Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #706
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Its in the Pirate nonhardcore section under their Niblet build. They haven't said much yet other than its a mid arm with pretty aluminum arms. Hoping its a 3/4 link
Yeah I saw that too. I wonder how it will compare vs buying everything yourself. Or what kind of geometry it will give you

_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #707
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post

Yeah I saw that too. I wonder how it will compare vs buying everything yourself. Or what kind of geometry it will give you
It'd be cool if it was a 3/4 link with good geometry and no rear trackbar. Depending on price id consider putting the Savvy arms on my my Dad's LJ and running that.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #708
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, sold em already.

Damm it lol
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #709
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Head north man and get away from all that smoke. Wheeling tomorrow in my hood....
Unread 05-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #710
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Head north man and get away from all that smoke. Wheeling tomorrow in my hood....
No smoke here. Sounds fun, little far for a last minute day trip though

How bout next weekend you come to Hi Desert roundup with us for some Stoddard Wells on Sat and Calico on Sunday. Just some good fun nothing too rough... I think
Unread 05-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #711
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi
No smoke here. Sounds fun, little far for a last minute day trip though How bout next weekend you come to Hi Desert roundup with us for some Stoddard Wells on Sat and Calico on Sunday. Just some good fun nothing too rough... I think
One day I'll get over my apprehension about doing an organized event..... Not this time though. Have fun man!
Unread 05-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #712
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
One day I'll get over my apprehension about doing an organized event..... Not this time though. Have fun man!
Sounds good, The Cal4wheel ones are fun and in our group it's usually not waiting on a bunch of newbies the whole time like Jeep Jamboree or something. The raffles are pretty good too.

Sundays just a few buds going wheelin though not part of the event.
Unread 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #713
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Moab run was semi organized
Unread 05-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #714
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had some fun at Hi Desert Roundup 2014, Stoddard Wells and Calico. Didn't get too many pics this time around because we were too busy wheelin.

Bam Bam went for the gatekeeper but ended up cutting a sidewall.

Lost my fender and put my first scratch in the rub rail too.

Unread 05-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #715
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also forgot I was chasing down some shimmys on the highway and found that the TRE on the passenger side is toast. I'm guessing from my Savvy tie rod not bending like Currie designed it. I think if I were to do the Currie steering setup again I would go with the regular tie rod.

Looks like it's not replaceable so new draglink for me I suppose. Or maybe time for some real steering.
Unread 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #716
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So anyone care to educate a newb on 4 links? I haven't found much info on what brackets/trusses everyone is using and I can't remember from everyone's builds. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Here's what I've come up with so far. Any experience with this stuff? All suggestions appreciated

http://shop.davescustomsunlimited.co...p/rst-2kit.htm

http://shop.davescustomsunlimited.co...d44truss-1.htm

http://www.artecindustries.com/Truss...nts_p_182.html

http://www.artecindustries.com/Dual-...air_p_253.html

http://www.artecindustries.com/Lower...air_p_252.html

And we'll start with one basic question for now. How did you do yours, leave the lowers where they are or tucked for clearance?
Unread 06-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #717
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like my lowers even with the axle tube, less to hang up on and helps with wheel hopping. Frame side to get good geometry they need to be a bit below the frame, but helps to move them inward of the frame rails a bit. Artec trusses are nice. Lot of the aftermarket stuff is a bit to tall for me gets into the floor, unless you run a ton of lift. By the way, you are welcome to swing by my house and take a look under my Jalopy to get an idea
Unread 06-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #718
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I like my lowers even with the axle tube, less to hang up on and helps with wheel hopping. Frame side to get good geometry they need to be a bit below the frame, but helps to move them inward of the frame rails a bit. Artec trusses are nice. Lot of the aftermarket stuff is a bit to tall for me gets into the floor, unless you run a ton of lift. By the way, you are welcome to swing by my house and take a look under my Jalopy to get an idea
I was thinking the same, I would be a happy camper if I didn't bang my CA and shock brackets all the time. What's your opinion on the Artec frame side mount I linked above? They look just like Poly to me. I didn't realize Artec came out with a rear truss for the 44. Looks alot beefier then the one I linked earlier. Thanks for that suggestion.

Thanks for the offer I might have to take you up on that. I definitely will be able to get a better idea of what I'm doing if I can check one out.
Unread 06-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #719
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was thinking the same, I would be a happy camper if I didn't bang my CA and shock brackets all the time. What's your opinion on the Artec frame side mount I linked above? They look just like Poly to me. I didn't realize Artec came out with a rear truss for the 44. Looks alot beefier then the one I linked earlier. Thanks for that suggestion.

Thanks for the offer I might have to take you up on that. I definitely will be able to get a better idea of what I'm doing if I can check one out.
Artec brackets are nice, Poly stuff works good also. My bud Curtis did a mid arm with those, damned thing works really well for a stock wheelbase TJ.
After 10AM tomorrow I should be tinkering, you are welcome to come by.
Unread 07-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #720
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like the 4 link on the TJ will be pushed back just a tad.

Pick it up on Saturday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.