Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #361
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

I probably had the most fun in my TJ at cougar buttes when it was mostly stock. When I go back i am definetly doing some of the harder offshoots.

Yours would do just fine .

Theres plenty of trails there that wouldnt be boring on a rig on 35s. Hammerdown and Hardrock come to mind.

Bullfrog is still fun for me even on 35s
Don't get me wrong i love cougar buttes and its one of my fav places to wheel.But I like challenging myself. So I like To try new stuff off the Beatin path

My brother and i can run Cake walk bull frog and hammer down all in about an hour. Hammer down is the hardest out of the three. But still not to difficult imo. Defiantly fun trails though. I have run them many times will continue to go back to CB

Have not heard of or seen hardrock. I would like to run that one

I'm planning on spending quite a few weekends out at the hammers this year Been wanting to play out there for awhile and my rig is finally ready now

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #362
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Don't get me wrong i love cougar buttes and its one of my fav places to wheel.But I like challenging myself. So I like To try new stuff off the Beatin path

My brother and i can run Cake walk bull frog and hammer down all in about an hour. Hammer down is the hardest out of the three. But still not to difficult imo. Defiantly fun trails though. I have run them many times will continue to go back to CB

Have not heard of or seen hardrock. I would like to run that one

I'm planning on spending quite a few weekends out at the hammers this year Been wanting to play out there for awhile and my rig is finally ready now
Well once you've played at the Hammers everything else is easy, hehe. Wish I could join ya for that one. But don't think I'm ready yet

Art and his crew know the area really well. I believe one of the guys is the one who builds all the trails out there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind showing us around. I know some of the trails out there his group reccomends 37"
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #363
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Well once you've played at the Hammers everything else is easy, hehe. Wish I could join ya for that one. But don't think I'm ready yet

Art and his crew know the area really well. I believe one of the guys is the one who builds all the trails out there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind showing us around. I know some of the trails out there his group reccomends 37"
Your rig is ready.... you just might not be able to run them in minutes without even getting out to spot like Art. ALL of these trails are doable with 35's IMO. It's just gonna take a little longer, you're gonna scrape some more stuff and it's going to be awesome.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #364
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Your rig is ready.... you just might not be able to run them in minutes without even getting out to spot like Art. ALL of these trails are doable with 35's IMO. It's just gonna take a little longer, you're gonna scrape some more stuff and it's going to be awesome.
Ha, we will see. Get these corners then try some of the "easier" trails first.
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #365
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is plenty of stuff to crawl on at Cougar Buttes that will shame a Jeep on 35's, Then there more than plenty of stuff that will seriously challenge a Jeep on 35's.
You just got to look, we are heading out there next weekend to put togehter another trail for 37's or bigger.
If you think Cougar Buttes is all easy try this stuff

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/aar...?sort=3&page=1

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/aar...?sort=9&page=1

Go try it and there is plenty more.

Lot of the Hammers was doable on 35's, has gotten considerably more challenging, still you want a taste of it, go with a few peeps with well built well preprared Jeeps and try Sledge, Turkeyclaw and Sun Bonnet those are doable on 35's to a point where you do not destroy your Jeep, will beat the snot out of it, but they will stay together

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #366
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have been all over cougar buttes

Very fun place that has thousands of possible lines from mild to wild that is no doubt

I was not sayin that CB is boring or easy, not in the least. But the three main trails I mentioned I have ran many times and those are getting kinda old and boring to myself

I have made tons of my own lines out there. Very fun terrain

And I'll be takin my Lil jeep out to the hammers end of the month with Blaine and his group, so ill be in good company

I'm planning on running those trails as well as a few others

Nuff said...
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #367
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I have been all over cougar buttes

Very fun place that has thousands of possible lines from mild to wild that is no doubt

I was not sayin that CB is boring or easy, not in the least. But the three main trails I mentioned I have ran many times and those are getting kinda old and boring to myself

I have made tons of my own lines out there. Very fun terrain

And I'll be takin my Lil jeep out to the hammers end of the month with Blaine and his group, so ill be in good company

I'm planning on running those trails as well as a few others
Have fun, the old man is finally wandering away from his house again lol, He ought to get out more often

Unread 09-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #368
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well the Jeeps loaded up for Motino wash tomorrow..

Nothing extreme but good fun especially after the recent rains up there. if any of you guys want to come out then 7:00am at the Cafe 247.
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #369
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well Motino wash was interesting

Made it about 1/8th of a mile in and Phils Jeep died, wouldn't start. Tried for about an hour to get it to start but couldn't find the problem. So we resorted to plan B and decided to tow him back out. Some winching and strapping to swing his *** end got him going the other way, made it about 30 ft then the tow hook ripped off. In the process of that the steering box broke and he had no steering.

Managed to get the wheels pointed the right way, made it a little ways then he got wedged and ripped the other tow hook off. So we used a ratchet strap and a Jeep to point the wheels the right way, tied a strap to the axle (no other choice) and made it the rest of the way back to 247.For some reason the steering worked again in Rattlesnake Cyn.

Oh yea, about half way down the canyon his tire carrier fell off too So it was a pretty interesting day!

Some cell phone pics since I forgot my camera

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #370
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bummer about your run man. That guy has some bad luck. I think he was the same guy who broke a tie tod end on the first obstacle on dishpan last time
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #371
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Bummer about your run man. That guy has some bad luck. I think he was the same guy who broke a tie tod end on the first obstacle on dishpan last time
Yea thats him, but on Dishpan he broke the tie rod in half. No idea how that one happened.

Its not so much bad luck as it is lack of maintenance. That old XJ is beat and not taken care of at all.
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #372
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yea thats him, but on Dishpan he broke the tie rod in half. No idea how that one happened.

Its not so much bad luck as it is lack of maintenance. That old XJ is beat and not taken care of at all.
Then it's about time to tell they guy to go wheel with somebody else. I hate having to deal with somebodies broke crap on the trail. Once is one thing, and stuff happens, but lack of maintenance or poorly built vehicle there is no excuse for that

Unread 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #373
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
then it's about time to tell they guy to go wheel with somebody else. I hate having to deal with somebodies broke crap on the trail. Once is one thing, and stuff happens, but lack of maintenance or poorly built vehicle there is no excuse for that
x2

Nuff said...
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #374
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Then it's about time to tell they guy to go wheel with somebody else. I hate having to deal with somebodies broke crap on the trail. Once is one thing, and stuff happens, but lack of maintenance or poorly built vehicle there is no excuse for that
Ya I agree with you, if your Jeeps a piece of crap then dont bring it out. This is my first time with this guy that hes broken so im not upset, but I know Steve has wheeled with him quite a bit and he breaks alot.
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #375
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ya I agree with you, if your Jeeps a piece of crap then dont bring it out. This is my first time with this guy that hes broken so im not upset, but I know Steve has wheeled with him quite a bit and he breaks alot.
Yeah same reason I want my jeep to be built a little better before i try all the fun stuff. No one wants to be "that guy"
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.