MoonyJohn's 2004 WJ "Project Rocky" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MoonyJohn's 2004 WJ "Project Rocky"

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight & Wiring Harness KitsPoison Spyder JK Crusher CornersPANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thi

Unread 07-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

MoonyJohn's 2004 WJ "Project Rocky"

Making a build thread in this section, grand section is pretty dull lately from what ive noticed. Ill copy and paste what I have so far

I picked up a gem. 2004 WJ 4.- Rocky Mountain Edition with 91k miles. Two owner, with being towed behind a motor home at times. Its a 9.5 out of 10. Interior is practically new, and the exterior has minor things. Doesnt have a tow package so I got to get that still, but slowly Ill get there. All Ive done is drive it, and I got some husky floor mats in today too. Plans are to be mild. Not a big lift, but well equipped. Heres the day I brought it home, pretty basic

Did some small things here and there, got new rims, projector headlights, tinted windows, sound system, sound deaded the floor and doors, husky floor mats, cb radio.. my photobucket isnt working right now so ill skip ahead to my current setup..

Right now Ive got a 2" BB with bilsteins, MOOG SS, JKS HD front track bar, and 265/70/R17 duratracs with some Ultra Motorsport 198's.

Set up with my home made trailer color matched

I then picked up a welding project for myself to learn how to weld. My dad is teaching me how, been welding for 40+ years. Its a flatland4x4 bumper design, and a nearby fabricator cuts the prints out for a DIY kit so I picked a set up.

Heres my dad and his safety gear, tequila had nothing to do with this..

Bumper tacked together

Right now I have the bumper welded up, just need to grind it down to get ready for paint. I am buying some color matched graphite metallic clear for the bumpers, and future sliders. Should look nice and clean.

Also have a Warn VR8000 to be installed, with some Warn fog lights and a Masterpull orange synthetic winch line to be installed in the winch.

Thats all I got! More to come the next couple days hopefully

Unread Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #2
grandboost98
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I was actually thinking the same thing. Was going to ask a Mod or Admin if they could just move it.

Either way, love the way your WJs coming out. The bumper is lookin sweet!
72 Chevy Nova-in progress
http://tiny.cc/BRASSBALLSOFFROAD
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #3
Jay8five
2001 WJ 

Nice find, i can't wait to see the front end.
Jay8five is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #4
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing. Was going to ask a Mod or Admin if they could just move it.

Either way, love the way your WJs coming out. The bumper is lookin sweet!
Thanks man! I was part of the grand section a few years ago and it was alot more active, dont know why its not as busy over there. I guess I'm an attention whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay8five View Post
Nice find, i can't wait to see the front end.
Thankyou sir!

I just got inside from a grinding spree. Got everything welded up, I missed a couple spots so I had to go back and add a weld to fill a hole. Other than that for a beginner fab project, I think I did good. The corners arent perfectly smooth, there are some imperfections.. but Im hoping that some good coats of primer and paint will cover it up. Anyways, heres the pictures

One side ready for primer and paint

Process of adding some welds :/

Added a light bracket because the angle that is provided wont work for my fog lights I'm mounting. Just cut some flat stock and tacked it up.

Fairlead holes drilled

Drilled for the light

Measuring out for the winch

3/8" holes drilled, bored a little for some extra play room just incase

Winch set in and checking for gaps, sits in nice!

Now I'm just messing around and wanted to see everything on it minus the fairlead

Hope to get it to paint tomorrow! Sucks having to work when I have this at home..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.