Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #256
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
That's pretty good and I've heard good things about them too. I just added 5 of them to my cart and it's $1500. Ouch... I think my cheap craigslist wheels will do for now.

Maybe I'll get lucky and score a used set of nice beadlocks for a good deal.
25% of would make it 375 bucks cheaper

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #257
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
Sounds like a sweet trail. Any pics of the wheeling?
Unfortunately no. The group I was with was trying to win King of the Hammers or something so we never stopped and got pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
25% of would make it 375 bucks cheaper
I think I'm going to do a power steering cooler and beef up the roll cage a bit next. Beadlocks aren't a high priority at the moment.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #258
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My G2 rear chromos arrived today. Mac at Transamerican (formerly Superior) along with many others said they are made in the exact same place as Ten Factory and all the other ones. I decided on these because they were $60 cheaper then the Ten's and come with the retaining plate.

Bearings, retainer plates and all the other stuff.

I wanted to pick up some spare U-Joints for my driveshaft and I got 2 for the price of 1. Not bad.

Blaine said he would press the bearings on for nothing since I couldn't find anyone who had a big enough press
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #259
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My G2 rear chromos arrived today. Mac at Transamerican (formerly Superior) along with many others said they are made in the exact same place as Ten Factory and all the other ones. I decided on these because they were $60 cheaper then the Ten's and come with the retaining plate.

Bearings, retainer plates and all the other stuff.

I wanted to pick up some spare U-Joints for my driveshaft and I got 2 for the price of 1. Not bad.

Blaine said he would press the bearings on for nothing since I couldn't find anyone who had a big enough press
That's pretty coon of Blaine. Any 10 ton press will do the trick.
Visiting him, looking at his work and getting your bearings pressed on for free is hard to beat though

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #260
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's pretty coon of Blaine. Any 10 ton press will do the trick.
Visiting him, looking at his work and getting your bearings pressed on for free is hard to beat though
Brothers has a press but they wanted an outrageous amount to do it. One of these days I'll make some space and get a press of my own though.

I know there are some pretty sweet Jeeps there to look at there which will give me all kinds of ideas. I fear that when I leave I will want all kinds of extra goodies even more. Dang Jeep is never done!!
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #261
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen skid arrived today. Slapped it on in no time. Seems to me that Rokmen has better quality control then most, this went on with no issues. I also like that they use carriage bolts on the bottom vs allens. Taking the old engine skid off was always a PITA due to the rocks stripping the allen heads.

Unread 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #262
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Rokmen skid arrived today. Slapped it on in no time. Seems to me that Rokmen has better quality control then most, this went on with no issues. I also like that they use carriage bolts on the bottom vs allens. Taking the old engine skid off was always a PITA due to the rocks stripping the allen heads.

What would you guess the rokmen skids weigh?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #263
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like that style bolt alot better. My allen head bolts get destroyed and are a pita to remove afterwards.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #264
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
What would you guess the rokmen skids weigh?
Engine skid is 42lbs. Tcase skid maybe 60? They are fairly heavy but not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I like that style bolt alot better. My allen head bolts get destroyed and are a pita to remove afterwards.
I really don't know why he puts those allen heads they just plain suck. He really should countersink them or use carriage bolts.
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #265
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got the bearings pressed and chromos installed. Blaine is a cool guy, pressed my bearings on for free and talked Jeeps for a while. He certainly knows his stuff.

Not much to it. Drivers side took about 30 minutes trying to get the stupid race out of the axle tube. Passenger side was in and out in less then 10 minutes.

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #266
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We ran John Bull today. Fun little trail, it's gotten really dug out from the last time I've been on it. Made for lots of good wheeling fun with some winching action too.

I had to winch up the second obstacle that's the hardest. My buddy ahead of me got stuck on the easier line and he doesn't have a winch so I had to take the hard line to get around him to winch him up. I couldn't get any traction and kept nailing my diff so I just winched myself up. I think I winched a total of 5 rigs up that obstacle. It's pretty rough.

Better pictures are on the way. One of the guys took a lot of good pictures of us especially at the hard obstacle.

Unread 06-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #267
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That looks awsome. I want to run john bull soon. Looking forward to the pics
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #268
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
That looks awsome. I want to run john bull soon. Looking forward to the pics
The way it is now its tough without lockers. We had a JKU on 35s with no lockers and we got him through with some good spotting. I had to drag him all through the second obstacle though

Let me know when you do. I really need to go back and conquer that second obstacle on the right side instead.
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #269
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We ran John Bull today. Fun little trail, it's gotten really dug out from the last time I've been on it. Made for lots of good wheeling fun with some winching action too.

I had to winch up the second obstacle that's the hardest. My buddy ahead of me got stuck on the easier line and he doesn't have a winch so I had to take the hard line to get around him to winch him up. I couldn't get any traction and kept nailing my diff so I just winched myself up. I think I winched a total of 5 rigs up that obstacle. It's pretty rough.

Better pictures are on the way. One of the guys took a lot of good pictures of us especially at the hard obstacle.

My lil Jeep has done that obstacle, to the right, to the left (gets awfull tippy, needs good spotting) and last summer drove up the middle, took a few tries to find the sweet spot but made it without spotting or assistance

Unread 06-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #270
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My lil Jeep has done that obstacle, to the right, to the left (gets awfull tippy, needs good spotting) and last summer drove up the middle, took a few tries to find the sweet spot but made it without spotting or assistance
It has really changed a lot! Last time I was up there a year ago it was pretty simple, any Jeep could make it with some good driving. I know I could have made the right side no problem, but there was a Jeep in the way .

The way I tried to go I just couldn't get any dang traction. The sand on top of the rocks makes it pretty difficult and I kept sliding sideways. The place I could get traction just sent my diff straight into a rock. If I was persistent enough I would have made it, but we were starting to block the trail so I just decided to winch for timesake. A few made it up the right side unassisted but they stacked a ton of rocks.

I'll get the pictures here pretty soon so you can see how different it is.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.