Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #346
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Well at the very least... get some kind of A pillar bar in there. Every flop or roll I see with out one, the windshield is instantly demolished and usually caving in towards the passenger compartment.
We'll see. I'd rather do it once then get something in there that I'll just end up tearing out later.

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #347
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
We'll see. I'd rather do it once then get something in there that I'll just end up tearing out later.
Good point! I wish it was an easier subject to figure out. Reading that TJ cage thread with Blaine's philosophy makes you just not want to do anything with it, or go all out so I understand where you're coming from.
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #348
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good point! I wish it was an easier subject to figure out. Reading that TJ cage thread with Blaine's philosophy makes you just not want to do anything with it, or go all out so I understand where you're coming from.
I talked to Blaine about cages a bit when I went over there to get my bearings pressed on. He makes some really good points which is why I'm skeptical.

I was feeling pretty confident about doing it but then I remembered all the problems with it. Lol.
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #349
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

I talked to Blaine about cages a bit when I went over there to get my bearings pressed on. He makes some really good points which is why I'm skeptical.

I was feeling pretty confident about doing it but then I remembered all the problems with it. Lol.
I'm probably just gonna put a "glorified cb rack" in my jeep

Either ill go all out or leave it alone basically

Getting in and out of it all the time with door bars would get real old

Hanging out with Blaine, he really makes you think

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #350
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I'm probably just gonna put a "glorified cb rack" in my jeep

Either ill go all out or leave it alone basically

Getting in and out of it all the time with door bars would get real old

Hanging out with Blaine, he really makes you think
Yea.. door bars, cross brace across the B pillar, harnesses, would make the Jeep a pain in a lot of cases.

I think I learned more in the couple hours I talked to Blaine then anywhere else! Really enjoyed going over there.

Are you going to be at the offroad expo this year? I talked to you last year @ the Savvy booth.
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #351
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hear ya. I have learned alot from him

And not sure where I'll be at expo. But... I will be there

Maybe we can get a few guys together to meet up before the expo and convoy over there

Nuff said...
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #352
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hear ya. I have learned alot from him

And not sure where I'll be at expo. But... I will be there

Maybe we can get a few guys together to meet up before the expo and convoy over there
Ill be checking everything out everything like always. Hopefully not spend any money or get any bad ideas

Thatd be cool to put some faces to the names on the forum.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #353
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ill be checking everything out everything like always. Hopefully not spend any money or get any bad ideas

Thatd be cool to put some faces to the names on the forum.
Well i got you two covered already. But i'll be at the expo as well. What we need to do is get some trail runs going
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #354
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post

Well i got you two covered already. But i'll be at the expo as well. What we need to do is get some trail runs going
The CA section here is pretty dead. the only reason I go to that other forum is because they have a lot more runs.

I think we need to do a little Socal JF Cougar Buttes run. Keep my number for these future trail rides.
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #355
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The CA section here is pretty dead. the only reason I go to that other forum is because they have a lot more runs.

I think we need to do a little Socal JF Cougar Buttes run. Keep my number for these future trail rides.
Lets make it happen once it cools off. I have 4 TJs in my group alone. I think we can get some fun runs going. Im going to need 35s asap
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #356
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_

Lets make it happen once it cools off. I have 4 TJs in my group alone. I think we can get some fun runs going. Im going to need 35s asap
No need for 35's at cougar buttes. 33's are just fine as well as 31's and some good driving and a locker or two

35's make the main trails there boring for me atleast. I'm always venturing off and playing on the awesome uncharted terrain

It is a great place. Lots of room to learn and it's much more forgiving than the hammers

There is a bypass for just about every obstacle and your not stuck in the middle of a big rock filled canyon so it's less stressful

One of my Fav places to mess around

You and your buddy Carlos have still yet to come play on the rocks by my house. I got lots of cool **** just like cougar buttes actually

Nuff said...
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #357
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No need for 35's at cougar buttes. 33's are just fine as well as 31's and some good driving and a locker or two

35's make the main trails there boring for me atleast. I'm always venturing off and playing on the awesome uncharted terrain

It is a great place. Lots of room to learn and it's much more forgiving than the hammers

There is a bypass for just about every obstacle and your not stuck in the middle of a big rock filled canyon so it's less stressful

You and your buddy Carlos have still yet to come play on the rocks by my house. I got lots of cool **** just like cougar buttes actually
Like I told Moabrubi. Once i finish this engine skid im down to try anything and everything
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #358
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
I probably had the most fun in my TJ at cougar buttes when it was mostly stock. When I go back i am definetly doing some of the harder offshoots.

Yours would do just fine .

Quote:

Theres plenty of trails there that wouldnt be boring on a rig on 35s. Hammerdown and Hardrock come to mind.

Bullfrog is still fun for me even on 35s
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #359
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to join in on this when it happens.
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #360
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd like to join in on this when it happens.
Awesome. CB is a blast you won't be dissapointed.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.