Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
764K views 7K replies 261 participants last post by  Hendrix 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a better update to this build. There is a ton of pages of banter in this build so I figured a condensed version will help newcomers to the forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/flop-project-cliff-notes-edition-1272067/

I started with a piece of junk I purchased off Craigslist.

After the complete paint job and 33s

I wanted a solid DD built to drive to and from the trail. I put the Jeep on 33s, then quickly sold them to go to 35s, Just days after I finished the build all but the rear D44 and the HP30. I was hit by a careless driver and flopped the Jeep on its side. Then there was a new plan to build a Jeep on 37s with a 104" WB. The rest in history dumped somewhere in the next 400+ pages.

Then the DD almost done:

The Flop that help fun phase 2 of the build:

Taken today: 11/7/2010

See less See more
#565 ·
Your both looking at it wrong, he needs to get an AW4 so he can have the best of all worlds. If he gets 39"s he needs different axles (which he is getting), but he can't keep the low offroad gearing and get the same street performance that Apex has.

#566 ·
Me and hendrix swapped Jeeps after we got off the trail Saturday, I THINK I made him a believer in the 32rh with 4.10s

I am very happy with my on road performance (hell, I drive the ****ing thing 7-10 hours one way to wheel) and I am thrilled with my off road performance...although I could go for a 4:1 transfer case.

#576 ·
Update on my Build. I talked to the guy in Idaho today. He said he can have my axles at the dock by Thursday. I will have my hands on a BRAND NEW set of JK Rubi 44s in 8 days. WOOHOO. I am so stoked after seeing the "Pumkinator" in person.:drool::drool:

Shout out to Recoil for the Heads up on the Rubi 44s.

I got my quote on the fuel cell brkt today. Jimmy's4x4 This thing is awesome.

I have to save for the steering and track bar materials. I have been checking on Heims and DOM for these. Spidertrax 3/4 hiems are not cheap.

Still no word on my ROKMEN order.

Going down to pick up the steel for my stretch tommarow.

#578 ·
Sweet. Get pics of the D44s when you get them. What are your new plans in terms of gearing, tires, and a transmission? Are you going to do any changes on those fronts, or just the axle and maybe different gears for the 32rh?

#587 ·
Just got off the phone with the guy in Idaho with the Jk44s.. Now he says Tuesday will be the soonest and the price we talked about went up by about 1200.00 So I am really disgusted now. Seems like the Freight company says they need 1600.00 to ship the 500 lbs of axles. Looks like another dead end. :crying:

#603 ·
Don't forget rod Moab is VERY close to Idaho. You could make a road trip out of it and stop by to check out the action
Where are they at in Idaho Jerry?
Ok, we need a truck with a trailer that can trailer my Jeep out there then...we pick up the axles then go wheel my Jeep in Moab.

It would be awesome, Rod. Epic roadtrip...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.