My 2001 Jeep Xj Build- Rattletrap - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My 2001 Jeep Xj Build- Rattletrap

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #136
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How come you changed the tires/wheels? Looks nice, how come you didnt go bigger?

Unread 08-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #137
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The retreads were wearing poorly. The moabs are lighter, and I needed better tread. It feels like it spools up quicker. I've never been limited by the 31 inch tire size.

And Im going to be doing a good amount of highway driving, so the lack of deeper gears has limited my tire choices. Im happy with the size of my jeep, and the power.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #138
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
The retreads were wearing poorly. The moabs are lighter, and I needed better tread. It feels like it spools up quicker. I've never been limited by the 31 inch tire size.

And Im going to be doing a good amount of highway driving, so the lack of deeper gears has limited my tire choices. Im happy with the size of my jeep, and the power.
Sweet deal! I am going to be hitting 31's up as well. I am only going to do about 3.5" though until I can afford all the other stuff. When I get the money someday, I am going to buy another Jeep and either make that my DD, or make this one my DD and the new Jeep strictly trail rigged. Im talking something like this guys's Jeep (Andy in PA from NAXJA)
Unread 08-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #139
justanotherjpr

Wow, that may have been a poor line to take.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #140
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Wow, that may have been a poor line to take.
Heh, if you ask me it was the "fun" line to take hahahahaa
Unread 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #141
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thats crazy. But yeah, go wheel in the rocks with a small lift too, it makes you better at driving.
Unread 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #142
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thats crazy. But yeah, go wheel in the rocks with a small lift too, it makes you better at driving.
Ya better have some money heh
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #143
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

hey man how did you like the hood vents? does it still hang out around 210 or did it cool out a bit

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #144
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Wow man, Your rig has come a long way. I'm real impressed. I just ran Deer Valley with a friend and had a BLAST. Coolest trail I've run so far. Took way too much body damage though, since I didn't have rock sliders. Anyway, had I known about that trip I woulda been all over it. I've been on the fence about keeping mine, but seeing your start-to-finish build thread has inspired me all over again. Oh and sorry I didn't get back to you about hollister, but that was when I was up in deer valley. We gotta hit up some trails as soon as I get my electrical problems figured out.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #145
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet, please keep it. Wanna go down thursday? I'm moving saturday for school.
Unread 08-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #146
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I would, but I work during the week, and I have electrical issues I need to sort out before I punish it any more.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #147
LazersGoPEWPEW
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

What made you choose the 245/75/R16 size over the 265/75/R16 size?

I've got the RE 3.5in SF lift with full packs and currently running 30x9.50R15s

But I'm contemplating the 265/75/R16 route. Just curious as to why you went with 245s.
LazersGoPEWPEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #148
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Come on man, read above.

Size is cool and everything, but with 2 bumpers, sliders and gear, going bigger than 31 would bog it down too much. 245(31) is all I need right now. And, I got 5 rims and tires for 800. 4o miles on them.
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #149
LazersGoPEWPEW
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Come on man, read above.

Size is cool and everything, but with 2 bumpers, sliders and gear, going bigger than 31 would bog it down too much. 245(31) is all I need right now. And, I got 5 rims and tires for 800. 4o miles on them.
Well I did...but I've just been looking at these conversion charts between the two sizes and it seems that 245 is a tad bit smaller than 31x10.5 and that 265 is a tad bit taller than 31x10.50.
LazersGoPEWPEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #150
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What gears are you running?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.