Music City Flop Project - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Music City Flop Project

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Reply
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #811
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler
 
RockRodHooligan's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Noblesville, Indiana
Posts: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
All of the treks/tnt builds are identical to the next one..the only difference is color and cage.

If you painted all of them red, they would all *look* like clones.

Notice I said look, I understand they utilize a lot of different unseen parts, but they all LOOK pretty much the same.
Not ALL of them....


__________________
96 XJ:Parking lot Pre-Runner

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #812
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
Ok, all the TJ builds.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #813
Matt_G
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 638
well i want to figure out how the paint was done, yes i realize silver with bronze clear but how much bronze in the clear and all that process. sorry for the huge hijack hendrix, lol
__________________
"This isn't mud, it's a special Jeep Wax"
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #814
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,664
I could take a stab at this. I painted for 11 years and I am still in the autobody bussiness.

Here goes. The armor is all aluminum so It was probably anodized to look bronze.

The paint is a very simple thing. You spray a silver base down, then top coat is with a Kandy Koncentrate In Bronze or Brandy wine "yeah I did use K's " for one reason the best Kandy's come from House of Kolor. Then top coated with a nice deep clear coat to top it off.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #815
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler
 
RockRodHooligan's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Noblesville, Indiana
Posts: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I could take a stab at this. I painted for 11 years and I am still in the autobody bussiness.

Here goes. The armor is all aluminum so It was probably anodized to look bronze.

The paint is a very simple thing. You spray a silver base down, then top coat is with a Kandy Koncentrate In Bronze or Brandy wine "yeah I did use K's " for one reason the best Kandy's come from House of Kolor. Then top coated with a nice deep clear coat to top it off.
Rod told me it was a Chrome powder coat base with a Copper clear powder coat over it.
__________________
96 XJ:Parking lot Pre-Runner

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #816
Matt_G
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 638
^to me that doesn't matter much as i won't be needing that much armor and if I did it wouldn't be that color. FYI i am probably going to go with the same process in a root beer inter-coat (KK07). this color is a little lighter than the burgundy on that TJ, should look between red and orange

__________________
"This isn't mud, it's a special Jeep Wax"

Last edited by Matt_G; 07-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Needed some popcorn
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #817
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
All of the treks/tnt builds are identical to the next one..the only difference is color and cage.

If you painted all of them red, they would all *look* like clones.

Notice I said look, I understand they utilize a lot of different unseen parts, but they all LOOK pretty much the same.
That's because all of the customers want the same thing. Hylines, big tires, and long arms.

The red jeep with the copper armor is the owners sons rig. If I had to guess, I'd say he changed it after my Jeep ended up with the same armor set up his had (since his was the first). Now it's all different. The XJ Rod posted is the Sales Managers (his name is Rod as well) rig. Very few pics have been posted of their other rigs aside from their JKs. And yes, a lot of them look the same. You can only have so many variations of no flare or flare tube fenders while shoe-horning massive tires on a little lift. While similar, I've been impressed with all of their builds. I personally think they are too low, but whatever.
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #818
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
James, right there with you...they all appear to have 1" of uptravel on 40" tires.

I think it is amazing they can shoehorn a 40" tire on stock suspension, but I'd go with atleast 3" of lift.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #819
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,664
What happened did you change my build name again. looks like the random chit chat on Pumkinator build. LOL
I guess i will need to get some work done that way my thread gets back on topic. I do have one update or two.

I hate my exhaust with the turn down on my flowmaster muffler.
Its way to monotanise. just a constant rumble. So i will have to live with it for now.

Also, my MTR s with kevlar are forsale. I have to go up to 17 inch wheels.

I have my tub pretty clean, just need to sand it now.

Got to build me some skates for my axles to make them easier to move around while i work on them.

My plan for Saturday is to prep the rear axle for the truss and new brkts.

I just called and ordered the steel for my front sleeves. They will be ready Monday.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #820
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
What happened did you change my build name again. looks like the random chit chat on Pumkinator build. LOL
I guess i will need to get some work done that way my thread gets back on topic. I do have one update or two.

I hate my exhaust with the turn down on my flowmaster muffler.
Its way to monotanise. just a constant rumble. So i will have to live with it for now.

Also, my MTR s with kevlar are forsale. I have to go up to 17 inch wheels.

I have my tub pretty clean, just need to sand it now.

Got to build me some skates for my axles to make them easier to move around while i work on them.

My plan for Saturday is to prep the rear axle for the truss and new brkts.

I just called and ordered the steel for my front sleeves. They will be ready Monday.
You don't have to...find a single MT classic II and test fit it. Guy I wheeled with ran 15" rims on his JK rubi and he ran the classic II's. Said the fit was close but he never had any issues.

It's worth a shot.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #821
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
35s.....for sale.....? If you do sell them, I may be interested. whenever I get my new rear axle in (brian....)
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #822
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
35s.....for sale.....? If you do sell them, I may be interested. whenever I get my new rear axle in (brian....)
Don't ****ing "Brian" me...

You get your *** out here and get that axle lol.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #823
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
The problem isn't 15's fitting, it's a clearance thing. There is less than a 1/4" between the calipers and the wheel. Your buddy might not have had problems, but it certainly didn't help anything.
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #824
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
Someone buy hendrix tires/wheels so he can buy mine. That is all.
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #825
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Someone buy hendrix tires/wheels so he can buy mine. That is all.
Got some bites on the wheels and tires already. woohoo.

Got my rear bumper on today. Just need some grade 8 hardware.

Also got the spring buckets cut off the rear. I can set up the truss now. Just need to set the degree of the pinion.

I hope to get the rest of the old mounts off tommarow.

I also have the seats pulled out. Just need to scrub and sand the tub with 80 grit.

Last edited by Hendrix; 07-16-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axles , bbq ribs , build , custom , hendrix , hi line , high line , hillbilly , indyorv , jk , john , lcog , music city flop , paint , rokmen , rv antifreeze , specs , stretch , tj , tjk , ucf skid , undercover fab , wobble
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.