Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #586
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your jeep is looking good on the moon-like terrain.

Unread 01-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #587
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's cool..... if you're into warm dry weather and great wheeling.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #588
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Your jeep is looking good on the moon-like terrain.
Thanks. It's some neat terrain out there for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
That's cool..... if you're into warm dry weather and great wheeling.
Uhhh who isn't? You guys can keep your -40 temperatures
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #589
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is an awesome looking place , I would love to check that out one day .
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #590
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That is an awesome looking place , I would love to check that out one day .
Well whenever you do make it out here I'd show you around. Only problem is there's so many great places out here like that it'd be hard to pick just a few to show you.
Unread 01-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #591
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Well whenever you do make it out here I'd show you around. Only problem is there's so many great places out here like that it'd be hard to pick just a few to show you.
I plan on spending 10 days or so out there while I am on the Rubicon . Dusy sounds really good , not sure what else we are going to try and see .
Unread 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #592
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan on spending 10 days or so out there while I am on the Rubicon . Dusy sounds really good , not sure what else we are going to try and see .
I'm not too familiar with the trails up north yet. If you weren't coming in August I would say definitely visit the Panamint Valley area. It is just plain awesome out there whether it's sightseeing or wheeling. One of my favorite places.

I do plan to do the Dusy with the trailer, despite people telling me it can't be done. Maybe we should prove them wrong?
Unread 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #593
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with the trails up north yet. If you weren't coming in August I would say definitely visit the Panamint Valley area. It is just plain awesome out there whether it's sightseeing or wheeling. One of my favorite places.

I do plan to do the Dusy with the trailer, despite people telling me it can't be done. Maybe we should prove them wrong?
I will have my trailer with me , whats the reasoning for not being able to make it with a trailer ? Are the turns that tight ?
Unread 01-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #594
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will have my trailer with me , whats the reasoning for not being able to make it with a trailer ? Are the turns that tight ?
You'll be fine on the Dusy with the trailer. There's a lot of trees to squeeze through but with a little driver ability I can't see there being an issue.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #595
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yesterday we went to Last Chance canyon. I was really surprised at how much cool stuff was out there. We went up the canyon, went to a bunch of mines, cabins, tunnels, and Burro Schmidt camp. My favorite was the Talc mines and the Burro Schmidt tunnel. We went all the way through the Burro Schmidt tunnel which is about a ~1/2 mile long hike into the side of a mountain. It was pretty awesome. My bud took some sweet pictures, but for now here's my dirty lens crappy camera pictures.

Naturally we found some rocks to get twisted up on.

The Red Buttes

Talc mine. In case you didn't know this stuff is just Borax.

A couple of my buds pictures from the Talc Mines.

I'll post up some of the pictures he took since I didn't get any good ones like the Burro Schmidt tunnel.

Where is all this stuff at? Me and my dad would love to see stuff like this, Tunnels and mines.
ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #596
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't even know, Maybe Thompson hill they were talking about? I'm not not worried about it since the Dusy doesen't look that hard, even if a little trailer scrapage happens against the trees that's what it's for.

I won't be bringing the trailer through Fordyce though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD View Post
Where is all this stuff at? Me and my dad would love to see stuff like this, Tunnels and mines.
You can get to it by going through Last Chance canyon Off of Randsburg-red rock road then offshooting different ways. I'm sure if you Google it you can get GPS coordinates but if you need some I can get them for you. IIRC the Talc mine is called the Holly cleanser mine, there is also the Dutch Cleanser mine nearby. Then the Burro Schmidt camp and tunnel. I didn't post pics but there's also some cabins and other neat stuff out there.

We'll be going out there again, might be a night run too. Now that I think about it if you looks at the Wells' book route I believe it hits most of the areas pictured.
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #597
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The part from Ershim lake to kaiser pass is a bit rough, but the trailer should just bounce over stuff.
When they do trail maintenance they haul stuff in on a few trailers

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #598
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
The part from Ershim lake to kaiser pass is a bit rough, but the trailer should just bounce over stuff.
When they do trail maintenance they haul stuff in on a few trailers
Sounds like its a good thing that I have bent up some tube for the front edge of the trailer .
Unread 02-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #599
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like its a good thing that I have bent up some tube for the front edge of the trailer .
You mean like this?

Started playing with the tube bender today making some supports so I can attach the stabilizer jacks. Little bonus is they will protect the fenders as well as be able to mount a small propane on them. There will be one on each corner.

What was the pool at for how many bends I would make before I'd get an air over hydro setup? Well not many I will be ordering one shortly. Even with a 5' cheater bar it's tough. I can't imagine trying to build a whole cage like this. I'm still trying to figure out springback and what not, but playing with tube is cool!
Unread 02-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #600
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What was the pool at for how many bends I would make before I'd get an air over hydro setup? Well not many I will be ordering one shortly. Even with a 5' cheater bar it's tough. I can't imagine trying to build a whole cage like this. I'm still trying to figure out springback and what not, but playing with tube is cool!
I knew I should have called Vegas to place my bet

The tube work looks good , in fact it looks like a six packs worth to ease up your back .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.