Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #241
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing like a run to cleghorn. Looks like you had a good time, the jeep looks great, kind of a sleeper jeep I like the look.
Your right that first hill is very steep in person, I haven't gone back in a while but I tried that hill and couldn't go up because my tranny would slip and I would go backwards uncontrollably. Got my deep pan done so I wanna try it now with the deep pan, but a buddy of mine has made it up that hill stock wheelbase and a front locker. One thing I really hate is the wind at that hill, never gone with out it being like a tornado!

Unread 05-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #242
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

jeeps lookin good! I like the front plate

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #243
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Me having some fun on Cleggy

Unread 05-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #244
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Nice! Glad to see you had some fun with the jeep! That's what it's all about!
Building was fun, but I prefer wheeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
Nothing like a run to cleghorn. Looks like you had a good time, the jeep looks great, kind of a sleeper jeep I like the look.
Your right that first hill is very steep in person, I haven't gone back in a while but I tried that hill and couldn't go up because my tranny would slip and I would go backwards uncontrollably. Got my deep pan done so I wanna try it now with the deep pan, but a buddy of mine has made it up that hill stock wheelbase and a front locker. One thing I really hate is the wind at that hill, never gone with out it being like a tornado!
I tried the hill without the winch sucked down and the front just picked up like SWB Jeeps do. That's cool your buddy made it on stock wheelbase though. I was tempted to try the hill more to the right that is really steep and loose but decided not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
jeeps lookin good! I like the front plate
Thanks, me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Me having some fun on Cleggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzJeyJNY6Q
I need a tinkertoy Jeep like you Art.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #245
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Cleghorn might not be the hardest trail but I always have fun at least on that first hill, we stay there for like 30 min going up and down on all the sides.
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #246
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah Cleghorn might not be the hardest trail but I always have fun at least on that first hill, we stay there for like 30 min going up and down on all the sides.
I like it because it's close to my house and has good spots to get flexy and test everything out . I don't go there often though because there are so many better places.

So I found I only have 3 minor bugs to work out. Need to push the front axle towards the drivers side a tad, Rear spring perches need to be clearanced a little more as the shocks just barely kiss them. And the U-Joint ears on the front axle are rubbing on eachother at full lock. Not sure how I'm going to about this one yet.

Can't complain. I honestly thought I would have a lot more issues.
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #247
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah 30 min drive from my house, good place to test out
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #248
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Plan was to go wheeling today but I didn't have time to clearance my shock perch some more. Everything else got fixed though.

So spent the day tinkering with the trailer. Welded some new D rings and ended up using some Grade 70 truckers chain and some chain binders. I just used the D rings on my bumpers to attach the chains since they are more then adequate to hold the Jeep. To tighten the front all you do is just hook it up and reverse the Jeep, Tighten the rear with the chain binders. Also I was going to tie the rear to the axle, but there was no way I could have done it without ripping the hard brakeline off the axle.

We took it up for a quick run up Cajon Pass and the Jeep was solid. None of the chains ever got loose like straps do either.
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #249
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Decisions decisions... The rock monsters are pretty dang sweet.

Wheeling tomorrow too .
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #250
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well ran Heartbreak ridge and Hosethief flats yesterday. Heartbreak ridge was a bit of a heartbreak, this trail is rated difficult in the wells book but wasn't difficult at all. Horsethief was a neat little trail that goes down into a valley, the climb back out was pretty fun. Still had fun and enjoyed both trails.

I didn't get any pictures since the group I was with was driving pretty fast.

Th only carnage for the day was when the gas pump decided it didn't want to shut off on its own. I ended up having gas shooting (literally shooting) out of the filler. There was so much pressure in the tank that it was still shooting out for a couple seconds after I shut the pump off. Of course in the process I got covered in gas I guess the moral of the story is don't stand away from the pump.
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #251
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The wheels on the third pic are sweet.

Where are those trails at ?
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #252
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Racelines for the win, Robert from rkhaus is selling them for 25% off
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #253
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The wheels on the third pic are sweet.

Where are those trails at ?
The Walker Evans are pretty sweet and I would like to find a set used. They cost more new then any other beadlock I like. Heck they cost more then the rock monsters that are double beadlocks. I really like those or the racelines. I will probably make a decision when I can actually afford them .

Those trails are off of Hwy 38 pretty close to Big Bear. We started at I believe 2n01 off 38 and ended up on Hwy 18 a couple miles from BB. I tracked the whole route with my GPS so I can post that if you would like.

If you haven't done it I recommend you do Horsethief Flats. It's not a very long trail and it's a one way in/out kind of deal, but I really enjoyed it even though it's not difficult. I'm thinking of planning an 2 day trip in BB and spending a night at the bottom when it cools down a bit.
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #254
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Racelines for the win, Robert from rkhaus is selling them for 25% off
That's pretty good and I've heard good things about them too. I just added 5 of them to my cart and it's $1500. Ouch... I think my cheap craigslist wheels will do for now.

Maybe I'll get lucky and score a used set of nice beadlocks for a good deal.
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #255
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
The Walker Evans are pretty sweet and I would like to find a set used. They cost more new then any other beadlock I like. Heck they cost more then the rock monsters that are double beadlocks. I really like those or the racelines. I will probably make a decision when I can actually afford them .

Those trails are off of Hwy 38 pretty close to Big Bear. We started at I believe 2n01 off 38 and ended up on Hwy 18 a couple miles from BB. I tracked the whole route with my GPS so I can post that if you would like.

If you haven't done it I recommend you do Horsethief Flats. It's not a very long trail and it's a one way in/out kind of deal, but I really enjoyed it even though it's not difficult. I'm thinking of planning an 2 day trip in BB and spending a night at the bottom when it cools down a bit.

Sounds like a sweet trail. Any pics of the wheeling?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.