The Moaning Brunette build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Moaning Brunette build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
MCObray

Sounds like a good combo. Can't wait to hear how it turns out on your Jeep.

MCObray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
BOOMroasted
1998 XJ Cherokee 

does clicking "crawl this thread" mean I'm subscribed? Because that's what I wanted to do. Anyway this seems like my kind of build!
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
man i wish my jeep sounded like that!!! i have a FM40 with stock tailpipe and cat and it is just a little louder than stock... might need to fix that lol

i cnt wait to c your jeep lifted, will look good!
Thanks man. What muffler do you have, original 40 series? I used to think all 40 series were the same. I had a super 40 with high flow cat and 2.5" piping before and it was pretty loud. Now I have all stock sized piping, stock replacement cat, and the super 44 offroad. I think its just as loud as the 2.5" piping. Your jeep might be louder than you think it is. Try driving with all the windows down or the fronts down and the backs cracked. Sounds a little louder, also louder if you drive with your head out the window. Have someone drive it away from you as your standing behind it and you will realize how loud it is. Mine is a lot louder outside than I thought it was. The 97+ XJs have very good sound proofing inside compared to the older ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BB6 View Post
LUCKY!!! i wanted an OME lift!

congrats on it
haha thanks. The front is just going to be 2" spacers, and I plan on getting RC shocks, so the only OME part is really the rear leafs haha. Hopefully they improve my ride. With my stock shocks the crappy CT roads will rattle the **** out of your teeth. I was driving with my friend once and she wieghs probably 90 pounds, we hit a bump and she almost hit her head on the sunvisor lol.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #34
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you gonna isntall the lift yourself? I noticed your around the same age as me. How did you learn so much about cherokees I'm jealous lol
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #35
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMroasted View Post
does clicking "crawl this thread" mean I'm subscribed? Because that's what I wanted to do. Anyway this seems like my kind of build!
I've never used "crawl this thread" before. I always go up to the "thread tools" tab and click subscribe. Thanks

Build Thread:
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Are you gonna isntall the lift yourself? I noticed your around the same age as me. How did you learn so much about cherokees I'm jealous lol
Good question. I was going to have someone install it, but then I wouldn't be lifting it for like 3 more years lol. My friend is going to help me install it since he has all the right tools/know how. He has the same XJ as me except his has ~5" and 33's.

I'm on my third XJ (because dumb drivers totaled my other ones) and my dad had one when I was growing up. I also have friends with XJs, one with a TJ, and one with a '98 ZJ. Between helping my friends, and reading lots of forums, you start to learn stuff. I wish I could say the same thing about school or sports, but I guess you can't be good at everything, right?

Plus I'm a commuter student at school, so I don't spend a lot of time on campus being busy lol. I have a ****load of posts on here mainly cuz I like helping people. When someone has a problem and I know how to fix it, I like helping them out because I know if I had a question I'd want people to answer it too. Don't worry, soon you will be just like me, and when you are out with friends they will pretend they don't see you climbing under that XJ in the parking lot to see what axle it has.

Build Thread:
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #37
Mike89db
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, is the high flow cat you had on your cherokee 2.5"? Do you still have it?

Good luck with the lift, seriously! I hope you have a better time than I did. I found out (because I have no idea what I'm doing half the time) that using a 20 ton press makes the bushings alot easier to remove and install.
Mike89db is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #38
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89db View Post
Hey, is the high flow cat you had on your cherokee 2.5"? Do you still have it?

Good luck with the lift, seriously! I hope you have a better time than I did. I found out (because I have no idea what I'm doing half the time) that using a 20 ton press makes the bushings alot easier to remove and install.
Thanks and good call on the press. I do still have the high flow cat, but its in my shed. It was a magnaflow 2.5" when I had my previous IRO exhaust. The cat started rattling inside like 3 months after I put it on, so I took it off and used a stock cat when I redid my exhaust. I don't really think the highflow cat made any difference to be honest. All the new cat converters these days flow pretty well. My exhaust is just as loud if not louder now with 2.25" than it was before with highflow cat and 2.5".

