Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #76
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Post a few pics of your current trackbar setup
I will when I get it all bolted up.

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #77
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Front's pretty much done. Just need to do some minor tweaking and then the rear begins. Didn't get many pictures of the final assembly.

You can see the new wiring and connector on top of the pumpkin in this pic. The old connector broke.

New ride height I had to pick up some spring isolators since the PO had the ACOS put on. Went with the 3/8" Daystar ones.

My little to do list:

Flip driver front brakeline
Get new brakeline frame clips
Bleed brakes again
Adjust caster (Easiest way to do this?)
Adjust pinion angle
Readjust Toe-in
Tighten all jam nuts on CA's and trackbar.
Reinstall steering stabilizer
Reinstall Antirock with longer links

Done? I think so.. . After I finish up the rear I hope the UA is in stock so I can get my driveshaft ordered. These tires look really small too . I miss wheeling it already though so it's going on the trails ASAP!
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #78
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks real good! Love your Jeep. Almost makes me wish I had gotten red.
LeeMasterGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #79
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
Looks real good! Love your Jeep. Almost makes me wish I had gotten red.
Thanks! I didn't really get much a choice on the color as I got it used, but I like it. Then again there's not really any factory color that doesn't look good.

So anyone have any tips for tightening the jam nut on the passenger upper? It's right next the to CA bracket and the exhaust and the wrench is too big to get in there. I'm thinking I either take the arm out and tighten it, or customize the box end my wrench to make it fit. I can get the axle end jam nut just fine.

Once I get that jam nut tightened, all I need to do is put my AR back on and adjust toe in. Then I can start the rear.
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #80
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Front is done! Toe-in set at 1/8", Pinion angle set for now, AR links installed, and the jam nuts are tightened to the point of ripping your shoulder out of your socket .

Got a few hours in on the rear.

Lowers loosely installed so I could droop the axle more to drop the springs.

Didn't really do anything in any particular order. Drilled and tapped the bumpstops. The drill barely fit in there.

Onto the rear trackbar bracket.It was pretty tight in there trying to drill all the holes. It's pretty much ready for welding as it sits.

Mocked up the rear trackbar for kicks. Looks like I have some exhaust interference. . I don't know what's going to happen with the exhaust after the TT either.

Also looks like the axle end of the trackbar doesen't fit into the mount very well. Going to have to open the mount up a bit.

Do I eve need the rear extended brakeline?? The rear drooped an awful lot before that thing ever got taut. Still waiting for the Savvy UA to be in stock too . I really hope I have it before I finish up the rear!
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #81
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Picked this up for the price of a HF winch. Never even opened the box. Any guesses on its purpose?

forumrunner_20130413_145610.jpg
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #82
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Suck down winch son!

Nice score.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #83
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Suck down winch son!

Nice score.
Ding ding ding!

I hate that weightlessness feel in the front when climbing steep stuff, so this should solve it! .

So the rear axle is ALMOST done. Haven't gotten a lot of opportunities to work on it. Since my trackbar hit my exhaust the first step required my second favorite tool. I didn't even bother trying to unbolt it.

My JJ didn't fit in the bracket but that was a pretty simple fix. All-thread and 2 nuts to spread the bracket.

Fits like a glove!

Next is to regrind it all.

Action shot!

Trackbar bracket done.

Installing upper arms. Don't know if I should put the parking cables above or below the arm?

Same with this traffic jam, don't really know if putting the arm above or below it is better.

All that remains is putting the last CA on, shocks, springs, bumpstops and center the axle. If i ever receive my extended sway bar links those need to go on too. The suckdown winch project will start after I have everything buttoned up and it's road worthy again.
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #84
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Craigslist SCORE!

Matching half doors, uppers, mirrors, and with keys all in immaculate shape for $300 Now I need to get the mirrors Line-Xed!

Unread 04-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #85
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'd put all that junk above the arm. The pictures of your front are confusing me.... I can't tell if the axle is at full droop or not, maybe it's about halfway. It looks like your springs have a lot of arch to them.... maybe you can extend your control arms some. The spring itself looks fully extended but your shock doesn't even look close. Have you put the front tires on yet to see how much up travel you have? NICE build up BTW. And great photos of the action. Just a little final tweaking maybe to get it all working together.

Edit: I didn't read down enough.... looks like you have it on it's front tires already. Everything look cool?
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #86
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I'd put all that junk above the arm. The pictures of your front are confusing me.... I can't tell if the axle is at full droop or not, maybe it's about halfway. It looks like your springs have a lot of arch to them.... maybe you can extend your control arms some. The spring itself looks fully extended but your shock doesn't even look close. Have you put the front tires on yet to see how much up travel you have? NICE build up BTW. And great photos of the action. Just a little final tweaking maybe to get it all working together.
Thanks for that, I put the parking cable on top of the passenger arm. Just no time during the week to work on it.

In the pic with the arched spring it's actually pretty close to ride height IIRC, but that was before I had adjusted any of the control arms. In that pic the lowers were sitting really short and the uppers really long so that explains the arched spring. I set it down on the ground then adjusted everything afterwards. I still need to tweak pinion angle when I get my TT in though.

Slowly it's coming together, This is my first time doing a lift so I'm learning stuff as I go and I'm sure fixing my dumb mistakes will be required . Getting some wheels off Craigslist tomorrow and hopefully some 35" MTR's pretty soon. I am going wheeling as soon as possible!
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #87
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie extended swaybar links finally arrived.

Also picked up 6 American Outlaw II wheels for $250. The guy painted them black so I'm going to blast and clearcoat them. They will be great until I can get some beadlocks.

Lastly pieced together the pulley for the suckdown winch at Mcfadden Dale. I need to look at AW12345s (Art) rig to get some ideas on how mount the actual winch.
1366155229295.jpg   1366155404854.jpg   1366155522932.jpg   1366155539336.jpg  
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #88
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be watching the suck down install closely. I've had that on my mind for a while now.
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #89
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I'll be watching the suck down install closely. I've had that on my mind for a while now.
I'll do a detailed write up on how I do it and how it works. The only other write up I've seen is Stu's.
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #90
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I'll do a detailed write up on how I do it and how it works. The only other write up I've seen is Stu's.
Look forward to the pics and write up .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.