Music City Flop Project - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Music City Flop Project

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Reply
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #61
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,321
BB also depends on what springs they are from, and how sagged they are. Just imagine if they are from '97 4-cyl with a soft top... they wouldn't sit as high as a 2006 Rubi with the dual top option.

__________________
Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #62
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Yeah I'd definitely bring that down. If you wouldn't mind, could you take two measurements for me--ground to skid and ground to frame? And I'm assuming that's a 2" or 2.25" BB?


Center Skid? It measures 16 inches. Just in front of skid is 17 inches.

That is with the 2 in BB. I also have a 95 in wheel base. The front trackbar is hitting the Differential beside the driver spring mnt at a large bump.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #63
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
BB also depends on what springs they are from, and how sagged they are. Just imagine if they are from '97 4-cyl with a soft top... they wouldn't sit as high as a 2006 Rubi with the dual top option.
They are from a 97 4cyl with soft top
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #64
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
They are from a 97 4cyl with soft top
Oh man... could have had like another 1" Measure the coil (and BB) to see just how much lift over stock you have.
__________________
Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #65
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Center Skid? It measures 16 inches. Just in front of skid is 17 inches.

That is with the 2 in BB. I also have a 95 in wheel base. The front trackbar is hitting the Differential beside the driver spring mnt at a large bump.
OK, thanks. Those are probably pretty darn soft springs, too. I was just trying to get a measure on how tall my springs actually are.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #66
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
OK, thanks. Those are probably pretty darn soft springs, too. I was just trying to get a measure on how tall my springs actually are.
There is a FAQ with the list to high how a lift is based on spring height.
__________________
Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #67
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,674
I am thinking of running the stock springs in the rear after I relocate the buckets and the 2.5 in the front.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #68
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
There is a FAQ with the list to high how a lift is based on spring height.
Dude, I know........

Springs wear, numbers change.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #69
Gonewhln
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 1,175
Man, you're just going crazy with this stuff.

It's a JEEP thing some of us Understand.
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #70
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Like yeah, These are so short when the weight is on them. The front track bar is only 3/4 inch from the front diff cover.
Man, that's low. If my numbers are right, my springs sit about 2" higher than where you're at now. I'm just going by the skid numbers--I'm @ 17.5" and my skid hangs down 1" lower than yours.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #71
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonewhln View Post
Man, you're just going crazy with this stuff.

It's a JEEP thing some of us Understand.

I just only want to Build it once. Next step after this install is: Front and rear ends? I just can not decide?

Thinking rock jok 60s or Mopar 44s Built hmmm?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #72
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
I just only want to Build it once. Next step after this install is: Front and rear ends? I just can not decide?

Thinking rock jok 60s or Mopar 44s Built hmmm?
Jesus man. What size tires? With anything over 35's, you're going to need to consider stretching, which is going to cost you much more $$--new control arm frame brackets, new fuel tank/fuel cell, longer drive shaft, and many hours in the garage. I's stick to 35's, MAYBE 37's. With 60's your diff clearance would suck. So that leaves some nice 44's. Why not just go with a built 44 in the rear and HP 30 up front? Just as strong as a 44 (unless you go with an old HP44) and widely available. Truss it, lock it and you're good to go.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #73
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Jesus man. What size tires? With anything over 35's, you're going to need to consider stretching, which is going to cost you much more $$--new control arm frame brackets, new fuel tank/fuel cell, longer drive shaft, and many hours in the garage. I's stick to 35's, MAYBE 37's. With 60's your diff clearance would suck. So that leaves some nice 44's. Why not just go with a built 44 in the rear and HP 30 up front? Just as strong as a 44 (unless you go with an old HP44) and widely available. Truss it, lock it and you're good to go.
x2... no need for d60 unless you have more room between the tires. 37"s are pushing it for any axle below d60 except for the JK axles which really aren;t even d44s.
__________________
Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #74
2doorxj
Web Wheeler
 
2doorxj's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NNJ
Posts: 2,921
very nice jeep! crawled thread, this is gonna be a good one
__________________
Waggy 44s, chromo shafts, 4.88s, spools, mid arm 3 link, 35" kevlars

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #75
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Jesus man. What size tires? With anything over 35's, you're going to need to consider stretching, which is going to cost you much more $$--new control arm frame brackets, new fuel tank/fuel cell, longer drive shaft, and many hours in the garage. I's stick to 35's, MAYBE 37's. With 60's your diff clearance would suck. So that leaves some nice 44's. Why not just go with a built 44 in the rear and HP 30 up front? Just as strong as a 44 (unless you go with an old HP44) and widely available. Truss it, lock it and you're good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
x2... no need for d60 unless you have more room between the tires. 37"s are pushing it for any axle below d60 except for the JK axles which really aren;t even d44s.
I was just mainly screwing with you guys, Really D60? The budget went out the door last month. I do not have the balls to go where I will need D60s. I plan to only run 35s. Maybe 37s

I am really thinking of JK axles converted. I can get a set from the Jeep dealer we have in our Inventory at work. They are already locked and set up for a TJ. They are just special order only and take about 2 weeks. Then I will have to regear though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
very nice jeep! crawled thread, this is gonna be a good one
Thanks Dude!
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axles , bbq ribs , build , custom , hendrix , hi line , high line , hillbilly , indyorv , jk , john , lcog , music city flop , paint , rokmen , rv antifreeze , specs , stretch , tj , tjk , ucf skid , undercover fab , wobble
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.