Edit: if you want it I'd be willing to give it to you. I'm not sure if the insides were rattling or the shield on the outside. Both the shield and the insides appear to be tight so I just assumed it was the insides. It currently welded to my old down pipe but I could probably cut it off leaving you enough room to clamp it on or weld it on to another pipe.

Build Thread:
Unread 10-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #39
Mike89db
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have stock piping, but I was thinking I could get some reducers. If it doesn't really make a difference maybe it isnt worth it. Oh well.

I listened to your exhaust sound clip and I think I drooled a little. My borla exhaust doesnt sound as nearly as good as your does!
Mike89db is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #40
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey will you post pics of your h4s? i wanted to see if thats what i want to do. and do i have to do the wiring harness right away or can it wait? thanks dude

March 2012 COTM

Last edited by Durt_Diver; 10-31-2010 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: spell check
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #41
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
hey will you post pics of your h4s? i wanted to see if thats what i want to do. and do i have to do the wiring harness right away or can it wait? thanks dude
Yes I'll definitely post pics. I've been meaning to take pics of the setup, but I've been busy with exams lately. Hopefully early this week I'll take some pics of my setup. When I did mine, I did the wiring harness a few months later. The harness just plugs into the stock harness, then to the battery and headlights so you can do the harness first or the housings and bulbs first, doesn't really matter. If you are on a budget, I definitely recommend the H4 upgrade over HIDs. HIDs can be brighter, but its expensive to get a nice kit that will give a nice beam pattern (with projectors) and be reliable. The same money you can spend on a cheap HID kit will go much farther with an H4 kit. I'd probably say the H4 kit + harness is my favorite upgrade so far.

Build Thread:
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #42
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I listened to the sound clip of your super44. Is it obnouxiously loud when driving? I want to get new exhaust but I want it to be noticibly loud but not retarded loud like you can hear it coming from 2 blocks down. I was thinking about the 50 series delta flow, what do you think?
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #43
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I have some updated videos. They were shot with my iphone which has horrible picture, but decent sound. This was also done at night. I have a cold, so thats why I sound retarded in the videos. You might have to turn the volume up to hear it. I had to drive and shoot, and some parts are boring.

These videos are to show the exhaust, as well as the H4 headlight conversion.

In this video my friend is recording me driving while sitting in the back seat with the hatch open. Basically what the exhaust sounds like right behind the jeep. You can hear him say "please don't hit a deer" in the beginning.

YouTube - jeepman3071's Channel

Its pretty quiet inside the jeep with the windows up and radio off

This is with the windows down

This is me pulling away... and driving in reverse

It was dark and we were on crappy backroads, so I couldn't really do a full throttle video. That was about half throttle. This weekend I will probably get one of me actually driving by the camera at normal speed during the day.

Build Thread:
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #44
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

hey yours sounds exactly like mine! go figure since it's almost the same exhaust setup.

YouTube - Jeep Cherokee Flowmaster Super 40 + Magnaflow Cat Exhaust Sound 2
YouTube - Jeep Cherokee Flowmaster Super 40 + Magnaflow Cat Exhaust Sound
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #45
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
Thanks man. What muffler do you have, original 40 series? I used to think all 40 series were the same. I had a super 40 with high flow cat and 2.5" piping before and it was pretty loud. Now I have all stock sized piping, stock replacement cat, and the super 44 offroad. I think its just as loud as the 2.5" piping. Your jeep might be louder than you think it is. Try driving with all the windows down or the fronts down and the backs cracked. Sounds a little louder, also louder if you drive with your head out the window. Have someone drive it away from you as your standing behind it and you will realize how loud it is. Mine is a lot louder outside than I thought it was. The 97+ XJs have very good sound proofing inside compared to the older ones.
lol i know its louder than stock, it prob just seems quiet to me cause before it i had a cherrybomb that dumbed before the rear lol o well.

yo install the lift yourself, its not that hard... you should only need coil compressor, and sockets to fit the u-bolts, shocks, and the bolts on the shackles. start hitting everything with PB blaster, will make your day much easier... i hit every bolt on mine for about a month and didnt break one bolt, not even a rear shock bolt

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.