My '88 Comanche - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My '88 Comanche

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #196
EddieXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You wanna talk about inspiring? I feel like i'm watching one of Chip Foose's builds or i'm back in the factory in '88. Too much man, too much. Keep up the awesome work

EddieXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #197
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieXJ View Post
You wanna talk about inspiring? I feel like i'm watching one of Chip Foose's builds or i'm back in the factory in '88. Too much man, too much. Keep up the awesome work
I don't know about all that dude, but thanks. Actually I'm in need of a little inspiration myself right now. Read on...
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #198
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates?
NEPAjeep02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #199
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Today was cold early, but it warmed up later and managed to got a little done today. I took my boys to breakfast and afterward we hit my favorite haunt. The Pull a Part. They've been open a while now, and they are starting to get some nicer stuff in. Today's haul included a left D35C axle, a '87 3 row radiator (for my '89 XJ) and a '99 WJ booster and master cylinder (for the MJ) got it all for the grand total of $57.32. Sweet. The booster/MC...

When I got home I bleed the brakes and installed the drive shaft and after charging the battery she fired off like a champ. I decided I'd drive it around the neighborhood to check the brakes etc. I zip tied the rear load sensing valve wide open for 50/50 proportioning. The brakes are awesome. Nice flat strong stopping, even on the old single diaphram booster. That's where the good ends. A couple of loud pops and a bang, then the bad starts...

The u joint straps I though were tight apparently weren't, sheared off 3 of the 4 bolts. I pulled the DS slid it in 4WD, limped back home and tucked it away in the basement. To add to my aggravation the water leak I thought I had put to bed months ago is back, the LF power window regulator quit, the front diff cover is leaking and two of the studs for the seat sheared off.

I never understood why people named their cars, but I think this one has earned all the names it was called today. Too bad I can't write them down here. I'm really burned out on it right now, It can sit in the basement til after Christmas. I'm done fighting it for a while.

Peace folks, and Happy Holidays.
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #200
woodkrawler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Jeff....sorry to hear about all the bad stuff that happenend. I know the feeling...I really get frustrated with my truck sometimes as well. Like you it's best to just take a break for a while and come back another day.
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #201
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

That is not fun at all, but that's a jeep for you. Stick with it. It'll be worth it in the end.
Unread 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #202
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I thought it was a bad idea to name cars bad names, James Dean named his Porsche "Little Bastard" and look what it did to him. If thats not enough, google the curse about that car.

I'm just sayin'.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #203
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
I thought it was a bad idea to name cars bad names, James Dean named his Porsche "Little Bastard" and look what it did to him. If thats not enough, google the curse about that car.

I'm just sayin'.
Not to hi-jack but that porsche was truly cursed.
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #204
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post

I'm just sayin'.
I don't understand naming cars. I've sweet talked them, cursed them (sometimes in the same breath), but never named them. To each their own, though. I refer to it as 'the truck'. I never really read the details of James Dean's wreck.

The curse theory is interesting stuff. Can't say I buy into it though. Skinny tires and drum brakes are the perfect combination for disaster.
Unread 12-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #205
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkrawler View Post
Jeff....sorry to hear about all the bad stuff that happenend. I know the feeling...I really get frustrated with my truck sometimes as well. Like you it's best to just take a break for a while and come back another day.
Thanks Lincoln, Happy Holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAjeep02 View Post
That is not fun at all, but that's a jeep for you. Stick with it. It'll be worth it in the end.
I agree.
Unread 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #206
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Snow

Unread 12-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #207
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabowabo View Post
I don't understand naming cars. I've sweet talked them, cursed them (sometimes in the same breath), but never named them. To each their own, though. I refer to it as 'the truck'. I never really read the details of James Dean's wreck.

The curse theory is interesting stuff. Can't say I buy into it though. Skinny tires and drum brakes are the perfect combination for disaster.
while you're wating for the snow to melt- here's an intersting way to pass 7 minutes of time on the subject

YouTube - Curse of the James Dean Car

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #208
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I got so inspired with this thread, that I bought my own MJ.

I'm selling my other car and needed another project and it seemed like a good fit. I hope my junkyards in Charlotte are as good as the one you have in Winston Salem. If you need some inspiration, just think back to when you first got started. Cause if you felt then like I feel now, then that should be all the inspiration you need. Good Luck!
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #209
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
I got so inspired with this thread, that I bought my own MJ.
I'm selling my other car and needed another project and it seemed like a good fit. I hope my junkyards in Charlotte are as good as the one you have in Winston Salem. If you need some inspiration, just think back to when you first got started. Cause if you felt then like I feel now, then that should be all the inspiration you need. Good Luck!
Thanks, I like the MJ, you just don't see a lot of them. Looks like you have a nice one to work with. Start a build thread and post your plans. Good luck, let me know if I can help out.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out WoodKrawlers...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-mj-build-881250/...he's got a real nice build under way.
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #210
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I'm subscribed on both your's and his thread. Here's mine. I saw your thread on the comanche club forums, but I can't post because the administrators haven't approved my account yet.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.