Music City Flop Project - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Music City Flop Project

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 03-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #31
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your control arms are in now right? Notice a difference?

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #32
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

wow. That's a good lookin ride.
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #33
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your control arms are in now right? Notice a difference?
I like how the Dual JJ and the heavy duty arms improved the ride quality and the on-road handling. I have yet to go off-road my group of Jeepers can't get there times together to take a trip. I do remember reading somewhere that Dual JJ cause a Harsher ride than Urethane. This is true. But I love the way my Rig feels now. I think when I get the shocks Outboarded next week I will like it even more.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #34
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks good. I can't wait to see the pics when it is back together.
I got it put back together. I have the old winch cable and hook. But I have to have the hook put back on the cable. I really want some new winch rope and an aluminum fairlead. I got a quote from Northridge for 235.00
Before

After

Last edited by Hendrix; 03-21-2010 at 02:21 PM..
Unread 03-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #35
DIX03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

nice lookin
DIX03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel the same way about the JJ's. You feel a little more but the ride is so tight and controlled, you'd have to be crazy not to appreciate it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #37
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

New pictures added on Page 1 and 3.

Not much going on this weekend just rained on my plans to go to wheelin-in-the-country. Maybe next weekend I can try out all these parts. Its hard to believe I started this major leg of my build Feb 2. No wonder I am so tired. Thanks Uncle Sam.
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #38
Bevo
ScrumMaster

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
I dug my Ford shock towers out of the cabinet today. Looks like Saturday I will be removing the gas tank and outboarding and moving the spring buckets.
Are those F250 or F350 towers you're using? which year? I remember you mentioning them and I knew these towers have been used for years in the front of CJs/YJs to fit a longer shock, but I didn't think they were frenching them into the frame. How thick are they? The Gen-Right brackets are 1/4" which is thicker than the TJ frame wall thickness. At $300 for the Gen-Right I think you're going the right direction. Good luck on that project Saturday.

Good meeting up you the other day. I want to see your rig in person sometime. I'll follow up on the other stuff we talked about too.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #39
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOn209 View Post
Are those F250 or F350 towers you're using? which year? I remember you mentioning them and I knew these towers have been used for years in the front of CJs/YJs to fit a longer shock, but I didn't think they were frenching them into the frame. How thick are they? The Gen-Right brackets are 1/4" which is thicker than the TJ frame wall thickness. At $300 for the Gen-Right I think you're going the right direction. Good luck on that project Saturday.

Good meeting up you the other day. I want to see your rig in person sometime. I'll follow up on the other stuff we talked about too.
Part Number E5TZ-18183-A I am not sure what they are originally from. they are 1/4 in thick stamped plates. Little long just trim to fit.
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #40
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Rig!! Can't wait to see the Rokmen Highline Fenders....did you get them with or without the flare?
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #41
Anschutz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This project is going pretty fast. And its sweeeet.
Anschutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #42
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton_4x4 View Post
Nice Rig!! Can't wait to see the Rokmen Highline Fenders....did you get them with or without the flare?
I was going to get the ones with the flare. Then I was talking to Sean on the phone, he says he likes the look of the ones without, that is what he installed on his Jeep. So I ordered the ones with no flare. I talked to Jeff @Rokmen yesterday my fenders will ship the week after EJS they are waiting on packaging. I am so stoked.

Thanks for the compliment.
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #43
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anschutz View Post
This project is going pretty fast. And its sweeeet.
Thanks, I made all my orders in stages. But with work being slow it opened up some extra time in the day to get some stuff done on my Jeep.
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #44
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am going to install my Riddler front diff cover sometime this weekend, I just picked up some gear oil at advance.

There is a little Undercover Fabworks Skid hanging out under there.

Last edited by Hendrix; 04-02-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #45
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Part Number E5TZ-18183-A I am not sure what they are originally from. they are 1/4 in thick stamped plates. Little long just trim to fit.
Those are from the ford F150-350 line of various years. They all used the same shock towers at various points. I'm running them up front. When I ordered them from a 85 or 89 or something (I forget now) F350, they shipped me those. It's all good though, they are beefy as hell.

Buy another set and run them up front too. Cram a bigger shock in there with them highlines

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axles , bbq ribs , build , custom , hendrix , hi line , high line , hillbilly , indyorv , jk , john , lcog , music city flop , paint , rokmen , rv antifreeze , specs , stretch , tj , tjk , ucf skid , undercover fab , wobble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.