Muddy's 5.9 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Muddy's 5.9 Build

1989 Jeep Wrangler Clutch Kit with Slave Cylinder for L6 41987-1995 Jeep Wrangler Mirror Manual Folding Pair1987-1989 Jeep Wrangler Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Met

Unread 05-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Muddy's 5.9 Build

Hello JF, been a member for a minute but never started a build thread. This is going to be a way to track my progress as I rebuild my jeep, its not a specific build thread but more of a history and where am I now thread. Mainly for me to keep up with my jeep, but will be adding modifications as I go. My plans are to add air lockers and make this a capable daily driver wheeler. Future plans of swapping in one tons would be ideal.

Ive currently owned my Niner for 4 years. Picked in up in 2011. Found it at a dealer in Orlando, FL they thought it was a 4.0 and i scooped it up before anyone figured it out. Anyways, traded my 97' 4.0 for it and about a week later the tranny took a ****. I threatened them with legal action and all sorts of stuff. They agreed to pay for half the cost to rebuild it so I took it and shutup.

Im missing a bunch of missing in between photos, so ill be adding them in once i can find them.

uploading images
Got the tranny rebuilt and drove it like this for about 4 months then came the lift and tires 5.5'' IRO long arm front short arm rear and 33's

img

image hosting

post images

photo share
I lived in Florida so theres not much wheeling to do there. Found some stuff to flex on. I was the only one of my friends to have long arms

windows screen capture

image upload no ads

free photo hosting

adult photo sharing

Ended up mudding the crap out of it cuz there wasnt much else around
so naturally i got stuck. First time I got stuck in it

img upload

Unread 05-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

My gf had a TJ 4cyl on 33s we ended up selling it after awhile

upload pictures online

screen shot on pc

i added a bumper and snorkel to it.

take a screenshot

image search

got stuck some more...

gif image hosting

Around this time I picked up another TJ from a member on JF. Rented a uhaul trailer and drove up to Maryland to pick it up

screen capture freeware

This is pretty much when i blew my transmission twice so i swapped my wheels to the TJ and parked the jeep on the side of my buddies house where it sat for a year slowly growing into the forest

upload foto
Unread 05-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

I drove the TJ around for the next year having fun with it but the niner was always in the back of my mind.

free photo hosting

how to take a screen shot

image upload with preview

So I finally pulled it out from my friends house with the intention of getting straight to work on it but sadly it sat in my moms driveway for another 6 months.

images upload

image hosting

pc screenshot

image hosting services
Unread 05-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

So I finally got the tranny back in right before i moved to Georgia Jan 2015. But for the last 2 years all my time and money has been put into my truck

screenshot program

image share
Unread 05-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Last week I sold my bike and I took the money into throwing all new parts at it and reviving her to its former glory. Not to mention we just got our new garage built and I have tons of room to work on it!!!

upload image free

screenshot

upload images free

image post
Unread 05-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Now Im at its current stand point. Replaced the front clip cuz its was nasty and broken and pitiful looking. I picked up fresh interior a few months back cuz it was too good of a deal to pass up. Also got a platinum grill from the guy and im digging it. I got brand new carpet, new motor mounts new front coil springs, new wheels and tires and some other goodies on order. The interior is stripped right now and I need to get the headliner redone it got molded from sitting in the woods and the sunroof being cracked open a bit.

image hosting no sign up

photo upload

upload imagem

imgurl
Unread 06-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #7
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Got my new tires and wheels mounted and pulled her out of the garage for the first time in a loooong time! I ripped the rest of the carpet out and im cleaning all the sand and stuff out. Now I just need to remove the headliner and get it redone start laying my carpet and begin reassembly!

Unread 06-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Got the Jeep registered today! Ordered a custom plate so I'm excited for that to come. Gonna take it tomorrow and get my steering sorted out.

I've been looking into shocks because im pretty sure mine are blown out. Anyone running the Fox 2.5's?
Otherwise I'm just gonna get Blisteins again.
Unread 06-09-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
partegolkar

Great build, I like it
partegolkar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #10
06JeepXKHEMI
2005 LJ Wrangler 

"F'in A Cotton.." Love the new tires...
Unread 06-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
jswerve
1998 ZJ 

Dude that looks like a fun ride!

1996 ZJ 4.0 Selec-trac
jswerve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys! Small update got the carpet in and cut. I put the new 7 in coils up front and I ordered new heim joints for my steering. Ill post some pics up tmrw.
Unread 07-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #13
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Sorry for the lack of updates and pics. I got the jeep all registered and tried driving it and its all over the road. My heim joints in the steering are shot! I ordered the parts and got the wrong thread direction. Then i ordered new heims for the draglink and they were the wrong bore -.- So hopefully in the next week i can get my steering all fixed and aligned and back on the road.
Unread 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #14
ajpalmer21

Good lift
ajpalmer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #15
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Well, I thought about selling her. Couldn't get it to go down the road straight for nothing! Did some research and we adjusted my steering box. Also found a ton of loose bolts. Front trac-bar drop was wiggling back and forth. Some of the rear control arm bolts were able to be spun by hand.... Got everything all tightened up and she's doing 70 down the road no problem!!!! I'm so excited! Got all my desire back to work on her!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.