Monsonman's '98 Cajun Crawfish Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Monsonman's '98 Cajun Crawfish Build

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Reply
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #61
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I wander what that could be...
Crawdads ...

__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #62
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,076
hey nice jeep! im so surprised i haven't seen it around yet. You still live in Lafayette?
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #63
monsonman
Senior Member
 
monsonman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7
hey nice jeep! im so surprised i haven't seen it around yet. You still live in Lafayette?
Thanks a lot, and yes I'm in Lafayette. The reason you probably haven't seen me is because it was on jack stands for 7 months hahaha. I should be driving it a good bit more now that I have most of the heavy projects finished....for now
__________________
'98 TJ- build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1461959/
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
monsonman
Senior Member
 
monsonman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Crawdads ...
Hey, now there's a build name possibility haha
__________________
'98 TJ- build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1461959/
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #65
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman

Thanks a lot, and yes I'm in Lafayette. The reason you probably haven't seen me is because it was on jack stands for 7 months hahaha. I should be driving it a good bit more now that I have most of the heavy projects finished....for now
Well that sure makes a lot of since! I'm sure you've seen mine around a few times. I'm always driving somewhere!
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #66
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,387
7 months.... I'm going crazy not having my jeep and it hasn't been on jackstands for 2 months...
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s - the build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/i...ge-lj-1173119/

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #67
monsonman
Senior Member
 
monsonman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
7 months.... I'm going crazy not having my jeep and it hasn't been on jackstands for 2 months...
2 months is a cakewalk

so i didnt get the currie steering on or the anti rock. instead, i was trouble shooting a loud noise coming from the passenger side rear. it was happening once every tire rotation and was echoing like a "KSSHHINNGGG" (theres your daily dose of onomatopoeia, you're welcome) kind of noise. remove the rotor and what do you know, one of the studs was not fully seated and was catching the parking brake spring every round.






so i got that fixed then watched the masters drank a lot of beer and cooked smothered pork chops for 4 hours. oh yeah and i proposed to my girlfriend
__________________
'98 TJ- build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1461959/
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #68
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
2 months is a cakewalk

so i didnt get the currie steering on or the anti rock. instead, i was trouble shooting a loud noise coming from the passenger side rear. it was happening once every tire rotation and was echoing like a "KSSHHINNGGG" (theres your daily dose of onomatopoeia, you're welcome) kind of noise. remove the rotor and what do you know, one of the studs was not fully seated and was catching the parking brake spring every round.

so i got that fixed then watched the masters drank a lot of beer and cooked smothered pork chops for 4 hours. oh yeah and i proposed to my girlfriend
Big Moves. And thanks for not calling it crawdads...
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s - the build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/i...ge-lj-1173119/

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #69
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post


so i got that fixed then watched the masters drank a lot of beer and cooked smothered pork chops for 4 hours. oh yeah and i proposed to my girlfriend
That is the kind of noise that it takes luck to find . You seem real excited about the proposal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Big Moves. And thanks for not calling it crawdads...
I saw the Cajun Crawfish title change , we call them crawdads in NC . Is crawdad a no no in Louisiana ? Heck I dont care what you call them , they are delicious !
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #70
monsonman
Senior Member
 
monsonman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley

That is the kind of noise that it takes luck to find . You seem real excited about the proposal ...

I saw the Cajun Crawfish title change , we call them crawdads in NC . Is crawdad a no no in Louisiana ? Heck I dont care what you call them , they are delicious !
Haha I'm excited don't worry!
And about crawdads, it's kinda the touristy thing to call them. People say it just not real often. It's not nearly as bad as "mud bugs" though haha

Thanks for the title inspiration G. Beers on me if you ever find yourself in my parts
__________________
'98 TJ- build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1461959/
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #71
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
Haha I'm excited don't worry!
And about crawdads, it's kinda the touristy thing to call them. People say it just not real often. It's not nearly as bad as "mud bugs" though haha
this.

Quote:
Thanks for the title inspiration G. Beers on me if you ever find yourself in my parts
and this.
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s - the build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/i...ge-lj-1173119/

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #72
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,457
We have a job in Houma coming up , maybe I will get it . If I do we will have some beers and craw something or anothers .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #73
arg0413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA
Posts: 193
Cajun Build, I'm subscribed! UL Alumni Here boys! Ya'll ever go play at Sicily Island?? Sweet TJ!
arg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #74
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg0413 View Post
Cajun Build, I'm subscribed! UL Alumni Here boys! Ya'll ever go play at Sicily Island?? Sweet TJ!
As often as possible. I'm in Alexandria.
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s - the build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/i...ge-lj-1173119/

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #75
monsonman
Senior Member
 
monsonman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
We have a job in Houma coming up , maybe I will get it . If I do we will have some beers and craw something or anothers .



Quote:
Originally Posted by arg0413 View Post
Cajun Build, I'm subscribed! UL Alumni Here boys! Ya'll ever go play at Sicily Island?? Sweet TJ!
sweet! i see you are in baton rouge, that was my home for 5 years while i was at LSU. we havent made it to sicily just been real busy, but we plan on making a few trips there in a couple months.
__________________
'98 TJ- build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1461959/
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.