Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #46
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

double post

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #47
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Scored a sweeet deal on a powertank. Gotta love craigslist!

Attachment 588622

Going to mount it to the rollbar.
You would never see that here on CL. Nice score ...
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got the rest of the parts for my lift. trackbars, springs, shocks, JJ housing kit, mini skids, bumpstops,extended brakelines, JJ washers and probably a few other things im forgetting.

Started the process today too. Got the Novak in (oh my how nice it is) and going to install the lopro mount and tcase skid this weekend. Slowly but surely this thing is coming together!

So for anyone that actually reads this I will get pics later but heres a sneak peak of one of the goodies

forumrunner_20130321_180520.jpg
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #49
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Where did you get the Fox's ? Seems like a lot of people are leaning that direction as of late .
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #50
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You would never see that here on CL. Nice score ...
Yup the Powertank is badass! I needed an OBA and a York was too expensive and took up too much underhood room. I was planning to build my own CO2 but the PT (especially the regulator) is so much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Where did you get the Fox's ? Seems like a lot of people are leaning that direction as of late .
I got them from Savvy. I was going to get the Rancho 9000s but ended up going this route. I am so glad I did because you can just tell the build quality is so much better then any other shock I've owned. Plus I like to go fast in the desert .
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #51
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the rest of the goodies. JJ washers and longer AR links on the way.

Getting all this stuff on and going wheeling with the baby tires for a while. At least I won't get stuck everywhere due to the shovel and I'll have enough uptravel and better shocks to keep up with everyone else in the fast stuff.

It's a shame it will no longer be the lowrider Jeep in the group
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #52
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

PT bracket came in today. Its out of the way and very sturdy. I like it.

forumrunner_20130322_172952.jpg

Pic of Novak installed. Install was cake and this thing is awesome.

forumrunner_20130322_173046.jpg

Andd the shovel has shoveled for the last time . When i took it out rocks that I had shoeveled and broken were in there

forumrunner_20130322_173219.jpg

Heres where the lopro is sitting at. Next step is to cut and trim some stuff where marked.

forumrunner_20130322_173413.jpg

Need to trim this too so it sits flush.

forumrunner_20130322_173427.jpg

Thats where its at right now. Skid will probably be on by Saturday or Sunday. You would think one of the best smartphones out there would take better pictures. Maybe it's just me.
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well I ran into a few snags.

Went to install the skid and LoPro and couldn't get the holes to line up. Messed with it for a good 4 hours before I put it on top of the stock skid to find out that the holes were drilled wrong. Along with that the exhaust hanger bracket the instructions told me to cut didn't need to be cut at all. When I had the skid up the T-case hit the tub (no big deal really but I was under the impression I wouldn't have to clearance the tub) and the LoPro didn't line up worth a damn either.

So being that this is the 2nd time I have issues with UCF I am going to return the skid and get the Savvy UA . I just need to decide if I want the modular or the "full" under armor (if anyone reads this thread suggestions would be appreciated). Both are out of stock and Geralds in Moab so I'll just slap the stock skid back on and start the suspension next since my JJ washers arrived.
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #54
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. And I know which ever way you go, full or modular UA, you can't go wrong.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #55
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have the full under armor , and after some tweaking its great . The issues I had have been fixed , so other than fighting the exhaust you shouldnt have too many issues with either of the set ups .
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #56
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The only differences I see is that the modular is cheaper, and the full under armor has countersunk bolts all around. Other then that I dont really see much of a difference.

I sure am glad I put Savvy motor mount blocks. I do expect the exhaust to give up a fight. Since you both have Rubis did you have to clearance the tub for the t-case? What did you do with the locker pumps?
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #57
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't got a chance to install mine yet... Looking like I'll be doing it in the next couple weeks. I'm tryin to decide if I should just get the Savvy MML and make it a little easier for me to install.

So I'm curious as well.

Edit: I may try to find a spot under the hood for the locker pumps. That is if I can find a spot with the hilines.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #58
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You could always drill and tap whatever motor mount block you have now. Savvy block might just be easier though.

I read where someone used self tapping screws in the bottom of the tub to hold the pumps up. Locating them under the hood is probably the best bet but I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of that.
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #59
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking either go simple/take the easy route and get the blocks, or make my own front brace.

As for the pumps, I more than likely wont move them, as I haaate dealing with electrical, unless I have to, so I'll prob do what you're saying and screw them to the tub.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #60
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I was thinking either go simple/take the easy route and get the blocks, or make my own front brace.

As for the pumps, I more than likely wont move them, as I haaate dealing with electrical, unless I have to, so I'll prob do what you're saying and screw them to the tub.
Blocks are probably the easiest. Taking the old block out and slipping the new one in would be alot faster then dealing with making your own brace.

Yes I hate electrical as well which is why I don't want to underhood mount. Plus I would like to leave that ABS space for when the locker blows and I put an ARB pump there. I guess we will see what happens, I would prefer a higher quality job so I may just suffer and do the underhood mount First I need to decide what skid I want though .

For anyone in So.Cal looks like I'm going to be selling my UCF engine skid.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.