Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #466
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Since I bent my fender been thinking about tubes since I know it's bound to happen again. I'm on the fence though because I sorta like my stock fenders.

Thinking about these. Good price and no flare like I want. Just wish they had better pics and not so sucky instructions. If anyone knows any other options that aren't $600+ post em up. I want to keep my inner fender since my suckdown winch clears what I have now.I really like Genrights and PSC's but they are way too expensive for something cosmetic, that kind of money is best put towards the regear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ccfabs-Jeep-...item4ac831d83e

I'm thinking it's time for a tube bender...

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #467
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dang those are pretty cool! Especially for the dirt cheap price. You could have a lot of fun welding those up, grinding down the welds... use a little filler, paint em up nice. Sounds like a cool project to be honest.
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #468
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Either bend or find some tube fenders that in the front slope back at an angle instead of the usual round front corner. Clears rocks and what not better so the tube fender does not get shoved into the tub as easily
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #469
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Dang those are pretty cool! Especially for the dirt cheap price. You could have a lot of fun welding those up, grinding down the welds... use a little filler, paint em up nice. Sounds like a cool project to be honest.
That's what I was thinking, seems like a fun easy project. Can't really find much info/pics on these fenders though, kinda weird since they are priced nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Either bend or find some tube fenders that in the front slope back at an angle instead of the usual round front corner. Clears rocks and what not better so the tube fender does not get shoved into the tub as easily
If I'm understanding correctly I can't think of any that are like that. I'll have to go back through your thread and check out yours.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #470
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
That's what I was thinking, seems like a fun easy project. Can't really find much info/pics on these fenders though, kinda weird since they are priced nicely.

If I'm understanding correctly I can't think of any that are like that. I'll have to go back through your thread and check out yours.
I think hes talking about a negative flare vs a zero flare. Those look like a cool project and for the price are hard to beat
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #471
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
I think hes talking about a negative flare vs a zero flare. Those look like a cool project and for the price are hard to beat
Don't like the negatives they look kinda funny to me. I'll order these up once I finish the trailer. Should have enough paint leftover for a color match.

Speaking of the trailer just sold my hardtop to fund the rest of it. Good riddance to that thing
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #472
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am talking about this

Unread 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #473
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ah I see. Maybe if i can find a tube bender for a decent price between now and then I'll go that route. Seem easy enough to make.
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #474
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes they are, the ones on my big Jeep are 2 tubes, 2 pieces of angle iron and some aluminum to skin it.
For inner fenders cut the outer part of the stock fenders off and just mount the tube fender over it
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #475
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got a really good deal on TJM synthetic rope so i decided to try it out. Came with 100'of rope, hook, fairlead, and rock sleeve. Sure seems to me like 125' would fit on the drum but oh well. The hook is super beefy and very secure but i cant suck it up to the fairlead unfortunately.

Ill probably order the repair kit from viking as well as some more of the velcro rock sleeves.

Another thing to note.. my 9.5ti is really hard to freespool. It was rebuilt 3 yrs ago too.
1384712047684.jpg  
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #476
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That looks sweet. Synthetic line is on my to do list. I wouldnt mind having a shorter line and carrying an extension so you can get to your winches max pull rating sooner without having to pull out a bunch of line
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #477
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
That looks sweet. Synthetic line is on my to do list. I wouldnt mind having a shorter line and carrying an extension so you can get to your winches max pull rating sooner without having to pull out a bunch of line
Yep.. We'll see how I like it compared to steel. So far I like how easy it is to handle. Also I like the new fairlead as it doesn't stick out as far.. I whacked the old one a lot.

Normally plenty of stuff to winch to close by so I'm not worried about the shorter length I do have a 66' extension if that were to ever happen though
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #478
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I held onto my hook for as long as I could stand it. I never liked how it would rattle around. I eventually found a reason to replace it, with a thimble.

Pricey, but nice. Just not having the rattle made it worth the money to me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #479
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Looks good. I held onto my hook for as long as I could stand it. I never liked how it would rattle around. I eventually found a reason to replace it, with a thimble.

Pricey, but nice. Just not having the rattle made it worth the money to me.
The thimbles are definitely nice I almost bought one.. but like you say pricey. The F55 loaded thimble costs almost as much as I paid for this whole package.
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #480
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

More trailerin.

Got the roof top tent.. Comfy It's sure gonna beat trying to set up a tent on the ground. It's super easy to set up. Scored an amazing deal on this thing..

Started on the 3 axis coupler. It's pretty sweet... Still need some more parts to finish it and change some things up a bit.

1st axis..

2nd axis.

Still haven't got the floor but I did add some more floor supports so the floor doesn't get wavy again like all these trailers do. Also measured up everything and ordered the axle. Got it built to my specs and I did add brakes to it. Lastly I managed to find 2 American racing wheels on CL just like on my Jeep, so the trailer and Jeep will have matching wheels

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.