Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee build

14K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  thething 
#1 ·
Well I thought that I would start a build thread for my jeep. It is a 1998 Jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2. I bought it completly stock. It had 112,000 miles on it when I got her.

Here are a couple pictures of her stock

First thing I did was went wheeling. Sorry no real good pictures of that. Only one I have is me pulling a Dodge out when he got stuck.

Well the shocks were pretty much shot so I put on some new ones that I got from JC whitney.
old

New

Next came some better sound.

See less See more
#2 ·
MORE
After that it stayed that way for a while. A few wheeling trips.

Next came the snow and some more playing around

Finally I got around to lifting it. I only got the front done first drove that way for a couple weeks.

#3 ·
MOre
I also got some new treads. Some High Country from Les Schab. they are 245/75/16

#4 ·
MORE

Finally had a nice weekend in Hood River so I finished the lift.

Well that is about it. That is how she is stitting now. I'll get some more pictures later. Thanks for looking.

#6 ·
Thanks. If tomorrow is a nice day I'll get her washed up and take some more pictures.

#8 ·
Well the weather was good today so I took a trip up the mountains near my home so that my daughter could play in the snow some. Here are a couple pictures.

We also took our airsoft guns up to sight them in some.

#10 ·
Wow cleans up really nice! I thnk Jeep should have implemented a 2" lift standard on all Grand's.

#11 ·
I agree. a friend of mine got one and It just looks so weird. the 2" makes such a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.