Money Pit...AKA - Black Jack (XJ Build) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Money Pit...AKA - Black Jack (XJ Build)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #31
tjsrock
1999 TJ Wrangler 

good looking xj man. What do you thank of the rack? I was thanking about geting that same one. and by the way its real hard to make sure that all hot spots are gone in a fire even with all the tool like a T.I. I'm a Firefighter myself I know. I feel sorry about your house. Firefighters bust tail on a fire scean and do the best job possible to protect life and property. So I hope you didn't mean to sound negative toward them.

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #32
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I hate to say it, but I was being somewhat negative towards MY fire department. Not that they didn't do their job with the fire, but that they could have educated me that it is possible for re-ignition. We had family close by that could have kept an eye on the house for us. It wasn't until the next morning that the FD said "Re-ignition happens a lot." That's where my negativity comes into play, nothing against what firefighters do. Trust me, I have the utmost respect for anyone who's daily job requires them to run into danger instead of away from it. Again, no hostilities towards you or any other firefighters...just towards my department for not giving me all the details when it was pertinent.

As far as the rack goes it's very solid! Held together in the middle by four screws...if I had a welder I would have welded the joint, but for my purposes it will work great.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Eggdashure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #33
tjsrock
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sweet i'll have to get that rack then but after i go up another 1 1/2"(i already have 3") and my 32s!!! i can"t wait
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #34
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have about 5 inches before the rack hits on the top of the garage door.
Don't know if I could fit a spare up there and still get it in the garage or not, but I'm trying to figure why this is a bad thing!

The new OME coils on the front are starting to find their final resting place. The Jeep "floats" much better now over the bumps, but is still kinda harsh on cracks and potholes. Most likely need some control arms drop brackets to get the arms straightened out. Looking around for a set of the Rough Country Drop Brackets cheap on Craigslist.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #35
tjsrock
1999 TJ Wrangler 

goos luck on the cheap part lol. My moms 99 GT and dads 347 stroker stang have the garage spots on lock down any way lol so pole barn for me with 15 foot of space so no worries lol
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #36
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, I'm a dreamer! $50 for a set of the RC DB isn't unrealistic is it?!

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 08-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #37
talentjeep
1987 XJ Cherokee 

sweet Jeep. did you get a good deal on those bilsteins? also i've never seen the roof rack fairing question brought up before. it seems like it would help with aerodynamics. i've thought about building one that could "flip up" to reveal a light bar but i haven't got to that stage of my project yet.
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #38
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had a set of Bilsteins for a JK that were setup for my Jeep (3.5" at the time), but I found an awesome deal where I got two OME front coils and all four shocks for $75...I suppose you could say it was a good deal.
The guy I bought them from (Craigslist) tells me, after I paid him of course, that he was just going to run them down to the JY?!

They took some TLC, cleaning, I had to re-zip tie the boot's and run BPE's on the rear, but otherwise they've been great!

Quote:
i've thought about building one that could "flip up" to reveal a light bar but i haven't got to that stage of my project yet.
I was contemplating a design to build my own from two chain link fence gates, but it was just dumb luck that I found this one at Sam's Club. It was in their clearance / demo area and they had cut the price by 60% due to a couple small scratches. I looked at my wife with longing eyes and she goes " Christmas present?"
I said "Thanks!" and all the way home.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 08-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #39
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Had a few minutes this afternoon and decided to tackle a couple things that have been bugging me. First, my stock fog lights haven't worked in almost 2 years. Everyone kept saying it was the switch. Using the fog switch rebuild write-up (in the write-ups area of course) I was able to fix the switch. No pics, I would have had to blur my mouth for the kiddies!

Then I had some left over rattle can paint, so I painted the back door's "over hang"? Turned out pretty nice I thought. The rear wiper spray had been leaking for some time and eroded the paint slightly, this was an easy cover up.

Then I moved to the front. My Rubicon Express Gen II Quick Discos would twang on the coil springs during heavy flexing and it was driving me nutz! I noticed on another Jeep someone had mounted them towards the front of the Jeep instead of straight up and down as the directions stated. Have a look:

Straight up and down, notice how close they are. Also, new Moog sway bar bushings too.

And after:

They hook up soooo much easier too. Took some time though, I had to fish a bolt through from inside the frame. Only dropped the bolts like 15 times!
But I'm happy with the results so far! I'm not sure if the tires will rub here or not, time will tell.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #40
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got bored tonight, connection was terrible for MW2!

So I broke out the rattle can...

It turned out really nice actually. I'm no wiz of the rattle can...but I'm getting better. One of those "XJ 101" classes!

Oh...anybody happen to have the rear wiper blade switch they can sell me cheap? I went to wire in my upper fogs and when I went to pull out the switch...let's just say I have no idea which way the springs and plastic went.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #41
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing much to report on the build side, just a shot from my father in laws hunting camp in the hills of Colorado.

I guess I could show that I have some recovery gear now...notice the tow hook in the hitch. Hopefully I won't have to use it, but it serves two purposes: Recovery and keeps the hitch from rusting any further! Hey 200 posts! Yea me.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #42
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Been a while since I've done anything to the Heep. Wish I had some cash to throw at mods...but no such luck. So I broke out the trusty rattle can and went to work!

Here's what I started with...

And here is the finished product:

I like how it turned out! The front end needed some contrast.

Notice the Mud Terrains on the wall in the background? I purchased 3 extra rims and mounted my road tires to the 3 and my spare tire rim. Now I have two sets of tires, one for daily driving and one for wheelin'! Only takes like 15 mins to swap sets.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #43
Worshers
2001 XJ Cherokee 

nice looking rig man. i like the silver inside and out. did you sand down your grill or just hit it with some paint. no primer used or what?
Worshers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
Eggdashure
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
nice looking rig man. i like the silver inside and out. did you sand down your grill or just hit it with some paint. no primer used or what?
No, just made sure it was good and clean, then hit it with a couple coats of Krylon. Then added a two coats of clear coat to keep it shiny.

I like the brushed silver better than the chrome accents on the Freedom edition, but that was my inspiration.

Colorado Jeep Trails
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #45
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking XJ.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.