackles. Otherwise, she'll be sitting like this for a long time. Got a CB Radio on the way.
And again. Nice XJ.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
Crusher16
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2door View Post
And again. Nice XJ.
Thank you!
Crusher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
bebout
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,493
No problem. I've always liked the woody look.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
courtesybullet
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pike
Posts: 62
I think the briarwood XJ/ZJ's are way too awesome. Next to impossible to find too.
__________________
91 YJ - Sold
90 YJ - Parted out
98 XJ - Sold
courtesybullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
HankyDanky
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 596
The wood is waaaaaaaaaaay sick. Nice find.
__________________
1989 Cherokee 4.0l, Rubicon Express 4.5" XJ Super-Flex System, 33x12.50x15 KM2's

The XJ Rebuild- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1327643/

People are always grabbing the handles, clutching the seat, or stomping an imaginary brake peddle when we're out having fun.
HankyDanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
vx1kxj
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: warwick, rhode island
Posts: 733
i must say, i like the amc tire carrier much more than my chrystler one
__________________
00 xj clayton 3 link and yadda yadda yadda...
vx1kxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #13
FletchXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 238
I like it with your buddy's wheels and tires on it, .
FletchXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
Crusher16
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchXJ View Post
I like it with your buddy's wheels and tires on it, .
Haha I liked them too. Jeep didn't like the backspacing though. Haha.

I see the wood as antitheft.
Crusher16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
mudgts
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 211
thats pretty sweet.....

i wonder how a 'birch-bark' wood panel would look on my 99xj?
__________________
~~~~~~~~
where is the thread on worst stuck Jeep Compass?
~~~~~~~~
mudgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.