Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Moabrubi's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 05-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #226
parcours
2005 TJ Wrangler 

NICE!

parcours is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #227
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps works great. Didn't really go wheeling, but went up to a little offroad park where they have a little obstacle course so it was perfect to test the rig out. I took it easy since I don't have an engine skid though. There is definetly some spots where I could have ripped the Fumoto drain right out of my oilpan.

It's hard to believe it's the same Jeep, it crawls so much better, isn't as tippy, and places I would have never even thought of going the Jeep just put puts right on through. Having all this clearance is AWESOME!

Also the Fox shocks are miles ahead of my old Bilsteins. In the rocks they are much more stable and in the high speed stuff they soak up the hits MUCH better. I was hitting some pretty rough areas pretty fast. It's amazing how much of a difference shocks make.

I slammed the new Savvy GTS really hard too coming off a big rock. Happy to report that I only took the paint off the skid. It really is amazing how strong this aluminum is. The old stock GTS dented from much lighter hits.

Possibly going out on the 25th to Gold Mtn and John Bull with a local forum. If my engine skid arrives by then then it's on. I hate worrying about that oil pan with no skid.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #228
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Jeeps works great. Didn't really go wheeling, but went up to a little offroad park where they have a little obstacle course so it was perfect to test the rig out. I took it easy since I don't have an engine skid though. There is definetly some spots where I could have ripped the Fumoto drain right out of my oilpan.

It's hard to believe it's the same Jeep, it crawls so much better, isn't as tippy, and places I would have never even thought of going the Jeep just put puts right on through. Having all this clearance is AWESOME!

Also the Fox shocks are miles ahead of my old Bilsteins. In the rocks they are much more stable and in the high speed stuff they soak up the hits MUCH better. I was hitting some pretty rough areas pretty fast. It's amazing how much of a difference shocks make.

I slammed the new Savvy GTS really hard too coming off a big rock. Happy to report that I only took the paint off the skid. It really is amazing how strong this aluminum is. The old stock GTS dented from much lighter hits.

Possibly going out on the 25th to Gold Mtn and John Bull with a local forum. If my engine skid arrives by then then it's on. I hate worrying about that oil pan with no skid.
Went to Azusa canyon? Looks like you had fun
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #229
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Went to Azusa canyon? Looks like you had fun
Yup. Obstacle course is actually pretty fun and challenging. The concrete tubes and dividers are pretty slippery and the rocks are big. I want to go back and try a few different obstacles when I get armored back up.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #230
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When are you bringin that sucker to Moab so I can take a closer look at it??
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #231
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
When are you bringin that sucker to Moab so I can take a closer look at it??
Shooting for June of 2014. Can't make it this year or to EJS next year due to schedules. Might be trailering it so that means playing on the fun stuff!
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #232
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Shooting for June of 2014. Can't make it this year or to EJS next year due to schedules. Might be trailering it so that means playing on the fun stuff!
That's the best way to do it! Just don't scratch that nice paint job.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #233
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why go to EJS so you can sit in line all day, all week?
Get a few friends together and go tear it up at the end of April or early May, is about the perfect time to go there.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #234
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Speaking of pretty paint jobs, Just picked up some clay bars and other detailing stuff so I can detail the Jeep. I took a closer look the other day and saw she had a lot of scratches. Time to make her purty again .

Quote:
Get a few friends together and go tear it up at the end of April or early May, is about the perfect time to go there.
Last time I went to EJS it was fun. Won lots of stuff and I never had to worry about getting lost . All kinds of sweet rigs to check out too. The lines really weren't that bad and I could easily run 2 trails in a day if i wanted. I really enjoy the whole vibe during EJS.

If I can get a group for next year during Juneish we are most likely going. Moab is just too much fun.
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #235
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What engine skid are you going with?
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #236
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
What engine skid are you going with?
Rokmen. Probably shouldnt have sold my UCF but oh well.
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #237
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was actually meaning trailering it is the best way to do it. I normally don't go down during the Safari. But I will say that everybody needs to try it just once. Rolling out of town on the big Saturday is an experience you just won't get anywhere else.
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #238
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Trailering is the smarter way to go especially if it's a long distance trip.
I prefer my wheeling with a small group of friends, so we don't have to wait on people bashing their stuff sit somewhere bored to wait for a trail to clear or end up having to fix somebody's poorly built or prepared crap, just not my thing, but that's just me.
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #239
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling today at Cleghorn. Pretty moderate for the most part but still lots of fun. First off, the suckdown winch is the best mod ever. Suspension starts to unload and you lose traction and feel like you are about to flip, hit the button and just walk right up. . Also, I'm in love with the MTR's, they grip like so much better on the rocks then my old tires.

Only issue I'm having is that I have this awful rubbing noise when I hit a bump/dip moderately hard and the axle goes straight up. I don't see any rubbing, and when I cycled the suspension everything cleared just fine .

Anyways here the pics/video. I really thought I got better pics but oh well, I was having too much fun with my new and improved Jeep!

Suckdown winch on the powerline hill. This video DOES NOT do it justice. That hill is super steep and really dug out at the bottom. Never seen a short wheelbase Jeep make it up this. I've seen a bunch of well built LJ's get denied because the suspension unloading. It was so awesome to crawl it .

Some random little hill:

Pics.

This little hill was fun.

Unread 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #240
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Glad to see you had some fun with the jeep! That's what it's all about!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.