Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
764K views 7K replies 261 participants last post by  Hendrix 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a better update to this build. There is a ton of pages of banter in this build so I figured a condensed version will help newcomers to the forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/flop-project-cliff-notes-edition-1272067/

I started with a piece of junk I purchased off Craigslist.

After the complete paint job and 33s

I wanted a solid DD built to drive to and from the trail. I put the Jeep on 33s, then quickly sold them to go to 35s, Just days after I finished the build all but the rear D44 and the HP30. I was hit by a careless driver and flopped the Jeep on its side. Then there was a new plan to build a Jeep on 37s with a 104" WB. The rest in history dumped somewhere in the next 400+ pages.

Then the DD almost done:

The Flop that help fun phase 2 of the build:

Taken today: 11/7/2010

See less See more
#716 · (Edited)
I got just a little done today. mainly beer and swimming. Oh yeah the Jeep. I got the tub cleaned and the underside cleaned. I hate having mud under there. I put off wiring till the week ahead. I also am stumpped on the sound deadening pads. I will try the dry ice method now. I here you can put dry ice on them , then chip away the hardened pads. Anyone done this? Maybe one night tgis week I will prep the tub for bedliner. Maybe spray the next night.

I am so excited thanks to Recoil. I will be grinding on these next weekend and Welding on some trusses.

Attachments

#720 ·
Got a nice piece of steel today from the metal gods. I am still amazed at the quality of the work Rokmen does. I recieved the rear crossmember bumper today . OMG!!!! This thing is 1/4 inch plate cnc bent then tig welded at all the seams with such quality. I am really sad I have to paint it. I will post some close up pictures when I get off work.

#723 ·
John, this is no longer a craigslist build...we need a new name. PM me.

EDIT: I'll just shoot you a text.

#725 ·
Lol not much of your build came from craigslist

And the new direction it is going isn't going to be much of a budget build.

#726 · (Edited)
I guess i need a new name for my build. Anyone have a name for my Jeep. Everyone says its bad luck to name a Jeep yourself. So. I had good intentions when I started my build. But I believe it has moved on to more than just a Craigslist build . I probably just purchased the last part I will buy off craigslist. Just because its really hard to find good parts on CL.

So help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked the tracking on my axles. They are in Kansas City MO.

#731 ·
The TCB\ Build
/
\ <--- supposed to be a lightening bolt.

Or

The blue suede build

Sorry but your in TN and I love The King
You can always call her Floppy and yes Jeeps are definitely female.
Great pleasure, lots of work and demand your last dollar
The Phoenix.

You have saved it twice. Once from the PO, and once from the flop.
Come on those are good. We need some more.
Apex came up with "Music City Flop Project" for the build.

#729 ·
The Phoenix.

You have saved it twice. Once from the PO, and once from the flop.

#730 ·

This is the Rokmen rear crossmember bumper. I will be replacing my wimpy rear crossmember on the Jeep with this when I stretch the rear.

Now these are the new frame extentions I will be adding just behind the last body mount in front of the rear wheels. They are made from 3/16 plate. The metal shop broke the plate at a 90 degree to make 2 sides of my new tubing. This way I come out with a factroy look on the section. I welded the 2 edges to make 2 1/2 X 4 inch rectangle tubing for the section.

I know my welds do not compare. But I am using a Miller Mig also.

#753 ·
Awesome axles you are getting.

Tomorrow I may be picking up a 31 spline 9" to start building.
Details? Because there are a few at the Pull a Part here in town for about $70, I'm planning on picking up some Bronco 44 parts this week and could grab you one if you want. 78/79 Broncos, and several 79 and older F150/F100s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.