Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #406
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Bummer that the floor is swiss cheese but not terribly surprising .
Yea I wasnt surprised since its 66 years old. I really cant complain, the rest of it is in good shape and the floors easy enough to fix.

Now if I can find some time to work on this thing before it rusts again..

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #407
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did a quick little Sunday run up to Stoddard Wells. Awesome 4 wheeling and we didn't even hit any of the real tough trails. We did Achey Breaky, parts of Pumpkin Eater and a bunch of other canyons. These trails look like they haven't been traversed in forever.

No fantastic pictures but here's a few. I have some short vids too.

SW by Moabrubi, on Flickr

SW1 by
SW3 by Moabrubi, on Flickr/]Moabrubi[/url], on Flickr

SW2 by Moabrubi, on Flickr
Unread 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #408
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Stevewas showing you around was he? Have him run you through Richie's crack, has a pretty cool climb
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #409
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Stevewas showing you around was he? Have him run you through Richie's crack, has a pretty cool climb
Yup. We are definitely going back, there was so many canyons we drove by. I'll have to check out Richies crack next time.
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #410
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You guys are lucky to have so much open land to wheel on .Keep up the good fight and need I say it ? Great pics ...
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #411
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You guys are lucky to have so much open land to wheel on .Keep up the good fight and need I say it ? Great pics ...
Yes we are. Too many places not enough time!
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #412
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Yes we are. Too many places not enough time!
There's never "too many" places....time is the only issue.

Good luck in the October TJOTM contest.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #413
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

There's never "too many" places....time is the only issue.

Good luck in the October TJOTM contest.
Agreed, now where did I put that winning lottery ticket?

Oh and thanks!
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #414
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't really like posting in tech so I'll post it up here first.

So when wheeling I'll be in 1st gear, low range, clutch out, just cruising at low RPM's (not lugging) over some medium sized rocks or whatever the Jeep lunges pretty aggressively which makes me have to stab the clutch and hit the brake. It's feels to me like the computer thinks the Jeep is going to stall and gives it gas I didn't even know that TJ's do this?

It's extremely annoying. Is it normal? The LJ with the auto doesn't do it. Maybe it's time to trade the TJ in for a CJ
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #415
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't really like posting in tech so I'll post it up here first.

So when wheeling I'll be in 1st gear, low range, clutch out, just cruising at low RPM's (not lugging) over some medium sized rocks or whatever the Jeep lunges pretty aggressively which makes me have to stab the clutch and hit the brake. It's feels to me like the computer thinks the Jeep is going to stall and gives it gas I didn't even know that TJ's do this?

It's extremely annoying. Is it normal? The LJ with the auto doesn't do it. Maybe it's time to trade the TJ in for a CJ
It's normal, and you're exactly right.... the computer senses the RPM drop below a certain threshold, and tries to compensate. If I don't need to be going as slow as idle speed, I set my hand throttle and am able to be much smoother. The Jeep will also do this to compensate for increased accessory load such as power steering or the A/C compressor turning on.
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #416
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
It's normal, and you're exactly right.... the computer senses the RPM drop below a certain threshold, and tries to compensate. If I don't need to be going as slow as idle speed, I set my hand throttle and am able to be much smoother. The Jeep will also do this to compensate for increased accessory load such as power steering or the A/C compressor turning on.
That's what I thought. I thought TJ's were supposed to be simple? Hehe. I don't really have any problems except at idle speed so I don't think a hand throttle will help me much. I will say I don't remember it doing it so often before I went to 35's.

Stupid Jeep just let me be in control!
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #417
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's what I thought. I thought TJ's were supposed to be simple? Hehe. I don't really have any problems except at idle speed so I don't think a hand throttle will help me much. I will say I don't remember it doing it so often before I went to 35's.

Stupid Jeep just let me be in control!
If you didn't re-gear it makes sense that it would happen more, you are basically running a numerically lower overall gear ratio, causing less efficient use of your off idle available engine torque. I can't remember if you re-geared.
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #418
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
If you didn't re-gear it makes sense that it would happen more, you are basically running a numerically lower overall gear ratio, causing less efficient use of your off idle available engine torque. I can't remember if you re-geared.
Unfortunately still running 4.10s. I was going to get it geared but the trailer build kinda took over, you know how it goes. I'm thinkin some 5.13s over 4.88s like originally planned though.
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #419
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

5.13's for SURE.
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #420
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think so too... 4.88 on the left and 5.13 on the right. Not that huge of a difference but it makes sense for my uses to do 5.13's.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.