My '88 Comanche - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My '88 Comanche

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Reply
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #211
kabowabo
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , NC
Posts: 406
I took a little time off from the MJ due to my work schedule and the holidays, but starting today I've got the next 10+ days or so to devote to it. I've got a nice little list of stuff to do-we'll see how much I can get done. One item on the list is the rear shocks which came in today...



kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #212
konatown69
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 274
Sweet, keep us updated and the pics coming, I'm very jealous of your beautiful ride, great job thus far!
__________________
____________

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #213
rymanrph
Registered User
1997 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 726
Question about the carpet you bought. Is it molded at all or is it just a roll? I have a friend who can get me automotive carpet for free, but it will just be in a roll and not specifically molded for the truck.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #214
BeepTheJeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 354
nice!

Great work on the jeep! Its clean and ready to go!
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #215
woodkrawler
Member
 
woodkrawler's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
Question about the carpet you bought. Is it molded at all or is it just a roll? I have a friend who can get me automotive carpet for free, but it will just be in a roll and not specifically molded for the truck.
Kabo, correct me if I'm wrong but you bought the same carpet kit I did and they are both from ACC. And to answer your question, yes, it is molded carpet. However it was a pain to install. The molds were good, but all 4 sides are left long by ACC so lots of trimming and fitting is required. Overall I'm happy with it.

P.S. - KABO - WE NEED SOME UPDATES ON YOUR TRUCK!
__________________
Jeepless...
'06 Tundra DC TRD 4wd
'03 VW Jetta TDI - Commuter
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #216
rymanrph
Registered User
1997 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 726
Well, if yours was molded and a pain to install, I can't imagine a flat piece of carpet would be any easier.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #217
kabowabo
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , NC
Posts: 406
It's the same kit woodkrawler bought, and he's correct it's way long and it's gonna be a pain to install. I spent today on a creeper with the pressure washer cleaning the bottom of the bed.



kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #218
kabowabo
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , NC
Posts: 406


The load sensing valve is next on the list along with the '99 WJ master cylinder and booster. If anyone plans on using this mc/booster combo you'll need one of this spacers for proper pedal height.



You can pull one from a '95 or '96 XJ.
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #219
LJlunatic
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salisbury NC
Posts: 136
Nice build! Im bummed you took off the 80's retro decals on the side though!
LJlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #220
kabowabo
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , NC
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJlunatic View Post
Nice build! Im bummed you took off the 80's retro decals on the side though!
Thanks, but dude the decals were two tone tan. I've seen black/gray ones on Ebay, so replacements are still a possible option.
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #221
woodkrawler
Member
 
woodkrawler's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabowabo View Post

The load sensing valve is next on the list along with the '99 WJ master cylinder and booster. If anyone plans on using this mc/booster combo you'll need one of this spacers for proper pedal height.



You can pull one from a '95 or '96 XJ.
Lookin' good

I was unaware of the need for the spacer? Please enlighten me. I'm using the MC and booster from my '99 XJ. I just bolted it in place of the MJ unit and the pedal location seems to be normal? Maybe it's because I'm using the XJ pedal hanger and dash brackets as well?
__________________
Jeepless...
'06 Tundra DC TRD 4wd
'03 VW Jetta TDI - Commuter
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #222
kabowabo
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , NC
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkrawler View Post
Lookin' good

I was unaware of the need for the spacer? Please enlighten me. I'm using the MC and booster from my '99 XJ. I just bolted it in place of the MJ unit and the pedal location seems to be normal? Maybe it's because I'm using the XJ pedal hanger and dash brackets as well?
The pedal hanger etc. must make the difference, without it I believe the '97+ booster push rod is too long. With a stock config. like mine, the spacer is used to run a dual diaphram booster, either from a 95-96 XJ or the WJ, and maintain the stock pedal height.
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #223
woodkrawler
Member
 
woodkrawler's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabowabo View Post
The pedal hanger etc. must make the difference, without it I believe the '97+ booster push rod is too long. With a stock config. like mine, the spacer is used to run a dual diaphram booster, either from a 95-96 XJ or the WJ, and maintain the stock pedal height.
That makes sense.
__________________
Jeepless...
'06 Tundra DC TRD 4wd
'03 VW Jetta TDI - Commuter
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #224
Sirus789
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 199
nice looking build, cant wait to see more.
__________________
97 XJ Country...Super Clean!
1992 Dodge W150 5" lift, 35s
Sirus789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #225
sdowney717
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 697


where do you buy those axle tube seals for the front diff?
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.