My 2004 Jeep Rubicon Build...new to this JEEP thing!!! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 2004 Jeep Rubicon Build...new to this JEEP thing!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #76
Gearhead231
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that thing is clean. How do you like that style of Alpine? Btw you should think about a pair of rocksliders. Thatd look amazing.

Cherokee Creto-This is my cherokee... there are many like it but this one is mine, I will love my cheroke form the day of ownership untill the day it dies, I promise to modd it and beat it after said mods... i promise to treat all other cherokee owners as family even though they are complete strangers.... and promise to jeep on forever
Gearhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #77
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead231 View Post
Wow that thing is clean. How do you like that style of Alpine? Btw you should think about a pair of rocksliders. Thatd look amazing.
thanks and actually the head unit is a pioneer...i always got alpine but for some odd reason i really like it better than the alpine..way cheaper too!!! but for the rock slider i liked the orf-ab but i kinda want something that you dont have to drill the body!!! i dont well see
bcheung30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #78
jeepr1377

Olympic makes a slider that you dont have to drill that looks the same as the drill ones.... 4wd.com has it for a decent price
jeepr1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #79
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, I like what you're doing with your Rubi. I have a 2005 Rubi in red, and I am waiting for my Warn bumpers to come in. BTW, where are you getting those great prices for the Warn guard and winch plate? I need a hookup brother. I havent even started my build thread, because mines going to be sloooooow. Have you thought about these? http://swagoffroad.com/Rear_Bumper_Frame_Tie_Ins.html
I'm thinking about doing them at the same time as the back bumper. The salesman at 4WD said I shouldn't need any beefing up, but he also told me that the Warn back bumper has two D ring loops. So now I've got $40 worth of D rings on the way that I don't need. Figures.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #80
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepr1377 View Post
Olympic makes a slider that you dont have to drill that looks the same as the drill ones.... 4wd.com has it for a decent price
yeah that looks like it would look good!!!i will try to get some soon
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #81
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Dude, I like what you're doing with your Rubi. I have a 2005 Rubi in red, and I am waiting for my Warn bumpers to come in. BTW, where are you getting those great prices for the Warn guard and winch plate? I need a hookup brother. I havent even started my build thread, because mines going to be sloooooow. Have you thought about these? http://swagoffroad.com/Rear_Bumper_Frame_Tie_Ins.html
I'm thinking about doing them at the same time as the back bumper. The salesman at 4WD said I shouldn't need any beefing up, but he also told me that the Warn back bumper has two D ring loops. So now I've got $40 worth of D rings on the way that I don't need. Figures.
thanks man for the feedback... ilove the red on the rubi's matches the name... and no the warn rear bumper comes with something similar that you drill on the frame for more support...i will post some pics...and the rear bumper is on pretty tight but the one i got did not come with any d ring loops so idk...but keep me posted on how it goes...i get a lot a deals from craigslist...but i like amazon and quadratec...amazons prices are good and free one day shipping...and quadratec does price match
Unread 02-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #82
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, looking back at your first photos, was that front bumper sitting funny, like angled downward? Only see it looking that way on the second pic. If it was, did you figure out why, or how did you fix it?

I'm crawling your thread now because I really want to see where you go with her. I'm getting ready to put up my build thread today. I can't go extreme, because mine is a daily driver, but I am going to try to set her up for light duty off roading.
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #83
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey, looking back at your first photos, was that front bumper sitting funny, like angled downward? Only see it looking that way on the second pic. If it was, did you figure out why, or how did you fix it?

I'm crawling your thread now because I really want to see where you go with her. I'm getting ready to put up my build thread today. I can't go extreme, because mine is a daily driver, but I am going to try to set her up for light duty off roading.
yeah if you are talking about the warn bumper the bottom screws didnt line up so i thought i had to drill some but eventually i got them in...but anyways the stock bumper was bent on both sides...previous owners hit something...but i later aligned the bottom screws up with some hammering and it is on tight now...also the warn bumper is slanted on the front where the liscense plate is...

My Rubicon is my daily driver and its not so bad i get around 15-16...havent been off roading yet cuz all the trails are close around my area...but keep me posted on how yours goes...

my next move when i can find some deals is to get a warn winch, the olympic rock slider, and maybe new carpet
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #84
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Quote:
here are some pics of the reinforced plating that came with the bumper

img_0129-1-.jpg
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #85
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

next steps are tire carrier, warn winch, the olympic rock slider, and maybe new carpet...and if anybody want to trade the rims on the jeep let me know...would like to get a black set 15x10

another pic of the front with arb d rings
img_0130-1-.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #86
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That bracing that came with your bumper is almost exactly the same as the one I posted the link too. Thats a quick $50 saved. Good show.

15-16 mpg? I only WISH I could get that. Last check, I got 12.33 mpg and that was me being very careful and easy coming out of lights and such. Might have to look into new plugs and such.

Really enjoying your thread. I know I won't be doing quite as much or as nice as yours. I doubt I will buy a Warn winch, just because of the price. What winch plate did you get? I have to be sure to get one that I can use other winches on.
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #87
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That bracing that came with your bumper is almost exactly the same as the one I posted the link too. Thats a quick $50 saved. Good show.

15-16 mpg? I only WISH I could get that. Last check, I got 12.33 mpg and that was me being very careful and easy coming out of lights and such. Might have to look into new plugs and such.

Really enjoying your thread. I know I won't be doing quite as much or as nice as yours. I doubt I will buy a Warn winch, just because of the price. What winch plate did you get? I have to be sure to get one that I can use other winches on.
yeah the brace just fits in the factory holes but you gotta drill all the way thru...i dont know why my gas mileage is high but i do lots of highway and i have the factory 4.11 gears and at tires and my oil is mobile one syntheic...
i got the warn winch plate cost 180 and im looking to bid on a xd9000i winch by warn for 600 new
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #88
drl650
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of black and machine DC2s in 15x10. Also how are the Grabber tires holding up are they loud on the road? I am thinking about a set of those tires. Why did you install a drop pitman arm? Great looking rig really like what you have done very tasteful.
drl650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #89
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drl650 View Post
I have a set of black and machine DC2s in 15x10. Also how are the Grabber tires holding up are they loud on the road? I am thinking about a set of those tires. Why did you install a drop pitman arm? Great looking rig really like what you have done very tasteful.
the grabbers are really nice and quiet on the road. They even did pretty good in the snow...i have 35's really quiet like the stock tire no humming like swampers i used to have. I would definitely recommend it and the red letters really set it off. i installed the drop pitman arm to help the steering, which it did because it was feeling kind of tight. thanks again i am diggin urs too! I wish i could get those wheels off you they are very nice
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #90
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Another question, how are those blacked out turn signal lenses? Do they still light up amber when they flash? I have no experience with blacked out lenses. I put clears on my Bimmer and used Invisibulbs. They are expensive, but look great.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.