Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
764K views 7K replies 261 participants last post by  Hendrix 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a better update to this build. There is a ton of pages of banter in this build so I figured a condensed version will help newcomers to the forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/flop-project-cliff-notes-edition-1272067/

I started with a piece of junk I purchased off Craigslist.

After the complete paint job and 33s

I wanted a solid DD built to drive to and from the trail. I put the Jeep on 33s, then quickly sold them to go to 35s, Just days after I finished the build all but the rear D44 and the HP30. I was hit by a careless driver and flopped the Jeep on its side. Then there was a new plan to build a Jeep on 37s with a 104" WB. The rest in history dumped somewhere in the next 400+ pages.

Then the DD almost done:

The Flop that help fun phase 2 of the build:

Taken today: 11/7/2010

See less See more
#386 ·
Congrats man. I hope it is a job you love.

#388 ·
Oh... I know I am going to have a job with long hours and monotonous work, b. I wish I was still ignorant in that aspect of things.

I did think he enjoyed his last Job. He could get parts cheap and even use the paint booth.

#391 · (Edited)
hendrix, you are a lucky guy :p

Get me in that paint booth!!! But seriously, congrats on the new job!
What do you need sprayed?

I have to make sure I ask off for the Friday 25th of June now.:D

My UCF D44 diff cover showed up at home today. Hope its still there when I get home from Vac. :shhh:

EDIT:

Picture I took before left on Friday.

I will be pulling the winch off when I get home If anyone wants to mess with getting it fixed or what ever. I will be selling it cheap with the warn winch plate. I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. I had it working then turned around to grab the end of the cable to spool it up. Then nothing all it does is clicks.

#394 ·
Clicks?..sounds like a solenoid. Have you checked everything with a meter to see what is and isn't getting power?

I want a lot of stuff sprayed. My cage, bumper, half doors...hell, I need a lot of touching up of certain body panels.

#395 ·
Clicks?..sounds like a solenoid. Have you checked everything with a meter to see what is and isn't getting power?
Yeah, I checked all that makes all the proper noises, It just will not turn the motor to turn the spool. Its very weird. :laugh:

#396 · (Edited)
Well, Its a great thing that people still work when others are away on Vacation. With that I have a order from Treks Offroad waiting on me at my work. So thanks Rod at TNT for getting my D44 Truss out in 1 week to the day from when I ordered it. I also have a D44 UCF diff cover waiting at home. I just need Gears, install kit, and the Locker and Hardware now.

Looks like I will be running the D35 with Yukon shafts for BL in June. :(

#398 ·
Thanks, I tried to do all I could to be functional. :thumbsup:

I stopped on the way home in Marion N.C. The exit I am at is 85 on I40W. There has been a steady roll of Buggies:drool: and Jeeps:drool: since 4pm. I guess there is a ORV park here somewhere. I looked online but cannot find anything on this Exit. Maybe Private?:wave:

#399 · (Edited)
Updated pictures

I am home from Vacation back to work on Tuesday. I get to go in get my Truss from Treks on Tuesday. Give my 2 week notice and Start back on my Jeep next week. :thumbsup:

Here are a few pictures I took today of the UCF diff cover and new T-Shirt.
I do not know what color I will spray it. I thought about a good cleaning and Clearcoat.

#400 ·
Got the Beach washed of the car today. I decided to wash the Jeep to. Pulled the Jeep out ot the garage, to my surprise no check engine light. Woohoo. I also checked the winch again. It worked long enough to spool half the cable in, then stopped. I can't figure out why. The winch will be forsale cheap. Someone else can figure it out.

#403 ·
Hurry up and post the nasty update John. We'll all shed a collective tear and then make build plans.

#406 ·
What is the nasty news? We need updates man, updates.

#410 ·
Sounds like the Jeep went boom today.

#413 ·
So my day started out good I got up a 5:30. Drove to work, Picked up my killer TNT truss for the D44. I talked to James and Conner off and on fitting the truss while trying to take apart peoples cars for estimates. At lunch I cleaned up the UCF diff cover. At 12 I headed over to the dealer to see a Guy about regearing my Diff. The at 12.45 on my way back to the offsite Body shop where I work. The **** hit the fan. I would never have thought I would be the one to Flop a TJ on Music row in Downtown Nashville. Yeah that right a old bastered pulled out of a diner from having a good lunch. Probably still picking the cabbage out of his teeth and not paying attention where he was going. Slams in the side of my Jeep. Now I am running about 35mph. He is pulling across 3 lanes into the side of my Jeep. He hits my Jeep directly below my door at the back of the slider and LH rear tire. That impact sends me up in the air on 2 wheels for about 30 feet. then down onto the passenger fender and tires. The good thing is the fender has only a scrape No tub damage. The windshield frame did not fare so well. the Door is junk. the Mirror is done, and the top is trashed. Other than that its great. I do have a problem with the front housing I believe its bent for the Tire is leaning in a bit on top. The springs are unseated, and the part of the Housing where the steering stabilizer bolts up is twisted. I am worried about the Rh rear axle where the initial impact I believe its bent, And 1 or 2 wheels are bent. 2 tires have small cuts in the sidewall. All the trans fluid ran out on the ground. Sorry for any type errors my side is killing me from hanging from the seat belt. I do weigh about 200lbs. I just hurts to type. :cheers2:

#414 ·
Glad to hear you are physically doing well. Other than the soreness.

Insurance will take care of the Jeep and maybe allow for some extra custom coolness. Hope this gets resolved quickly. Sorry to hear about the carnage.

I guess this wasn't a clever ruse after all... :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.