My 2004 Jeep Rubicon Build...new to this JEEP thing!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 2004 Jeep Rubicon Build...new to this JEEP thing!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/newre...ply&p=10847798

i would love to but i have a set of corbeau a4 racing seat with the jeep mounts but i do not like the fact that i cant move the seat forward and back...it only reclines and slide back and forth...probably going to sell them

bcheung30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #17
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/newre...ly&p=10847798i would love to but i have a set of corbeau a4 racing seat with the jeep mounts but i do not like the fact that i cant move the seat forward and back...it only reclines and slide back and forth...probably going to sell them
Unread 01-25-2011, 03:38 AM   #18
jeepjoe4
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dont do the fake flat fenders do something like this you will be much happier i still say metal cloak fenders lower the jeep and have at it
dscn0185.jpg  
jeepjoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #19
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjoe4 View Post
dont do the fake flat fenders do something like this you will be much happier i still say metal cloak fenders lower the jeep and have at it
I'd ask that you elaborate on what you mean by fake flat fenders. If you mean the ones that bold onto the factory inner, there's really no difference other than strength.

Despite that, they're still significantly more rigid than the factor sheet metal fenders as they bolt to the firewall and to the grill just like full replacements do. Clearance gains over full replacements are virtually non existent, though there are exceptions. ie. Genright, BTF, Overkill or Metalcloak (which garner the largest clearance gains of all replacement fenders, am running the arched fenders on my TJ).

Bottom line, if you're gonna go the traditional flat fender route and you have a steady hand with a sawzall, there's really no reason not to go with the ones that bolt to the factory inner. It's much more economical in the end and garners basically the exact same results.

Metalcloak Arch fenders on my rig for reference.

And I totally know what you mean about those seats. They're stuck in that reclined back position, which I personally hate. I feel a lot more comfortable sitting with my back at a 90 degree angle, vertical.

Am leaning more towards something like this due to the benefit of being able to actual recline the damn thing.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #20
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjoe4 View Post
i wish i could do that but being a college student and not having a job it not looking so good for me....but i love the metalcloaks...but for now the bushwacker will have to do because i think i have enough clerance already cuz the flares will add 2.75 to the 5.5 inch i already have...and is it legal because i thought your fenders had to cover or extend over the wheel in virginia....
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

well i order these yesterday and the rep told me 7-10 business days and i dont know how they are here already(one day)hahahaha....lol very excited to put them on....
img_1792.jpg
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe its just me, but it looks like you could use a little wheelbase back?
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #23
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeConsumer View Post
Maybe its just me, but it looks like you could use a little wheelbase back?
i dont understand what you are talking about can you please explain????
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcheung30 View Post
Just seems like your front tire is a little tight to the back. Are you running fixed or adj. arms?

Last edited by TimeConsumer; 01-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: I cant get the pic quoted
TimeConsumer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #25
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcheung30 View Post
well i order these yesterday and the rep told me 7-10 business days and i dont know how they are here already(one day)hahahaha....lol very excited to put them on....
Attachment 184592
If I can make a recommendation, remove the shock boots unless you want salt/grime building up on the shaft and rusting it through. Shocks self clean, and boots tend to do more harm then good. No idea why manufacturers still include them with their shocks
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #26
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
If I can make a recommendation, remove the shock boots unless you want salt/grime building up on the shaft and rusting it through. Shocks self clean, and boots tend to do more harm then good. No idea why manufacturers still include them with their shocks
that sounds like a great idea but i kinda like the look of it with it on....man i cannot decide!!!! on...offf....onnn...offf...onnn....ahhhh!!!!!
Unread 01-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #27
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=TimeConsumer;10856044]Just seems like your front tire is a little tight to the back. Are you running fixed or adj. arms?[/QUOTE

im not sure at all it can with the jeep and i not that experienced yet...please enlighten me....
Unread 01-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #28
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

bushwacker flares came in very stoked also it snowed almost 13 inches and still falling!!!YAY!!!
img_1804.jpg
img_1803.jpg
Unread 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #29
bcheung30
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok jeep forum friends....i need of some help.... Shock boot in or out?!?!?!?!?!

img_1805.jpg
Unread 01-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #30
homeboy1991
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No shock boot... I never liked them. Nice jeep, what are some future plans?
homeboy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.