Music City Flop Project - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Music City Flop Project

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #1516
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohn92 View Post
Whats with the date? Reset your camera?
I think the day is first for some reason. 9/2/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Man. SO SEXY. I can't believe such a dumb *** built such a sick Jeep.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
John, the rear looks about 1/2" taller than the front in a few of those pics... just throwing that out there.
My driveway slants down. It actually is a bit lower in the rear on level ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Looks so good buddy. I love the stance of it.
Me to Thanks,



I got some things done today. Replaced the u-joint in the front DS.
I had a massive leak in the fuel cell. I guess when I replaced the Fuel pump I cut the gasket when I tightened everything back down. I filled the cell with gas and it started running out the top.

I also finished mounting the cell bracket.







I did not get anyone to follow me down to Wooly's so I decided to wrench today.

I got the rear bumper mounted and then the gas washed off my paint. When that all dries I will respray the rear bumper then put the rest of the bolts in.





I also got some time on a RTI ramp this afternoon. Problem is there was a truck parked right next to it. I also ran down there in 2wd No front DS. So I did not make it up the ramp very far. I was pleased with the amount of flex and how far I could get up it in 2wd.

NO binding in the front.







Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #1517
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
That's a sweet orange shackle you got there...Don't lose that one in the grill of a Caddy . I don't plan on going back out on the boat, therefore I can't get anymore free replacements.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #1518
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
It looks like the tire may be contacting your tub in the rear a bit...
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #1519
Djay101
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 660
I like the looks of the jeep but the extended axle out the rear... still not 100% sure why some people do that except for hill climbing
__________________
""" Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!"""
""" Jeep... is it in you? """
my build thread... [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/djs-1998-jeep-tj-989136/[/url]
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #1520
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 5,999
the longer the wheelbase the better for steep hills and waterfalls. also it's pretty dan nice when coming of rocks and ledges not to knock the fillings out of your teeth, stock wheelbase Tj's have a bad habit of dragging their rear end
__________________
Come Y'all and enter, make this the best contest yet!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #1521
Djay101
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
the longer the wheelbase the better for steep hills and waterfalls. also it's pretty dan nice when coming of rocks and ledges not to knock the fillings out of your teeth, stock wheelbase Tj's have a bad habit of dragging their rear end
I find that its not the rear end that the dragging problem, its the big plate hanging down from the tranny...
__________________
""" Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!"""
""" Jeep... is it in you? """
my build thread... [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/djs-1998-jeep-tj-989136/[/url]
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #1522
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,628
Well, I guess I killed my elbow today worse than I thought. I slammed elbow down on the shop floor like you would when you hit your funny bone. But bad part was there was a Snap-on hook tool laying there. So long story short. I jammed it about an inch up in the funny bone area. Picked up my arm in pain and the tool is hanging from my arm. So I pulled it out and kept working. Now I cannot move my arm very well and my hand keeps going numb. This really sucks bad. Off to the Doc again in the morning.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #1523
Djay101
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Well, I guess I killed my elbow today worse than I thought. I slammed elbow down on the shop floor like you would when you hit your funny bone. But bad part was there was a Snap-on hook tool laying there. So long story short. I jammed it about an inch up in the funny bone area. Picked up my arm in pain and the tool is hanging from my arm. So I pulled it out and kept working. Now I cannot move my arm very well and my hand keeps going numb. This really sucks bad. Off to the Doc again in the morning.
morning, id be going now...
__________________
""" Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!"""
""" Jeep... is it in you? """
my build thread... [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/djs-1998-jeep-tj-989136/[/url]
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #1524
Recoil
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,864
dont be a *****. you dont need to see a doctor. just put some duck tape on it









Yeah buddy you should get your butt to the doctor. It sounds like you have some swelling thats on your nerve. Get it checked out
__________________
www.indyorv.com

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #1525
flatlander757
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,427
Very sweet build you got going there

I'm really digging the fuel cell... got it all hooked up and good with no CEL?

Very clean mounting with it too... makes me want to do the same now that I've found a solution I like

edit:

Also, where do you go wheeling at? I'm moving to Ohio soon and am looking to hit all the great southern wheeling spots that I can within the next couple years... Choccolocco Mountain and Aetna Mountain come to mind(I think those are nearish by you?... also Harlan, KY).
__________________
SOLDThe lumbering steel-laden pig - 2003 TJ - 40" LTBs - D60/D70HD - 5.86s - Detroit lockers - 110" wheelbase
Build thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #1526
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
Very sweet build you got going there

I'm really digging the fuel cell... got it all hooked up and good with no CEL?

Very clean mounting with it too... makes me want to do the same now that I've found a solution I like

edit:

Also, where do you go wheeling at? I'm moving to Ohio soon and am looking to hit all the great southern wheeling spots that I can within the next couple years... Choccolocco Mountain and Aetna Mountain come to mind(I think those are nearish by you?... also Harlan, KY).
What part of OHIO? I am in Mid TN. about 7 hrs from Harlan. I have 3 local ORV parks. And more I learn about every year. I love Golden Mountain in Sparta TN.

That Cell mount is made by Jimmy's 4x4. It is awesome. Quality stuff.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #1527
Apex
Recon death squad
 
Apex's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berea, OH
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101 View Post
I find that its not the rear end that the dragging problem, its the big plate hanging down from the tranny...
You must not play in the rocks much...

Coming off of a rock ledge I always find myself riding my bumper down.

Also, more wheelbase (as said) is great for stability on hills and waterfalls.
__________________
Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #1528
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
You must not play in the rocks much...

Coming off of a rock ledge I always find myself riding my bumper down.

Also, more wheelbase (as said) is great for stability on hills and waterfalls.
I never hit my bumper. lol
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #1529
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
No you just trash one every time you go. Do you have a new victim for next weekend.
I'm out of stock bumpers. I'm going to have to bring the last new one I trashed at Harlan. Unless someone brings me a new stock bumper to trash.
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #1530
flatlander757
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
What part of OHIO? I am in Mid TN. about 7 hrs from Harlan. I have 3 local ORV parks. And more I learn about every year. I love Golden Mountain in Sparta TN.

That Cell mount is made by Jimmy's 4x4. It is awesome. Quality stuff.
Moving to the Dayton area

I'll be 5hrs from Harlan and about 3 hours from the Badlands in Attica, IN.
__________________
SOLDThe lumbering steel-laden pig - 2003 TJ - 40" LTBs - D60/D70HD - 5.86s - Detroit lockers - 110" wheelbase
Build thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axles , bbq ribs , build , custom , hendrix , hi line , high line , hillbilly , indyorv , jk , john , lcog , music city flop , paint , rokmen , rv antifreeze , specs , stretch , tj , tjk , ucf skid , undercover fab , wobble
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.