my 84 cj7 build.....lots of pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > my 84 cj7 build.....lots of pics

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

my 84 cj7 build.....lots of pics

this is what my jeep looked like last year when i got it...moper efi on a new 4.2, currie build ford 9" 4:11 gears, 4" suspension lift and 33's

after about 2 months i put some lift shackles and some 35's on it and matched the dana 30 with a set of 4:10's

as it sits today

i tore it down do to all this

and that the fact that the frame is bent a few inch's behind the steering box and all the way to the front

i picked up another frame last week that is in excelent condition minus the back 2" of the frame

my plans are to cut this out anyway......im extending my wheel base in the rear and im going to cut the frame off at the top of the rear hump in the frame and go with box tubing all the way out the back and put the shackle all the way on the back......similar to the btf rear stretch kit they sell just a whole lot stronger......im gonna add extra bracing and what not where it is needed and make a set of boat side armor rockers and comp cut rear fenders......its gonna be on a custom dana 44 from and ford 9" rear with a 64" wms to wms on both axles but keep the stock spring width's right on the frame where they should be......after these axles break i have a set of 60's im buiding for it but prob wont be done till next year

i spent the day cutting off all the not needed brackets off the frame
before

after

just for fun i put my muddin tires next to the jeep

but it will have 38's for street and trail use those boggers are 39.5's and will be mud only use

so what you guys think of the jeep and my plan?......the frame will be done some time this week and back to a rolling frame hopefully by next weekend

allornothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
XJoutlaw

Its two bad you had to tear it down but the plans sound great but why not a D60 and ff14 combo?
XJoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJoutlaw View Post
Its two bad you had to tear it down but the plans sound great but why not a D60 and ff14 combo?
well i got this pair of 60's for real real real cheap.......my only issue is they were ford 60's but i plan on next winter putting in the 60's after i cut them down but im dropping in a stroked 351w motor in the mix.
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

oh and if i put anything other than a 60 in the back it would be a sterling 10 1/4
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
XJoutlaw

sterling is awesome I would understand that and at least you will have less clearance problems with the 60.
XJoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJoutlaw View Post
sterling is awesome I would understand that and at least you will have less clearance problems with the 60.
yeah the sterling has a huge center section.....the 60 is still a strong rear and i plan on shaving them down also......you know how a jeep is.....its never done
Unread 04-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

here is a back of the back of the frame almost done.....they just need to put the fish plates on it... when i get it back i will measure out the new mounts for the rear springs and build a set of new rear mounts....

the front is plated up and moved the rough country shackle reversal kit all the way to the front and welded it on too

cut the front cross member out and replacing it with complete plate across the top so i can move the steering box forward some more and give the frame more strength.....plus a nice flat piece for the winch

the frame should be done early this week and my axles should have there new gears in them by this weekend and i will start putting it back together here this weekend
Unread 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

pics coming later but i got the frame back last week and worked on it some more today....got all just about done except the front hangers for the rear leaf springs....but after putting a few things back on and measuring it out it will have about a 109" wheel base....

its coming together im getting excited
Unread 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

pics up to this point....its coming together

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
thomask
1985 CJ7 

Looks like you are going for bullet proof.

Keep us posted and we will be watching this great build.

"Hey wave at a classic JEEP owner and make a new JEEP friend"
thomask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good, finished pics should be pretty nice. Those are some pretty big tires
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #12
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomask View Post
Looks like you are going for bullet proof.

Keep us posted and we will be watching this great build.
im tired of making gussets's and brackets, im tired of welding and cutting and im not even on the cage or body yet.......i just wanna drive it already.....i said to a buddy of mine.....as tough as this thing is getting.....i will end up flipping it trying to break it
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #13
allornothin
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos85 View Post
Looking good, finished pics should be pretty nice. Those are some pretty big tires
the tires on the front are 38's....the tires on the back are 39.5's.....there not gonna be on the jeep like this.....i ran into a small issue......its a long story

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.