My 86 XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 86 XJ

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:59 PM   #1
NeillBarber

My 86 XJ

Here's a Bad pic of my Jeep. If you guys like I can take more and post some pics of my 2.8V6 with the Edelbrock performer package.

NeillBarber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2002, 11:17 PM   #2
mopar_man

Nice ride. How do you like the 2.8? I'm in the market for getting a Jeep but I'm kinda leary of the 2.8 (seems to be the only engine I can find in my price range). I had it in a Firebird I once had and it gave me no troubles at all but I've heard that it's very underpowered in a Jeep and there's supposed to be loads of mechanical problems with it.
mopar_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
NeillBarber

The 2.8V6 is a great motor. As long as the user knows he has a 2.8 and not a 454.

Gear your jeep correctly and get a few parts to help your 2.8 work less and you will be happy.

NeillBarber
NeillBarber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #4
LightningBolt

Looks good! Is that color chili-pepper red?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.