Music City Flop Project - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Music City Flop Project

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #196
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Still trying to find exactly what I want. My Jeep will have to serve as DD for a while before it gets a major makeover.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #197
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Still trying to find exactly what I want. My Jeep will have to serve as DD for a while before it gets a major makeover.
I know how that is mine is my only transportation at this time. I have to work on it then be ready to drive to work the next day.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #198
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, I guess I will do a little update on the Build.

Items left to do.
Install the rear springs.
Weld JKS mini skids to D30
Adjust all arms and set toe, etc. 94 WB is the target.
Repaint coil springs.
Repaint frame
Spray Hood,Hilines,corners and grille
Install Rokmen Corners
Install flip down tailgate hinges
Install winch line and D-rings
Spray Black bedliner in Tub and inner fenders (SEM)
Finsh Custom tramp stamp

I did get the Hood done today. Primer on the Outside, welded in the cover plates in the front and welded the spot welds in the rear.

I have a Thread started with step by step process on how to do this to your Hood after the Hiline Fender install.
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #199
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Okay, I guess I will do a little update on the Build.

Items left to do.
Install the rear springs.
Weld JKS mini skids to D30
Adjust all arms and set toe, etc. 94 WB is the target.
Repaint coil springs.
Repaint frame
Spray Hood,Hilines,corners and grille
Install Rokmen Corners
Install flip down tailgate hinges
Install winch line and D-rings
Spray Black bedliner in Tub and inner fenders (SEM)
Finsh Custom tramp stamp

I did get the Hood done today. Primer on the Outside, welded in the cover plates in the front and welded the spot welds in the rear.

I have a Thread started with step by step process on how to do this to your Hood after the Hiline Fender install.
That is awesome. I love it when people take the time to do things right, and bending the edges over is the right thing to do.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #200
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Trust me I know the feeling...I went to 35"s, then Metalcloaks, then longarms in less than a month. I couldn't wait to get it out and see how it went. Now I still gotta do my bumpstops, but I'm so sick of working on it I've put them on the backburner.
Lol! Stack an axle swap, on that and you'll know how I feel! I've got a bunch if **** sitting on a shelf because I'm simply out of energy to put it on. It's sad. The pre deployment me would punch this me right in the junk if he could see me screwing around and not doing that. I remember being excited when I got grab handles. Life was so much more simple then.

Hendrix, you've done a hell of a job here man. Lovin it. I really dig the hood. Just keep your head up! It's only going to get worse. Once you are done and can wheel it though it's all worth it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #201
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Lol! Stack an axle swap, on that and you'll know how I feel! I've got a bunch if **** sitting on a shelf because I'm simply out of energy to put it on. It's sad. The pre deployment me would punch this me right in the junk if he could see me screwing around and not doing that. I remember being excited when I got grab handles. Life was so much more simple then.

Hendrix, you've done a hell of a job here man. Lovin it. I really dig the hood. Just keep your head up! It's only going to get worse. Once you are done and can wheel it though it's all worth it.
Screw that James. Your axle swap was more than just a swap. You had the pleasure of finding a way to make JK axles work under a TJ. I'm all tuckered out and still haven't gotten around to the Currie bumpstops we are all so curious about. Tomorrow is another day though

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #202
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Screw that James. Your axle swap was more than just a swap. You had the pleasure of finding a way to make JK axles work under a TJ. I'm all tuckered out and still haven't gotten around to the Currie bumpstops we are all so curious about. Tomorrow is another day though
My currie bumps were supposed to have been here by now and in but there was a Savvy hiccup, so the shipped yesterday.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #203
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got a little done today. I cut the new wheel opening in the corners, and primed to paint on Saturday.
Also sanded the hood and fenders for paint on Saturday. Woohoo.

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #204
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

good stuff!!!!
Unread 04-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #205
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

More pictures to come.

Last edited by Hendrix; 04-24-2010 at 05:07 PM..
Unread 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #206
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I finally got a Saturday where I could use the Paint booth. I sprayed the Hood, Fenders, and Corners.

I did have time to install the corners today. I have to take some better pictures after I black out the inner fender.
This is not the best picture.

Unread 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #207
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That looks great.

I would either paint the insides of the fenders black, or put some form of barrier there. Personally, I think the barrier is the best bet since it will protect the paint from chips.
Unread 04-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #208
drummerchukb1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

amazing, simply awsome
drummerchukb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #209
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Good lord man, you have some amazing skills. I manage a full production mechanical and paint/prep shop for a living and I know skill when I see it. Very Nice

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #210
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
Good lord man, you have some amazing skills. I manage a full production mechanical and paint/prep shop for a living and I know skill when I see it. Very Nice
Thanks, I think I am blushing though. I have 11 years painting and 6 years as a body tech. I am just 33. I have been scratching around on automobiles as long as I can remember. Some people just don't get it when I say I can do just about anything. But really Thanks makes me feel good when someone really notices. I will be following your Build. I am planning a trip to wheel with you guys this Summer in Badlands.

John

Tags
axles , bbq ribs , build , custom , hendrix , hi line , high line , hillbilly , indyorv , jk , john , lcog , music city flop , paint , rokmen , rv antifreeze , specs , stretch , tj , tjk , ucf skid , undercover fab , wobble

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.