My 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sahara Unlimited - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sahara Unlimited

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Heep View Post
Dude, that is so gay that Chrysler doesn't have them documented. You can get any Rubi LJ that color and put Sahara stickers on it, and there's no way to prove or disprov it's a Sahara...

Anyways, glad you got your Sahara and you have the stuff for it! Luckily the dealership is a pack rat and kept your stuff!

Oh yes, and I'll let you know if I ever come to that part of Cali so you can buy me that drink

Stupid dealers? I say stupid Chrysler! For a limited edition model they should at least spend a few extra minutes on each one to document it and put everything on the Jeep before delivery. But of course time is money, and the days of sacrificing a little quantity for quality and pride went away long ago in this mass production world we live in today...
They did "sort" of document it. They build sheet show's it is a Sahara option but they did not record what number of the 1000 each jeep was.

2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #150 of 1000
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
86mcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86mcss View Post
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short. I contacted the original dealer that sold the jeep I bought and got very lucky. I talked to a parts salesmen who has worked there long enough to remember selling these limited addition Rubicon Sahara's and he said he had exactly what I needed!

A box stashed away possibly to be thrown away he said. It contained a dash plaque, sahara tire cover, and another set of rear tail light guards.

He said Jeep has no idea what number went with what vehicle. That they put together a bunch of boxes with the extra options that were needed for the vehicles and just tossed them in the back of the jeep before delivery to the dealerships. The boxes contained the dash plaque, tire cover, tail light guards, and the sahara stickers. The dealerships were suppose to install these options but apparently most of them never did.

My Ruby sahara is now officially 150 of 1000!
Do you have a picture of the floor mats? I've never even seen what they look like.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #18
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just to start a quick conversation. What kind of gas mileage are you guys seeing with these LJs and the 6speed? I shift at 2k rpm and drive like an old grandpa and can barely muster 15mpg out of my jeep. I am thinking these tires are to small for the 4.10 gear ratio. When driving around town I dont even start from 1st gear because its pretty much useless.

Does anyone else not use 1st gear when doing city driving? I find it more practical to start from 2nd gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
Do you have a picture of the floor mats? I've never even seen what they look like.
I can get some tomorrow.
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just to start a quick conversation. What kind of gas mileage are you guys seeing with these LJs and the 6speed? I shift at 2k rpm and drive like an old grandpa and can barely muster 15mpg out of my jeep. I am thinking these tires are to small for the 4.10 gear ratio. When driving around town I dont even start from 1st gear because its pretty much useless.

Does anyone else not use 1st gear when doing city driving? I find it more practical to start from 2nd gear.

I can get some tomorrow.
I'm averaging 15 mpg since I bought it in March 7th. I will be going to 33's in about a month and will post mileage in my build thread. As far as starting off in 2nd, I don't normally but have on occasion. Starting off in second is about equivalent to starting off in my 97 TJ in 1st when I had 3.07 gears and 33's.

Unread 06-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I really only use 1st when Im at an incline mainly at stop lights cause the Portland area has a lot of hills. First is pretty jumpy. I drive like Im still on the autobahn, probably always will, and my gas mileage sucks and the 63mm TB didnt help my lead foot any
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #21
default_user2

Quote:

I can get some tomorrow.
Yeah, with 4.56's and 35's it drives basically as stock with 31's. I ride the clutch a little and always start in 2nd also unless it's a big hill. Small one's I still start in 2nd. It's worthless around town but is nice offroad where the 4.1 low range is TOO low...

Oh, and I usually get 12-13 MPG with driving like a grandma... That's 35's for ya...
default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #22
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good to know I am not the only one who is only seeing 15mpg. Oh well...I was just curious. Thanks for the replies everyone.

I wonder if a programmer with a "gas saving" tune would help? I know it helped on my 02 Silverado 4x4. It was not a canned program though it was tuned with Hptuners...
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
default_user2

Quote:
Good to know I am not the only one who is only seeing 15mpg. Oh well...I was just curious. Thanks for the replies everyone.

I wonder if a programmer with a "gas saving" tune would help? I know it helped on my 02 Silverado 4x4. It was not a canned program though it was tuned with Hptuners...
Like every "how do i improve mileage" thread. Stay on top of maintenance, and the biggest difference is if you have a light or a lead foot.

Other than that... It's a Jeep. If you don't like the mileage then either drop a V-8 in it (will be close to 20mpg) or buy a Honda...
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Heep View Post
Like every "how do i improve mileage" thread. Stay on top of maintenance, and the biggest difference is if you have a light or a lead foot.

Other than that... It's a Jeep. If you don't like the mileage then either drop a V-8 in it (will be close to 20mpg) or buy a Honda...
I do own a honda lol ...

I am just trying to get the most mileage out of the jeep I possibly can since I am going to use it for hunting. There are no gas stations around where I go and I will have to haul up all the gas I would need for 2 weeks at a time.

The Jeep is my not my primary vehicle just a hunting vehicle. I have a honda and silverado that fulfill my daily driving needs.
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #25
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I took the jeep on its first long trip. The trip was 8 hours total round trip. I got myself a soft top. Got it for a really good price of 350 bux...

I am also happy to say the jeep got 16.4 miles to the gallon on the trip up to get the soft top and 17(!) miles to the gallon on the way back. I did 65-70(cruise) all the way to and from and it did pretty well. It was 97% freeway driving so I am sure that made the big difference from the 15mpg im use to seeing.

I might take the time to take pics of the jeep tomorrow finally
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #26
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You could have stopped by for a cold one, punk.

Glad the soft top worked out for ya. Did you put it on at his house or just cram it in the back of the jeep? By the way I have seen a high of 17.3 mpg in my jeep on a trip with cruise control set at 65mph. Looks like I'm doing big bear this weekend, probably will average 10mpg or so.

Unread 06-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #27
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
You could have stopped by for a cold one, punk.

Glad the soft top worked out for ya. Did you put it on at his house or just cram it in the back of the jeep? By the way I have seen a high of 17.3 mpg in my jeep on a trip with cruise control set at 65mph. Looks like I'm doing big bear this weekend, probably will average 10mpg or so.
I thought about that when i was driving back...if my girl didnt have to work the next day I would I would have stood the night out there.

I hate LA traffic
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 08-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
86mcss
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its Archery season right now and got a couple pics from my 10 day hunting trip. They are just regular cell phone pics...forgot my camera again

Those are the bows on top of the winshield
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
Unread 08-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #29
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gotta get you some of those fancy "SAHARA" fender stickers at $50 a pop. Where are the pictures taken? Central Cal? Looks good.

Unread 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #30
default_user2

Quote:
Its Archery season right now and got a couple pics from my 10 day hunting trip. They are just regular cell phone pics...forgot my camera again

Those are the bows on top of the winshield
What do you think of the windshield down? I tried it myself while driving around on July 4th in Tacoma, WA and hated it. It creates horrible blind spots and it made the Jeep feel 10 feet wide. I will never drop the windshield again

It did attract a lot of attention and thumbs up though

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.