Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
764K views 7K replies 261 participants last post by  Hendrix 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a better update to this build. There is a ton of pages of banter in this build so I figured a condensed version will help newcomers to the forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/flop-project-cliff-notes-edition-1272067/

I started with a piece of junk I purchased off Craigslist.

After the complete paint job and 33s

I wanted a solid DD built to drive to and from the trail. I put the Jeep on 33s, then quickly sold them to go to 35s, Just days after I finished the build all but the rear D44 and the HP30. I was hit by a careless driver and flopped the Jeep on its side. Then there was a new plan to build a Jeep on 37s with a 104" WB. The rest in history dumped somewhere in the next 400+ pages.

Then the DD almost done:

The Flop that help fun phase 2 of the build:

Taken today: 11/7/2010

See less See more
#11 ·
Nice job so far man. Keep at it!

#22 ·
Thanks, I am gonna make it up to Badlands some weekend.

What kind of paint did you use?
Spies Hecker, Its a custom mixed Red. looks way better clean:thumbsup:

looks really good man!
Thanks, I am trying to make a killer D.D.

Love the high clearance skids - they're on the wish-list for sure now...

Nice build-up, lots of drool-worthy parts there!
I have had the rest of the other guys, I wanted to try the best. :rofl: ROK-ON

#26 ·
lookin good.. why highlines? you going bigger or somethin

#28 ·
Updated Images and winch overhaul.

Woohoo 1 more week and my Rokmen highline fenders will be here. :D:D:D

Here is another pic from Wednesday after my control arms went in.

I decided Thursday it was time to rebuild the winch. Its a 8000lb. Mile Marker. It was burnt up internally when I bought the Jeep. The cable was wrapped around the front bumper. Its in pretty rough shape.
I sent the motor out had some work done, and cleaned up the case. Sprayed a little etc primer on and some gunmetal base coat clear coat paint.

#29 ·
Looks good. I can't wait to see the pics when it is back together.

#33 ·
I like how the Dual JJ and the heavy duty arms improved the ride quality and the on-road handling. I have yet to go off-road my group of Jeepers can't get there times together to take a trip. I do remember reading somewhere that Dual JJ cause a Harsher ride than Urethane. This is true. But I love the way my Rig feels now. I think when I get the shocks Outboarded next week I will like it even more.

#37 ·
New pictures added on Page 1 and 3.

Not much going on this weekend just rained on my plans to go to wheelin-in-the-country. Maybe next weekend I can try out all these parts. Its hard to believe I started this major leg of my build Feb 2. No wonder I am so tired. Thanks Uncle Sam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.